Off-topic discussions

Comments

• [Deleted User]Frankincense (deleted user)

@RScarf1 It seems like in some work environments you really need something like a body-cam on you at all times, so you can always prove your innocence when a false allegation is made. Sad that is has to be like that.

• [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)

Yeah, I agree. Some of the cities in the United States have given body cameras to their police. For me, the hostile work environment was so bad that I wanted a coworker to accompany me when I had a meeting with my supervisor and manager who are women. They both made written false accusations against me which caused me to receive discipline. They wrote that I slammed the door of their office even though it is impossible to slam because it is a hydraulic door. I was reprimanded. I had to eventually hire a lawyer because they were obviously trying to get me fired and then I was transferred to another library because I had a lawyer and my employer did not want to get sued. The stress made my health decline and I am still recovering. If I was a woman and two male employees were workplace bullies, I would have been transferred immediately. I had to endure the lies for a few years and finally when I had enough evidence and had a lawyer, I was able to get the transfer that I repeatedly asked for. My employer still has not acknowledged to me that they were at fault. They feel that they did me a favor and that I did not deserve a transfer.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

I don't think that's wine, @Frankincense... ;)

• [Deleted User]onceperyear (deleted user)
    edited October 2017

Had to balance all the negative energy in this space. :D

I don't drink alcohol.

These posts are a manifestation of the "us versus them" phenomenon. It takes extra effort to recognize and move beyond these beliefs.

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

@corgilove. My neighbors have two Corgis, they are wonderful dogs. And LOVE, that’s what it’s all about. In regard to another of your posts, I think you’ll find the mindset on here to be pretty much binary. With the number if west-coasters I’m somewhat surprised, but heck, love ‘em all anyways.

@chococuddles I'm so pure and innocent (damn, there's no angel emoticon) that I don't know of any recreational substance besides alcohol that makes people say "I love you" to all and sundry. =)

• [Deleted User]ChinchillaChive (deleted user)

"Nobody in the LGBT+ community is hurting anyone" lol me and my lgbt friends can argue otherwise. I've been excluded so much i'm shocked when people pretend the community is 100% loving and accepting when it isn't a lot of the time. Same with most minority communities, anyone who isn't a minority thinks its a happy loving place when in reality lots of garbage goes down no one is brave enough to speak up about.

@RScarf1 That's horrible to have to go through. But at least it gives you the advantage of learning what the other gender is like, and what things you can do to protect yourself next time.

I did all I could to protect myself, but it's difficult when the employer is biased in favor of women and management. I work with great people now, men and women.

STRANGER THINGS 2! Who else is watching this?

Only on Episode 3 but wow is it good!!! Better than last season for sure!

Where the ST2 fans at??? :p

@cuddlehoe Some pros believe the higher price weeds out the rif raf from the "educated more refined gentlemen" and others believe it takes too long to prepare for just a 30 minute session. The first one is bogus but the second is understandable. Especially if they're hosting. Not sure if any cuddling pros on any site offer a 30 minute session...?

• Jeeez. Lots of bitterness towards pros in general, so not needed!! @cuddlehoe, i understand your point but im sure if you looked around enough youd find a pro who would be willing to work with you and your financial situation. And just a heads up, you might not want to say you want cuddles if they were affordable, followed by calling the people who provide that "whores who travel from hotel to hotel". Im most certainly not a whore and many of the other women on here who provide love and cuddles to others are also not whores. So... Not cool.:I
    Just had to say something*
    Happy cuddling!:)

• So do you confirm Brandi that this site is for pros who wander from hotel to hotel for weeks on end at $80 and work 16!hour days

Brandi wake up

• Glad you said something Brandi but look around at the forums

The only way a guy can get a cuddle is with a hoe who travels months in a row cuddling from one sleezy hotel to another

• Sorry youre that bitter that you cant see good in things, sir. A lovely night to you. :)

• @cuddlehoe perhaps that is the only way YOU can get a cuddle. It is not a wonder either, for if you project the same bitter, bad attitude in real life as you do while tapping on your keypad, I can see why nobody would want to cuddle with you. You pass judgment to the paid cuddlers on here, and you are attacking @Brandi, who has a history of showing people nothing but kindness, and is a genuinely good human being. You are just angry that there is a market for paid cuddling. If you have an issue with that, change your attitude, show some kindness and positivity, and perhaps you might find a cuddle pal in your area who you don't have to pay for their time and attention if that is what you seek.

• account spamming, @cuddlehoe, suspecting he was previously known as @toddtodd, stop harassing professionals just because you made inappropriate decisions and were rebuked for it.

• .correct, no need to respond to @cuddlehoe, his account with the previous name of @toddtodd was banned because he was harrassing a pro cuddler so you would think he’d give it a rest but instead he just created another account to continue the harassment.
    I suspect this account will be banned soon enough but it gives a really scary insight of what pro cuddlers have to deal with sometimes and the risks they take when meeting new cuddle clients. In this particular case she was able to weed him out before a session happened but what if she had accepted him as a client and then she found herself alone in a hotel room with this nut job.
    Good eye @Scarlette and be careful out there.

edited January 2018

Mod Notice: Moved following discussion from 'New pro quit rate' thread.

@RScarf1 - you pay for a session and pay for a meal?

Quite the gentleman.

Yes, both the session and meal. I pick a good restaurant, but recently I went to Whole Foods with a new cuddler. There are tables inside and outside where people can eat. I just had a cuddling session with this cuddler today, so this was the second time I saw her. It was a great session and she wanted to know more about the profession, so I told her what I knew and some of my experiences, the good and the bad. We were supposed to meet another day, but she got sick with a throat infection. I offered to help her with energy healing from a distance. I told her to lie down and I visualized her on my bed, but she wasn’t really there. As I was doing my hand motions, I felt heat on my right hand which was near where her throat would be. She told me that she felt something in her throat during the distance healing. She recovered quickly like within a couple of days and then after the cuddling session today, I did an energy healing on her for a few minutes. She said one of her fingers was moving involuntarily. That is known as a register and it is normal for the type of energy work I do.

@RScarf1 what methods would you use to help a man move past his misogyny and anger?

• I think cold feet and anxiety might be a factor. They bite off more than they thought.

Hi corgilove. I'm not a psychologist and I hope you're not implying that I am a misogynist. To answer your question, I think when a man has a lot of negative experiences with women in his personal and professional life, then it can affect them. Some men are in the MGTOW movement, but I think men are concerned about getting married because the court system is biased and they see what happened to other men and they don't want to take that risk. Also, men are being portrayed negatively by the media and the entertainment industry. As a recent example, The Last Jedi Star Wars movie was intentionally written to portray men in a negative light. The character of Luke Skywalker was purposefully changed to fit the narrative that the director wanted. Even actor Mark Hamill was against this when he read the script. As a result, he had to act out of character. The women in the movie were portrayed as being the morally right ones even though they were wrong at times. Men are seen as the enemy to women's equality and that is not true. At least it's not true for me and I think most men are accepting of women in professions that used to have mostly men. As an example, the comic book industry used to have mostly male writers and artists. That is changing now and I see it when I go to comic book conventions. If a woman has the talent and meets the job requirements, then she should have an opportunity for those jobs.

I worked with women most of my life, but it was difficult being one of the few men in workplaces with mostly women. I was not always treated fairly by my supervisors who were women and I feel that being a man was the main reason. My current supervisor is a woman and she is great. I feel a lot less stress because I can do my job and not be in fear of lies being written or said about me and my job always being in jeopardy. It is a tremendous amount of stress when people in power are against you. I think some women like the fact that they are in power and they will abuse that power and authority, especially when a man is their subordinate. I can ask the same question to you: what methods would you use to help a woman move past her misandry? Misogyny can mean a mistrust of women. It does not necessarily have to mean a mistreatment of women or a dislike of women. I think men mistrust some women. There are women that I trust because of how they interacted with me. There are also women who I do not trust for legitimate reasons. Regarding the thread topic, pros can quit for a variety of reasons. I don't think the main reason is men mistreating women. I had sessions with cuddlers and most of them stayed in the business, but a few others quit shortly after. I always followed the rules and was respectful. I think some cuddlers just decide it's not for them. There are also other reasons which have been mentioned on this thread.

• @RScarf1 I am a social worker which is heavily a female dominated field, and my entire professional life I have worked with mostly women and have had women supervisors. Never once have I felt I was treated unfairly due to my gender. I didn't understand how all of these negative experiences that you attribute to gender seem to happen to you. Are you certain it is due to your gender, and not due to other factoring circumstances, and that you aren't being defensive and assuming it is due to your gender?

I stated that being a man was the main reason. That's great pmvines that you were never treated unfairly in the workplace due to your gender, but it happens. People are treated unfairly because of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, disability, and religion. There were at times negative perceptions of my job performance and that's why I say that being a man was the main reason because most of the time, the criticism was unjustified or there was an exaggeration of the truth. I talked to my union representative and he said that he has seen similar situations that a worker is portrayed as poor by one supervisor and then is portrayed as good by another. One of my female supervisors did not help African-American customers twice that I witnessed and she lied about my job performance after I informed Human Resources about her not helping these customers because of their race. I also had a coworker witness one of these instances, so I was not the only one who saw this. She also would give positive yearly evaluations to my female coworkers and I trained some of them because they were new employees. I received mediocre evaluations even though I was nominated for customer service awards and my work was at least above average. Now that I am in another workplace, I am the same worker, but not falsely portrayed and my supervisor is satisfied with my work performance.

As a teacher, I was doing well in one school and then I transferred to a school closer to my home the following school year. I was a reading teacher and my female supervisor was the reading coach. She was very controlling. She felt that her system was the reason why the school was successful in reading rather than the rich suburbs which is where the school was located. I could not teach the way I did at my previous school which was in a poor area of the county. I had to resign during the school year because I could not do what I needed to do and I was under a lot of stress. I found out about a decade later that she transferred to an inner city school and her system failed and I was not surprised about this. When I was a substitute teacher, a female teacher called me to tell me that the attendance was not done properly in the classes that I worked for her. I worked at that school for a few years, so I always did the attendance correctly. I said on the phone that I did it correctly and she complained to the office and said that I was rude to her. I went to the office later that day and the substitute coordinator said to me that if I act that way again, I can't work there anymore, but I didn't do or say anything wrong or in a rude tone. I can give more instances, but I don't feel that I should have to defend myself with you. You in particular on this forum seem to disagree with me or want to make it seem as if I am not being sincere.

• edited January 2018

@RScarf its not that I am singling you out or attacking you. I am saying that you seem to have had a lot of negative experiences with women, and you are yourself always bringing up how you are treated unfairly, things are biased against men, there is a feminist agenda against men in movies, comics, and media. This does lead to an air of conspiracy theorist that your posts often revolve around. My point is that sometimes maybe its not them, its you? These are the things that you are defending against, not me. I'm not making up things, these are all your posts and your words.

• [Deleted User]SJSpooner (deleted user)

@cuddlebugTM - Yes, yes, yes! This quote up above. I need say no more.