How did people pick their user names?

Comments

• I am just a big fan of Kiwi birds.

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

Potential Reasons:

• It was word 27, on page 152, of the first book I grabbed off my shelf? grin
    • It refers to a strong warrior, in the service of others?
    • It was in a song, playing on the radio?
    • It sounds cool?
    • It was a word that just popped into my head.
  • My name comes from the idea of power animals. Ravens have always been a potent symbol of wisdom, and their songs are how they share that with the world.

Also, my favorite perfume in High School was called Raven Song. It had a beautiful Nene Thomas picture on it and smells amazing. It was discontinued forever ago.

• [Deleted User]RTL1970 (deleted user)

First, middle, and last initial plus birth year. I figured it couldn’t possibly have already been taken.

• @RavenSong89 - You can sometimes find old discontinued perfumes on eBay. I found some Xanadu by Faberge which was my favourite fragrance.

• In another profession I used Two letters out of my 4 daughters names to remind me why I was working that profession.simply was to support my girls. I’m so glad not to be in that anymore and I have found a business I love.
    Then As i make friends It is shortened to Moki.
    Montana Kiana Sierra Savanna
    Mokissia

• My mom wanted to call me John when I was born, but my dad went up to the nurse's station while she was recovering and changed it to Donald. My mom has told me she hates that name, so I go by Don, which sounds closer to what she wanted to call me. My middle name is from my grandfather Gerry. And the last name is Long.

The most asked question I get about my name in real life is if I had it legally changed to that because they think it's a stage name or something. Online, nobody believes my real name. So I thought if everyone thinks my real name is fake anyway, why make up an online handle?

The worst part is that with anything official, like the government or companies I work at where the personnel file is last name first, I am listed as Long Don G.

• Based on a character's favorite flower of mine.

• @DonLonG - it could be worse, your last name could be Short or Little.

• [Deleted User]Madebytheblood (deleted user)
    edited September 2019

Bloodborne the video game 😁 there was a quote where the character said “We are made men by the blood, undone by the blood” something like that.

• [Deleted User]ElleRose (deleted user)

Elle is one of my nicknames and I love roses.

• First initial; and the initials for James Tiberius Kirk because I'm a trekkie. Seemed a nice safe way to personalize it yet feel anonymous from my other usernames I used places :smile:

• [Deleted User]evevanity (deleted user)

Eve was my grandmothers middle name. And then I added Vanity because of a Canadian singer and model named Vanity (her real name is Denise Matthew) whom I absolutely adored. It also stands for my taste in enjoying the beautiful things in life.

• It's a lovely username @evevanity. :)

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)

Mine is pretty self-explanatory... lol

No human children, but two dogs who are my children. Their pic is in my profile and was my profile pic at first.

• When I was young my family would sing sherry baby to me but change the lyrics to my name Kari so when I was making a username while I was still young I made it karibaby 831 means I love you

• I started getting deeper into the internet scene in the early 2000s. By 2003, Quincy was too common of a name to use on most sites, so I tried adding 03 after it, but that name was taken on gmail. Some people call me Q, so I added it to make quincyq03 and it stuck. After all these years, it's still one of the main usernames I use online, so it's not too confusing to remember different names on different websites.

• My first name, middle and last initials. The numbers come from the arcade store number I was manager of.

• My first name, middle and last initials. The numbers come from the arcade store number I was manager of.

• @scottdc297 Hey, a fellow former arcade manager! I wonder if we worked for the same chain. :o

• My username is a spin-off of my very first D&D character, named Saria. As to where I got Saria from, you’ll have to build a time machine and go back to ask little me how I came up with it.
    Although, fun fact, I discovered that Saria also happens to be the name of some fairy in the Zelda game Ocarina of Time.

• [Deleted User]SnuggyBundle (deleted user)

I came up with SnuggyBundle a long time ago when coming up with a name for an email account. A snuggy bundle is what I imagine I become when I crunch into a tiny ball under my blankets. It has nothing to do with the brand Snuggie, which is like a backwards robe. Though I could totally be a snuggy bundle in one of those too! <3

• @SnuggyBundle

It has nothing to do with the brand Snuggie

You talking about this commercial?

• @Morpheus so did mine! Cute fuzzy pups. <3

Mine came from picturing a litter of puppies. (Ha, someone thought maybe I was into cuddling in kitty litter.)

• I got my name because on song by Eric Benet

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

I chose my name because it was available for use on this site and it reflects where I'm at in my life. I'm deconstructing everything I ever believed in about myself. I'm reconstructing myself in light of new life experiences and people in my life. Sometimes it makes me seem unbalanced and crazy. But it takes constant mindful awareness to heal oneself, to grow and find that yin yang balance that's necessary to feeling whole. I'm not a fraud. I believe in self truth even when it makes me feel and look ugly. At least I know I'm on a path to building and maintaining my truth. And my truth only!

• Death by chocolate essentially means a dessert that is full of a lot of chocolate I use the French spelling of chocolate because I took French in high school

• Catcher in the Rye protagonist’s name sounds like holdin’ ... I was surprised it wasn’t already taken.

• I got a lame name I made up on the spot, not wit whatsoever. I’d known about this site for a few years but decided to finally join just now, last minute name ideas “doge” kinda dumb dank meme outta cause thinking of get the heck outta dodge and just threw those two words together, outtadoge and just more or less yeah that’ll do! Nobody will have that username.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Aw, man. And here was me hoping it was a clever pun referencing that trope where a ruler of some sort (say the Doge of Venice) doesn't actually want to rule. The disappointment!