Relationship Status

[Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
The topic has come up recently where a pro has said that she's been questioned regarding her relationship status. A potential client wouldn't see her due to her being in a relationship. I think that relationship status shouldn't matter especially when it comes to professional cuddling. The relationship status of the pro and or client shouldn't matter to the other. Another member suggested removing that drop down in the profile settings. That question unlike some of the other questions has to be answered. Perhaps the best thing to do is to leave that drop down but remove it as a required selection.
  1. Shoud relationship status on CC profiles be23 votes
    1. Removed as a profile option
      13.04%
    2. Remain a profile option
      43.48%
    3. Removed as a profile requirement
      43.48%

Comments

• Its all preference. But to remove it as a requirement would bother me because its forcing me to hide part of my life. I would simply add it to my about me if that was the case.
  • [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    @brandi...removing it as a profile requirement means you have the option of putting it or not. Seems that's what most people prefer. Not removing it all together.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    For example, certain things such as religion are not a requirement to answer but relationship status is a requirement. I think the best option would be to leave it as an option but remove it as a requirement.
  • edited March 2017
    So, the answer 1 is a subset of answer 3? So at my last look, 2/3 want it removed, in some way or the other?.
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBunny88 (deleted user)
    It's strange that it forces you to answer, since this is not a dating website. Relationship status should be removed as a requirement or an option all together.
  • The given options seem to be a little confusing to some. I think a more clear wording would be:
    1. Removed as a profile option (no change to this one)
    2. Remain mandatory
    3. Remain an option but be made non-mandatory

I'm personally with option 3. Keeping the option to list status in an easy-to-reference field is good for the people who feel it is very important, and making it non-mandatory gives freedom to decline for those who find it irrelevant or prefer to only share that information in personal communications between individuals. The people that highly value relationship status in a cuddle partner can either directly ask the people that don't list their status or bypass them due to incompatible values. The people that don't care one way or another can ignore others' listed statuses. It's a win all around.
  • I remain with 2 because I think it's up to those who choose option 1 to defend it and the rest of us leave it alone.
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    edited March 2017
    I personally feel that pros shouldn't put that their in a relationship here. Part of being professional is not disclosing personal information. You're supposed to be like the girl next door for us paying customers. I wouldn't pay to cuddle with a young woman that's in a relationship. She should just keep that to herself. 
  •  That's a personal preference... You sound like such a judgmental person in most of your responses CuddleBandit....

Just as you would not hire a "grandma" you don't have to hire a taken cuddler. Which is why it should be noted. So you know who to go to and who not to.. simply move on... as many people have said in many different topics regarding personal things about a pro... were not cookie cutter people you know, and I don't want to be treated as a girl next door for hire. That's putting a sexual label on it in my perspective. 

• Since cuddling is supposed to be a purely platonic activity, I don't see why relationship status matters at all. I think it should be optional to respond to, like it is on Facebook. But I understand it might matter to some (non-pro) people. So if an answer to the question is required, "I'd rather not say" should be one of the available selections. So the field looks like this:

Relationship Status:
    * Single
    * Married
    * In a Relationship
    * I'd rather not say

That way, people who want to keep their personal business private can do so. People who only wish to cuddle single people can skip profiles with any of the other answers.  Touch-starved people in complicated situations won't be tempted to lie.

One final thought: questions like relationship status, and whether or not someone wants children in the future, can only contribute to the impression some members clearly have that this is a dating site in disguise. Personally, I'd ditch them both!
  • [Deleted User]michael_j (deleted user)
    I think it's important to have the explicit option to give this information in a profile (not just written in the text profile where it might get lost). Just in case it is important to you personally. I also think this information should be given when a potential cuddled asks.

We would all agree no one should feel uncomfortable while cuddling with someone from here. So why hide information that may affect them?

Understandably some may not want it public or feel it is important. Others though may feel differently. Remember, our profile is not for our own benefit, it's for our partners'.
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    I've had bad experiences with married guys wanting to do platonic cuddling while hiding it from their wives (in a non-professional setting) so I would rather have people's relationship status on display.
  • Some folks would like others to know, where other pros would like to create the illusion of availability. Same reason agents will tell pop stars, models, and actors to not disclose if in relationship as they feel it will make them more attainable and interesting. I'm not saying I agree with this assessment, just stating what I believe to be the reasoning behind it.
  • That is still an issue with this site. It has "dating site-esque connotations". Personally, I don't see it as a bad thing to have your relationship status, but shouldn't be a requirement in my opinion. However much a pro or client wants to disclose is up to them. I like to have my relationship status as I am proud of my significant other and don't want to create any illusions of availability.
  • Rei I agree with you, it should be optional. I am glad you have no qualms as a pro with making your relationship known. I think quite a few would not do that as a means to drum up more business.
  • [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    I have come to the conclusion that I would not hire a pro anymore. If I can't find a nonpro cuddle buddy then so be it. So relationship status matters to me.
  • It is quite different for pros vs non pros.
  • [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    To me it is pretty much the same. If cuddler pro or not lies about being single or refuse to answer then as well as refuses to meet in public first meeting then all those are red flags.