What I have found on this site

Comments

• edited October 2022

@FitSmartCuddler Thank you 🙏😄👌 It’s wrong and completely contrary to the natural evolution of what is happening, to attack what has been the predominant gender role assertions for the last few millennia. That is far more hateful rhetoric to perpetuate/complicate with excessively divisive and categorically infant-stage definitions of gender/sexuality.

Our food supply has become highly infested with micro plastics, outdoor soil permeated with toxic chemicals which foster genetic modification for decades now. It’s no surprise genetic “mutations” COULD be occurring (not assuming any “truths” here) at higher rates than ever before seen in human history.

The real question is, how does each individual choose to want to deal with it? Some would rather fuel pharmaceuticals to solve the problem. Some would choose to detoxify their cellular structures. But none of these issues are going to be resolved in any time frame less than they were created in and exchanging information in open compassionate, vigorous dialogue is just barely scratching into step 1 of the process. Shutting down the process altogether, is only gonna piss the curious people of the world off more. How plastic do people really want to become, or not? Perhaps we should ask a Kardashian 🤣

• edited October 2022

@FitSmartCuddler So on point 🥲 Thank you for doing the imperative work of restoring GOOD men’s integrity. REFRESHING!

• @tinc: The only reason same-sex marriage is currently legal in my state is because in 2015 the U.S. Supreme Court said it had to be. Revoke Obergefell vs. Hodges, and heterosexuality is once again the only "-ality" that gets you rights like, say... being able to see the person you love when they're in hospital. Funny how important legal marriage is for so many things.

Until 1965 it was legal to forcibly sterilize gay people in my state. Until 1973, people could be arrested and given anywhere from one to ten years in prison for making love to their own lover in their own home.

You find plenty of evidence saying America isn't culturally intolerant of homosexuality? I wonder where you find it. Next to the straight people who keep getting attacked and murdered for being straight? [For the sarcastically challenged: this is sarcasm. Straight people have many cultural privileges that non-straight people don't, and often discriminate against and even kill non-straight people for the "crime" of not being straight.]

Ah, but I was forgetting: if a few human rights are granted to a group, that means all intolerance for them is gone. Ignore the hate crimes—they mean nothing.

• @tinc - The fact that we can discuss a topic is not evidence there is no longer intolerance. Just like white folks cannot fully appreciate the racism that exists because we’re not victims of it and so therefore oblivious to it, so it is that straight folks cannot fully appreciate what gay folks have to put up with in a society that, yes, still discriminates against gay folks. And homosexuality is not an “industry.” It’s a sexual orientation.

Why does anyone need the “approval” of institutions, etc.? They don’t. But they do need acceptance. Obviously you have not been denied a job, benefits, visiting privileges, or just the ability to do the things that people do in their lives because of your sexual orientation. It’s too bad we can’t somehow make you gay and let you experience for yourself what it’s like. Even better would be to make you gay and living in a country where it’s still illegal and punishable by death. Then, perhaps, you’d understand.

While it’s true that the society we live in is more open and tolerant than it has been in the past it does not mean that intolerance does not still exist. There is still a lot of work to do.

Frankly, I find your comments offensive. Suggesting that the problem with discrimination is in the minds of those who are discriminated against and that the solution is for them to change their thinking leaves me speechless. If you can’t see the glaring problem with that then probably nothing I or anyone else can say is going to cure your blindness.

• Refer to posts from @JohnR1972 and @Nikoli on October 10th.

Not willing to tag individuals in any attempt to “correct” them or disparage their personal opinions or preferences.

• edited October 2022

Having survived multitudes of legalized predators in my life, my experience is that legalizing something within government contexts doesn’t imply that it’s unquestionably or supremely moral.

• edited October 2022

The comment to which I responded was about homosexuality, not predators.

• These are all questions rooted in the argument of whether you believe it is moral for a government to act imperialistically or not. Whether an individual believes the best answer is to consolidate power into one mushy lump, or to distribute it evenly amongst a broader range of perspectives and lifestyles.

Any superficial study into history will show that the more power is consolidated into one lump of a perspective, the further it descends into authoritarianism. Governments ALWAYS default to Totalitarianism. Which is why self-governance, personal restraint, and practical discipline is the most potent tool in the shed.

• We’re talking about people’s ability to freely live their lives.

• edited October 2022

My argument is not that intolerance doesn’t exist. My argument is that intolerance will never not exist and the very premise of both sides is directly reliant on discriminating against the other. We can definitely minimize it’s inherent harms in multitudes of ways but creating the unrealistic expectation to eliminate it altogether is the main driver of unrest, catalyzed by the refusal to come to terms with objective truths.

• edited October 2022

It’s no different than saying “the sun can only exist. The moon and it’s reflections are offensive and discriminatory to the sun and therefore we must eliminate it altogether!”

• Also, are you sure I haven’t experienced any of what you described me as never having experienced? I find that a very bold statement and assumption.

But I’m not offended by it. Back to my workout now 😉

• @tinc I love the costume in your profile photo! Simple and elegant, very fun!!

• Thank you @Jubal Medusa was a very misunderstood individual and I resonate with that a lot 😌

• @tinc says, "the very premise of both sides [straight and not-straight] is directly reliant on discriminating against the other."

What a fascinating claim! I had no idea LGBT+ people were opposed to straight, cis people getting married, remaining reproductively viable, being able to get jobs, housing, medical care, cakes, etc. without their sexual orientation being an issue.

Next you'll tell me there are a lot of non-straight people who sincerely hold the belief that heterosexual people, by choosing to act in straight ways, are earning a fate worse than death and should in fact be executed for the moral crime of straightness! I had no idea that the very premise of being a person attracted to a member of the same sex was directly reliant on discriminating against people who are attracted to members of a different sex.

Ah, but I was forgetting: non-straight people are quite literally "subscribing" to their "alities." It's a heavily funded industry, apparently. Of course the "ality" you "subscribe" to is reliant on discriminating against the other. Hang on, which other? The other, Tinc said: but which other would that be? Funny thing. Gay, bi, pan, straight, ace, and there's only one sexuality that seems to be set on discriminating against, demonizing, and eradicating all the others. Huh.

Like @Babichev said, it's obvious some people have not been denied a job, benefits, visiting privileges, or just the ability to do the things that people do in their lives because of their sexual orientation [emphasis mine].

• edited October 2022

Your aggression and discomfort, is rooted in no one other than yourself. And I wish you peace in your heart and love and acceptance of yourself @DaringSprinter 🤗

• @tinc, I'm disappointed! That is a very bad misdirection.

• Also…harassment, vitriol, and violence (verbal, physical, online or otherwise) is the least effective way of accomplishing your end goal. And it’s a tragedy that your parents and family situation growing up instilled in you that it’s the only way. Peace be in your Heart ♥️

• edited October 2022

And I accept you just as you are btw @DaringSprinter Differences of opinion aside, you are a perfectly crafted human being that never deserved what you got handed and I pray every day for all who have felt what you did to realize that and find comfort in the healthful pursuit of their own independent lives ♥️♥️♥️

• @tinc, you have to at least pretend to address the actual points @Babichev and I are making. Otherwise the attempted dodge is horribly obvious. Passive-aggressive personal attacks can't get you out of the corner you've written yourself into.

• I actually don’t identify as being in a corner. I don’t hold prejudices against anyone hetero, homo, or otherwise. I don’t require affirmation from anyone, nor would I ever dare to back anyone into a corner.

I’m glad you get to live the life you identify with, and happily absorbed and accepted all of what you and @Babichev have noted here. Sometimes it’s just better to end the fighting. I learned that from the professional fight community. Ending fights in a civil manner is the best case scenario we can all hope for. 🤗

• I have no counter arguments ✅👍

• @tinc: Little late to end it civilly, given the insults you offered in lieu of counterargument, explanation, or admission that your mind had been changed—but at least it's ended.

For the record, you're not the first to try to use the pain of my past against me, to claim it's made me one thing or another, and you probably won't be the last. Ad hominem is a standard fallback for people without a metaphorical leg to stand on. Can't counter someone's points? Ignore them and attack his character.

We all see what you did there. It wasn't civil.

• edited October 2022

😶

• @tinc... what the heck would I be threatening?

"Ooh, one day I'll be insulted just like this again"? Not much of a threat. "You didn't make yourself look too good here"? Past tense statement of fact!

Given that I don't have "above average protection" from banning, your suggestion that I do reads a bit like someone with a gun saying it's a good thing I'm bulletproof, though. That makes for a decent threat.

You might be able to get me banned. I know how much social acceptance I haven't got.

Wouldn't change the points I made earlier.

• @DaringSprinter Let it be known I have your back and many others on here do too. Don’t take the troll bait and walk away.

• Thank you, @FunCartel. That means a lot to me.

• @DaringSprinter always spot on and we’ll articulates for those willing to absorb what you are saying. As well as @Babichev.

Just a few comments I’d like to add:

I see some people have a problem with the word homophobia because they feel the definition is different from other “phobias” i propose that you take the definition and assign it a name that you are comfortable, I’m going to suggest todd. Maybe that will help. Arguing the non existence of something because you don’t like the way it’s spelled seems to be evidence of some sort of phobia even if it’s not todd.

@DaringSprinter when you were describing the time lines of homosexual sterilization and discrimination i automatically thought you were talking about Black peoples struggles…. Funny how they seem to have very similar time frames, sadly one is drastically making movements forward…..

I must have missed the disgusting comments that were mentioned but I’m sure from what I’ve read it was just the manner in which the idea was expressed that caused the reaction. However, it does sound like it was something better left unsaid.

@tinc i do believe the things you said regarding or directed too others were out of line and the deflection seemed even more disrespectful.

Anyway gay or anyone on the lgbtqia+ pervue are great and deserve to not have to deal with any discrimination. I just don’t think I’d cuddle a man. It may be culturally engrained in me ( likely) but it’s where I’m at in life. I see nothing wrong with it. And understanding that I’m limiting cuddle options is the price i must pay, i guess. Tbh i don’t seem to cuddle women either so limiting comes from all angles.

Also! Tolerance does not come from mischaracterizing others experience and claiming but it’s ok with me. It may just be staying quiet and understanding you don’t know it all. Disagreeing and keeping it to yourself is great. Either offer value or keep it to yourself. But i also didn’t have to say anything.

• @DaringSprinter i too have your back. I also believe this reaction to nonsense is uncharacteristic of you, i hope you’ll not be bothered too much.

@tinc that above average protection comment was very (insert your own)ist to me and it whistled very loud. Childish