What I have found on this site

[Deleted User]Snow_Wizard (deleted user)

I am trying to find someone to cuddle, and all I see are either: profiles on here, that haven't been active in months or "single" (why that even matter when it comes to cuddling, platonically is beyond me) but it's either men looking to cuddle women or women for women only. Where are the men and women who want to cuddle a man, platonically who are close to me? I am not asking for too much. This is not a dating site, at least from what cuddling should be on how this site presents itself. So come on men cuddle men, no one will think you are gay for it and if they do, they are the naive and ignorant ones that shouldn't matter.

1. Can men platonically cuddle men and not have it be anything more then that?140 votes
    1. Yes
      56.43%
    2. No
      22.86%
    3. Depends on boundaries
      20.71%

Comments

• On paper, I agree with you.

There are a lot of people on this site who apparently define platonic differently than I would, based on all the qualifiers and restrictions they use, the kind of pictures they post, etc.

I just try to remember we are all struggling, and we have all been conditioned in different ways, and have our own hang-ups and baggage.

(Sometimes I have to repeat that to myself multiple times after some of the comments I see here)

• I won't speak for anyone else, but I simply don't feel comfortable cuddling another man. In my experience, any embrace with another man that lasted more than a few seconds ended with one of us being slammed on the ground..so that's why I don't do it LOL.

As for the relationship status, I think it does matter to some people. I'm fine if my cuddler is in a relationship but there's always that thought of "is their spouse/SO going to barge in during a session?"

And in my experience, a lot of people who are in relationships constantly talk about their relationship. I relate more to single people because I'm also single and that means we won't have a bunch of "my wife/my husband did this" conversations.

Just my take on it

• I cannot in good conscience answer this poll question. While I believe a man could platonically cuddle another man and it not be anything else, that is completely between them and them alone. If they are both interested and have each other’s consent, they don’t need mine.

However, based on the preface to this poll question, I am concerned the poll might be used to pressure men who are not interested in cuddling other men into do so. I can practically hear someone (not necessarily the OP) saying “see, XX% of the people on this site think it’s OK so why won’t you cuddle another man?” Consent by its very nature must be voluntary, not coerced and this poll feels like a subtle attempt at using peer pressure to get men to consent to something many of us are not interested in.

I am NOT saying there is anything wrong with 2 men cuddling each other, it is just something I’m not into (just like Polka music 😊).

• @JohnR1972
    Consent by its very nature must be voluntary, not coerced.

I couldn't agree more. This is just the latest in a long line of discussions trying to convince someone to do something they are not comfortable with. I thought no means no. No ?
    If a man or women doesn't want to cuddle a man, get over it. This is their choice. Not necessarily in this conversation but I've seen shaming, pressuring and what seems like bullying people to do something they don't want to do. How is this OK ? I didn't answer the poll question because the answer is obvious but I did want to add my two cents.

• https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/davedaviscfo

My son is on cuddle comfort, and he will cuddle men and women. He’s very safe, and a lot of fun!!

• edited October 2022

Check out his genius profile.

• Yes, but not me.

• Welcome aboard @Snow_Wizard !!!! I am one of those who is very diverse and universal. I cuddle women, men and trans. I have NO hangup with anyone who wants to reach out.

• @KozyKim: The written part of your son's profile is obviously very well thought out! Part of the photo section... mm. I'm not sure how to say this. I hadn't expected to see a naked torso today.

• I wouldn't cuddle another man, I would only cuddle women and trans.

Even in a platonic sense, embracing another man for more than a brief hug is awkward. Even with very good male friends giving anything more than a brief "bro hug" it can start to get awkward.

• @DaringSprinter I agree with you of course as a mother I told him to take that picture off. Because I think you’ll get in trouble. And it just doesn’t send the right message he’s just proud of his physique. But trust me he doesn’t do much to keep it he just has good genetics. He does eat healthy though. there’s another part in his profile that I told him may not fly but he said keep it. he’s always very controversial. But because he’s love so well people always put up with him :)

I hope some people will message him and at least do a video chat. He could use some karma he’d like to go professional and I think that he would be a good professional because he really is a safe person. If he’s not safe I’ll kick his ass lol

• @KozyKim: I can understand why he'd be proud of his physique—but you are very right, baring it here does indeed send a sexual message. Hopefully he stops saying those thousand words (metaphorically speaking).

Everything else on his profile looks great to me. Platonically perfect.

• @DaringSprinter I respect your opinion. Thanks for the feedback. Message him and tell him:)

• @KozyKim: Thank you, and done.

• edited October 2022

@KozyKim Your son looks like a cool person. I like his profile. My only rec when talking about body contact or positions is not to mention foot rubs off the bat or maybe at all. When most women hear that from strangers, it sounds a certain way even if it's not the intention. Happy cuddles to him!

• Yeah I can see where you’re coming from but I assure you his intentions are good and he’s not into fetishes. Usually when people are into fetishes they talk about your feet in the first few sentence when they message you. I think that was my very first message someone sent on CC was can you take a picture of your feet.😬

I would love a foot rub by someone that is not into fetishes because foot rubs feel so good.

• I am at the pedicure place right now getting my feet done and all I can think about every time I come is when I very sweet worker took care of my feet so well and so loving that I cried through the whole thing. So yes strangers can give you good foot rubs. It was so embarrassing I couldn’t stop crying, It’s just felt so love💛

That’s why I always say it’s all about intention. If someone touches your finger tip with bad intention it’s creepy.

• @KozyKim Agreed, but you only know that bc you're his mom. I just don't want him to lose opportunities bc of that issue. Under the wrong circumstances, even Keanu Reeves could look creepy. :) I have no doubt your son is wholesome.

• @Snow_Wizard I like your open mind and cuddle “Everyone” as well!🤗

• Sorry but I ain’t gonna cuddle other men

• @KozyKim Its cool 😎 that your son is on this site and cuddle “Everyone” too. Cuddle 🤗 preferences are a personal choice but I admire those open to cuddling more than one gender!👍🏿

• @SuperManCuddles I think the difference with Dave is that he’s always been a cuddly person from day one. Some men on here are just missing out on female cuddles because of a spouse or they’re lonely but my son is not lonely he’s got lots of friends. But he is just a cuddly person by nature. A lot of my friends are very cuddly with their male friends. I would say half of my guy friends sit on the couch really close with her guy friends and rub each other‘s backs and legs. And they’re married or have girlfriends. They don’t see it as being gay they love their friends. And one of my friends friends would hold hands with his best friend in public and he finally had to get a shirt that said we’re not gay we’re just best friends. The one guy has gotten married. There’s a stigma and that’s probably why people are strange about it. But it’s normal in other countries

• Relationship status matters to me because most of the men who contact me who are in relationships have confessed that they have not told their S.O. they are contacting me looking for cuddles. Or, there are problems in their relationship and I'd be enabling them to stay in unhealthy relationships by meeting their cuddle needs. Just saying for those who wonder why it matters.

• @Cuddle_RN are you saying you will turn away certain cuddlers if you conclude that by cuddling with them it would be detrimental to them? By not looking at your profile I'm assuming you are a professional. If so I find it highly commendable that you would turn down business for the sake of the cuddler's benefit. That would be a true professional and a good example of cuddling as therapy.

• I don't mind cuddling with married chicks, i think thats cool heh

• @snugbuddy I believe she's an enthusiast.

• @cylee1180 I wouldn't know because I don't intentionally (meaning not accidentally clicking them) look at profiles unless they come up in a search of my local area and I'm interested in meeting them.

• I'm not a pro :)

• edited October 2022

I'm not interested in cuddling with men for the following reasons:

1. Being 100% straight, I get a certain "zing" cuddling with a woman, even platonically, that I don't get from being with a man.

2. I know from past experience that (some) gay men will swear on a stack of bibles that they're just being "a friend," and say they completely respect your straightness, while secretly hoping that they can get you to change your mind, or at least tempt you into being "bicurious." No thanks.

• I don’t cuddle with men who aren’t single, because if they haven’t told their S.O. And that person follows them and doesn’t understand platonic cuddling, it puts me at risk. Not worth it.