Why do (most) men do awful things on these sites?

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User]Jacob879 (deleted user)

I'll generally make generalizations about generals, as in my experience, most I've encountered, didn't seem to care much about the people under their command.

But I always like to note the in my experience bit. As, I've only personally interacted with so many, and feel no right to judge an entire rank on the actions of a small sample group.

Go figure, judging people on what you actually know.

What a wild idea.

But, if the response here is any indication, I'm completely off base only judging people on what I actually know.

Apparently it's completely okay to make calls on entire groups based off selective information, without considering people as a whole.

• edited November 2022

@Jacob879 you have never met General Mayhem then. Or General Disarray.

• [Deleted User]Jacob879 (deleted user)

No, can't say I have, just a few brigadier generals, a couple major generals, and one general.

You know, people that worked their hindquarters off, to be where they are, just to be criticized, and, I support that, because they willfully put themselves, as individual people, in public positions.

It's a bit harder, to justify, forums, deciding it's okay to generalize one group, but not others.

That's called bias, and to the thinking sort, is generally frowned upon.

But, that's to the thinking sort.

• edited November 2022

I won’t contribute anymore to this thread, but thank you to all for sharing your perspectives.

• @Jacob879 I believe you are stating what that article is backing up with research as well. Men like you that have been victimized are often overlooked and the majority of resources for help are targeted to woman who have been victimized.

At the end of the day, I believe everyone can agree that:

• We need to respect a person's sexual autonomy.
    • People should be respectful of how trauma has affected others
    • That we should all be kind and compassionate
    • We should all respect boundaries
  • @FunCartel and that tree frogs are super cute.

• edited November 2022

@Jacob879 I did some more research. Apparently, the US Military houses about 1.4 million people in 2022, and of that approximately 19% (based on 2018 statistics) are women - in the 1970s there were only 2 or 3%. Is it save to say there are more instances of rape or sexual assault amongst men bc they comprise of about 80% of the military?

Yeah. So I do see a real problem in the military- also, is it safe to say that military and civilian life in regards to that topic is different?

I read this article in the New York Times: roughly 100,000 reported rapes in the US military, and 10,000 men are raped per year and 10,000 women as well (women are 7x more likely to get raped despite being only 20% of the military).

But, the shame and silence surrounding men are real on this topic. Cruel and painful. Thanks for the lesson! I'll read more about it.

Source:
    https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/demographics-us-military

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/09/10/us/men-military-sexual-assault.html

• As a man I am painfully aware of what other men have done/said to women on CC and other dating sites.
    I am always careful, even when messaging someone about a session. I've always felt that bad men make the good ones look bad. Its not profiling, its common sense. The world is crazy and we all need to be careful. From a dating perspective, I've heard some horror stories that women have had to live through that make me sick to my stomach and even afraid to ask a lady out for fear of what she's gone through from other men making her afraid when I approach her.
    All things considered, the best we can do is our best. We need to be lights in a dark world. I hope things get better :)

• edited December 2022

My guess is that demand for sex work is way higher than demand for platonic cuddling, and people see this site like Vine-Glo during Prohibition, which was a brick of concentrated grape juice that had a "warning" on the label that said "After dissolving the brick in a gallon of water, do not place the liquid in a jug away in the cupboard for twenty days, because then it would turn into wine."

It's unfortunate, but all I can do is continue to honor the rules of the site to the best of my ability, which I do.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vine-Glo

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

This thread is so dangerous.

• My first two sessions were with creepy men that had good karma, both forceful and not following any rules. Having to say stop and still being pinned down is ridiculous. Groped, kissed.. why are they getting good Karma and why are they still on this site? Why is reporting not anonymous? Why is it difficult to just be respectful?

• @KatCuddles77 - Karma is useless. People either leave 5 star or they don't leave anything. Rarely will they leave negative karma in fear of retaliation. Being forcefully pinned down when telling them to stop sounds like criminal assault. Call the police.

• @Mike403 I just left. It was pointless, plus the basis of this site, though genuine for some, would have made me look like a sex worker (nothing against individuals who are).. it just happens to be illegal and well, I'm not one to risk anything. I took the money and left and thats it.. Karma may be useless but it makes me wonder what these women are doing and why they are leaving karma.. I refuse to leave any for anyone who isn't respectful.

• @KatCuddles77 ... ok I felt sick reading this. I'm so sorry this happened to you

• @TruePower I am too. It is very hard to judge a person apparently. Their true nature showed after a little bit and it was very startling. I'm lucky nothing extreme happened to me. But the way they were with me, means they've been that way with others and will continue to do so.

• @KatCuddles77 - Too many horny men who don't know what consent is nor where to find the appropriate places to find what they're looking for. Women here may need to start carrying mace, a taser, and a shotgun.

• @KatCuddles77 I'm sorry this happened to you. I wish there were better accountability systems in place that could adequately filter for this.

• @zerocantaloupe there definitely should be some way to handle it but i do not see that happening.. I'm just very wary. I also make sure someone knows where I am no matter what and I do not do private residences..

• @Gibstack

There are men who do and say inappropriate things on this site but I'm not sure if it is most. Admittedly, I haven't read all the answers because it's five pages long so it may have been answered already. But if it's solely based on what you see on the threads, I believe a minority of the professionals write on them so it may not give an accurate depiction of the situation. Also, there is a saying: there are three sides to a story. My side, your side, and somewhere in the middle there is the truth. It may be most men, but I was curious how you came to that conclusion. If it was answered already that's fine. Cheers.

• @August1 If I kick someone in the shin and deny it, did I half-kick their shin?

• @zerocantaloupe

I get it- you answered a question with a question. You did not give an intelligent answer or an answer at all. I have no idea how that question relates to my question and don't care to know. Cheers.

• As a woman I wouldn't say most men I would say most people do stupid things because people are stupid generally now men on this side do weird things they think sometimes that cuddling means dating they think sometimes that they can try to push on more or want more things that are outside of cuddling but women on this website also do some strange things from what I hear meaning sexual offering additional services besides cuddling such as the quote unquote girlfriend experience there are a few select group of people who turn the cuddling into a perverted things I see nothing wrong with se🚫 work but it makes professionals who are offering wholesome platonic cuddling run into issues so I don't think it's ok too single people out and make statements like this you get everybody upset and in a uproar because you're generalizing a specific group and that's not cool