What is the nerdiest thing you've done?

1235»

Comments

• I explained how a mobile hotspot works to William Shatner

• @softkate I hope your song is blacker than the blackest black times infinity.

• @hey_nikky I had about 1000 CDs at one point. Starting in the mid 90s I have had an Excel db to track the CDs, track listings, run time, etc. My only regret is physical copies of music are becoming obsolete and I don’t add to the database anymore. Some days I also miss my job as an analyst.

• edited January 13

Lol! Well recently (elsewhere NOT HERE on Cuddle Comfort) I was called a "nerd" 🤓 as an insulting retort...😁😆

Just because I shared MY boundaries for hooking up (again this happened on another site NOT here on Cuddle Comfort) and for politely rejecting this guy that I connected with.😊

Dude complained that my boundaries were "too much" which raises a red flag 🚩 alert for me, I take MY boundaries (regardless of said site that I am active on) very seriously. 😬😌

Apparently he didn't...So!🤷‍♀️

Lol!😆 So I politely rejected him and wished him well, he in turn calls me a "nerd" cuz butthurt is still a thing.🤪😜😝

Lol! So I reckon that will be the "nerdiest thing" that I have ever done, without even realizing it even was even NERD-RELATED to begin with.😆😄😆

• edited January 14

@Katota It honestly breaks my brain to think that communicating boundaries could be considered "nerd things." It sounds like you dodged a .50 caliber silver bullet with from that weirdo!

Personally, I've spent the last two weeks learning swift to program an iPhone app to search the FDA's medical device classification database, mainly because their official search engine sucks. Now that I've typed that out and read it to myself I realize I might be terminally nerdy.

• Hmmm nerdiest lately ? 🧐.

I was looking at all the success of these profiles that just joined CC this year and I’m like wow ! …

and then I realized it’s 2024 not 2023 anymore 😂

• Very cool thread, I see many fellow anime enthusiasts and video/ table-top gamers :D

My nerdy sides are :

• since 10+ years, participating yearly to the International mathematics and logic games championship. I always try to get friends to participate along but no one sticks 😅. Somehow managed to get about middle ranked during the finals once but never reached them again. Love it !
    • Puzzles and brain teasers, mostly metal ones like Hanayama cast series and other more premium artisanal ones but also games like Trees and Tents, Hashi and sometimes Sudoku.
    • Started learning p5.js for creative coding but my motivation faded 😅. I love this side of art, literal computer art not digital painting but algorithmic drawings ! check out Aleksandra Jovanic on Instagram
    • Love helping to solve small computer issues and creating custom spreadsheets for people (and then fixing them, multiple times)
    • listening to podcasts. I love it while working (manual job) to keep me entertained and focused, sometimes help me stay awake too 😅. Don't seems nerdy to me but I know only three people that listens to some too.
  • @KPSM Lol! 😄

Hilarious isn't it?

If having boundaries and safety precautions makes me nerdy...Well then cuddle me close and call me "Steve Urkle".🤓😜

Katota giggles while doing 'The Urkle Dance'

😆💃😁🕺😄

• I got to audition for Jeopardy before Alex Trebek died. It was so cool to be in a room with so many smart people SvS actually get to play the game. I killed on Bill Murray movies and words that ended in -ize. Sadly, I wasn’t selected for the live show, but was an awesome experience. 🤓

• HA! Speaking of The Urkle Dance...😆😄

• My bad! 😆

I got it this time: Urkle Dance! 😄

• edited January 26

@natickben

one of my besties is a big voice actress. He directed her when she was 16 on an episode of a television show. He came into the green room where she and I were hanging out , took a look at her and said “If you think she’s hot now, you should have seen her when she was 16”

Oof yikes

I hate knowing that I would just stand there and laugh awkwardly while yelling “omg” on her behalf in my head. I wish I had the confidence to call people out in the moment…

• Spent a year teaching myself to write in both print and cursive by writing out Ovid's work and then writing out the translation too, lol.

• [Deleted User]ByeThankYouAll (deleted user)
    edited January 27

Hey 👋 My 1st ever bf used to cuddle me and read comic books and translated them to me line by line, while I was looking at the drawings 📸 I think that was perhaps nerdy, but was certainly most relaxing 🤓😊🌄🫂🌎✍️

• [Deleted User]ByeThankYouAll (deleted user)
    edited January 29

Actually, now I thought about it, the Most Nerdy thing I ever done was, chatting, "dancing, swimming 🏊‍♂️ " via my avatar on Utherverse with my online friends, while my RL boyfriend was waiting for me in to socialize with him... 🙈🙉🙊