Dangerous situations

Comments

• Whoo the large fonts are raising the temps in here 😂

• I know this was further up in the thread but i think what @bjc suggested was about mental self preservation. There's a difference in suggesting leaving for mental well being and saying leave the site because we don't like you.

I think never buying a gun is great advice, i think if you feel the need to have a gun when you cuddle you shouldn't cuddle. If you get to the point you feel you need a gun to cuddle someone you don't know you shouldn't be on the site.

This isn't an indictment on any one and how they choose to carry themselves, but if asked for my input it's what I'd say.

I doubt the OP really feels the need to stop cuddling, and was just sharing feelings and experiences, so it probably doesn't apply but that's i how i received the comment made.

• @cuddlefaery, I agree with you 100%. However: you are conveniently ignoring timely editing/manipulating
    Not to mention that you are now admitting to something you are argued against in the past (if my memory serves me right) and that you know as good as anyone that a woman can look sexually attractive even when fully clothed from neck to tow.

• edited February 24

Yea no, we aren't gonna be doing this today. See you in a few days [netrunner]

• edited February 24

Same goes for you, see you in a few days [netrunner]

• I NXGKXKGDHK CAN'T STAND ANYBODY COMING TO A POST WHERE SOMEONE SHARED HER FRIGHTENING EXPERIENCE, AND CAME LOOKING FOR HELP, THEN HAVING A BUNCH OF MEN SUGGESTING SHE LEAVE, OR START LAUGHING AROUND AND MAKING HEDIOUS JOKES ON HER POST!

• Thanks to BashfulLoner for understanding the point I was making.

• @Lovelight Look lady, this man doesn't like me but I will be the first one to say here that he is not an idiot.
    I appreciate your passion here in the forums, but you are somewhat naive.
    and no my comments about pictures do not mean that I justify assault or harassment. but its ok I'm used to people here putting words in my mouth.

• @jplemmon

"Where are we going? I'm down"

I see you're a bit literal there. I think you're one of the last men I'd wanna go anywhere with. Though, thanks for asking?

• @Sooson I like you you. What are you talking about?

• @Lovelight he's not worth it. Not worth falling for his bait nor giving him any of your time and energy when he decides to troll.

@Sooson I am not ignoring "timely editing", by any means. If men truly had purely platonic intent and would cuddle anyone regardless of whom they found physically attractive, then there would be zero incentive for pros to post photos of themselves engineered to attract non-platonic attention, full stop.

I am not sure what you mean by "admitting to something [I] argued against in the past"?

• @Sooson

"Look lady, this man doesn't like me but I will be the first one to say here that he is not an idiot."

"Look lady" to you too, it's none of my business whether or not he likes you. Secondly, I ain't said he's an idiot. I said his behavior is.

"I appreciate your passion here in the forums, but you are somewhat naive.
    and no my comments about pictures do not mean that I justify assault or harassment. but its ok I'm used to people here putting words in my mouth."

Thank you... I ain't put nothing in your mouth. I see a bunch of men suggesting the OP leave, and others commenting this and that being fun, with laughing emojis around. That is disgusting and immature considering the matter at hand. Someone was in distress and made a post to seek support.

Not to be suggested she leave in response or her post have jokes cracked on.

• @cuddlefaery "he's not worth it. Not worth falling for his bait nor giving him any of your time and energy when he decides to troll."

Thank you, you're absolutely right. Though, I needed to say a thing or two. 🤗

• @Lovelight I completely understand. I'm not exactly one to hold my tongue, either 😅 I just know how hard it can be to walk away sometimes.

• Loving it. Keep it coming.

• edited February 24

I think I’m the only one being attacked 😂. Emotion control people

• @jplemmon ok!! taking my comment back.

• "Look lady" to you too! Is hilarious i hope to see that more often.

• @cuddlefaery

"I completely understand. I'm not exactly one to hold my tongue, either 😅 I just know how hard it can be to walk away sometimes."

I appreciate it! No worries, by the way, I'm pretty good at both dealing with things, and knowing when something or someone is either a lost cause, or someone else's, such as themselves', problem. 😊

• I had such a glorious poops today it was exhilarating

• @pmvines nothing like a morning interjection of poops 😂

• @pmvines i thought you might be a little backed up … cheers

• @Vocalist100 - Thank you.
    The first 20 years or so that I carried, I was confident in my ability to consistently hit what I am aiming at but I had never fully thought through all the other issues about the exact threshold at which use of force is justified. It is a judgment call that is influenced by many factors (your size, age, physical state, the size of the aggressor, location, knowledge or lack of knowledge about the aggressor, events leading up to the situation, etc.).

Since then I have taken a lot more training including training in live fire houses and one on one training against an instructor using .38 caliber simunition rounds. There is no substitute for actually being placed in a simulated environment where you are being pursued / harassed / attacked and you have to make life altering decisions under stress then receive feedback from qualified instructors about what you did right and what you should have done different.

I always cringe a bit when I hear anyone suggest someone else just, “get a gun”.

• I always cringe a bit when I hear anyone suggest someone else just, “get a gun”.

True. Until they actually kill somebody we don’t even know if that person will be effective with a gun. Practice people!

• edited February 24

"The canvas for misogyny is a woman's body."

• @lesmis33 Awfully narrow analogy of misogyny. One can write a misogynist book and never come within a mile of a body. I would say being a female is the canvas. The physical body is only a small part of what makes a woman a woman. But then again, I am no expert on misogyny being that I am not a misogynist.

• edited February 24

@BoomerSpooner I'd say a canvas is an apt metaphor, as all the other nuances and contexts are the paints, the brushes, the easel, the lighting, the gallery, etc. But it all plays out upon the canvas/body to be displayed to the world for judgement.

• @BoomerSpooner It's a quote whose originator I failed to find. It is in reference to how a lot of patriarchal societies dictate what a woman can/can not wear and the amount of enforcement over said women's fashion usually signifies how misogynistic a society is. The author who the quote belongs to was from Saudi Arabia and the discussion that I am recalling was around burqa enforcement. The quote came to me as I was reading this post.

However, I do recognize that the literal implementation of misogyny can be manifested in several ways outside of paint and a woman's body.

• edited February 24

@cuddlefaery Like I said I am not a misogynist so what do I know. But what need is there of a female body if someone uses their words to attack women in the non-corporal sense? Is that more like a sculpture and without need of a canvas?

Who knew that women and art supplies were so intrinsically linked.

The core of misogyny is not the female body…it is power. Always has been. The body is just a convenient place for a misogynist to train on. The dressing of a woman in certain cultures is a form of power. Power is at the root of most behaviors good and bad. Violent people lash out because at the end of the day, they feel powerless.

• @cuddlefaery you understand! Thank you! :3