Yab Yum Position

Comments

• @ILikeWarmHugs such a comforting position when you do it with the right people!!

• [Deleted User]BigBear4Cuddles (deleted user)

Need to try this! Looks great!

• If I was in this position I would be tempted to say something stupid like "This one time at band camp " lol!!!

• I’ve done a similar cuddling position that doesn’t have your legs crossed but they’re stretched out behind the partner’s!

• edited August 2020

That would make me want to kiss. So no...not allowed. : ) For me I mean.

• Can I just express my love for the phrase "pop boners"? Thank you @DeathbyChocolat.

• [Deleted User]APV (deleted user)

I’d love to try this with another enthusiast in my area😎💛

• @AceCuddlerMike and @DeathbyChocolat Awesome 😎 keeping it real statements!!! Hahaha! I have done this position before and stayed within the platonic rules of the site. This position feels best when the two people are honest about thier intentions, trust each other and have much self control!😁🤗

• @Fishcuddles I could be trusted. And I'd have control. I just wouldn't enjoy teasing myself. It's like this diet I'm on. I not driving over to the Taco Bell parking lot to eat my kale. : |

• I just prefer laying down to sitting up I think I'm a bit lazy for this

• @AceCuddlerMike Hi man, just to make sure I am clear, was speaking in general and also similar to what pros tell me. It definitely is nothing personal about and don’t even know you (excellent honest point in your post about the position though). I also agree with you. As people and cuddlers we must be careful not too overly tempt ourselves. If I was on a diet Taco 🌮 Bell would tempt me too. Or if I gave up sugar, going to a candy store would not be smart. My belief is that we as humans can all be tempted but must be careful if a situation correlates, to a possible stumble (or personal area of weakens, which can vary by definition from person to person). @pmvines good point about laying down to cuddle! Lol

• @FishCuddles Oh I know it wasn't personal, you just gave me a chance to have some fun.

• This one seems like it's meant for the Pilates and Yoga crowd ~ For those who are at least semi-proficient at "engaging their core".
    🧘‍♀️🧘‍♂️ = 👍

I'd = 🥴
    & within seconds would be tipping us over => 🤕🤕

• @AceCuddlerMike Great 👍🏿 I am definitely a believer in fun and humor, life is too short. @quixotic_life Another good point. No tipping over! Lol I hope that you have strong cuddles buddies for support! Hahaha!!!😁

• For those of us with bellies, seems we would be bouncing each other away

• Lol @pmvines !

Great visual ~

Like the old yoga ball challenge videos...

https://imgur.com/a/eX82N2y

• @quixotic_life if you tipped over you could still hold the position. That would just be yab fun. Lol

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

Great position for meditative and silent cuddles.

• edited January 2021

This is not a cuddle position. This picture and position is from a tantric sex article. https://consciouslifenews.com/7-tantric-sex-positions-for-better-sex/11106716/

• Yab yum has got to be one of my favorite cuddle positions. It's very comforting. I could stay in that position for hours.

• [Deleted User]CuddleMeLater (deleted user)

@May4Cuddle

This is not a cuddle position. This picture and position is from a tantric sex article.

Hmm, that's odd, I was under the impression I had cuddled in this position many times, but I now know I was actually having sex (despite being clothed), because... well... it's not a cuddle position!

• @May4Cuddle with the greatest respect, there is simply no such thing as "not a cuddle position". Cuddling is about what you are doing, not where your arms and legs are.

It's a stock photo by the way. That tantric article is only one of several that have used it.

Whether any particular person is comfortable doing any particular position is absolutely a matter for them, and you may not be comfortable cuddling in this position with clients or at all. I know several people who love cuddling me who would not do the yab yum with me: others would love to. I used to sit like that sometimes with one of my neices. She was small enough then almost to use my legs as a back support.

Having used the position for both purposes, I can say that I find it more satisfactory for cuddling. The exact positions are of course different, but that difference is too small to be seen in a general photo.

• Tantra teacher Caroline Muir says that If Tantra was a lake, one cup of that water would be the sexual part of it. Too many people focus on that. And sexual energy can be redirected/transmuted for other purposes, such as healing.

• @GentleMan1111 " If Tantra was a lake, one cup of that water would be the sexual part of it." That is beautiful!

• Tantra is so, SO much more than alot of people think it is. Most of my tantric practice has been solo and involves breathing. It's about connecting to the One Energy.

• [Deleted User]Chris55555 (deleted user)
    edited January 2021

This thread is the highlight of my day. And I am so glad you started it. I think this is a beautiful connective position. I would need to cuddle someone with an open communication style and tender heart in this way. I couldn’t just cuddle someone in this position that I didn’t know or trust.

• @CuddleMeLater comment of the year!!!! 😂

• I too am glad this has come up because I love YabYum and have been afraid that my intentions around it could be misconstrued. I have only got to experience it briefly a few times but even then it was Bliss.

• The word "yabyum" reminds me of a Seinfeld episode, with J. Peterman saying it in reference to opium or some such drug, as he recollected his misspent days in Southeast Asia.

• “White Lotus. Yam-yam. Shanghai-Sally.”