Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• @Sooson , should I thank you or AI for this? Lolol oh heck, THANKS!

• Hi All,

Has anybody ever felt uncomfortable asking cuddle pros who charge like 200 an hour and above what exactly do they offer in those sessions? They can't just be platonic cuddles alone because no one in their right frame of mind would quote that figure. Professional therapists who deal with psychological issues don't get that hourly pay, hell not even doctors get that much. Like how can one justify it? Don't come at me with the explanation that's it's their choice, and if you don't want to cuddle, you don't have to because I understand that. I'm just curious? Open to hearing some opinions about this, both from pros and others.

• There's already a thread regarding this discussion in the pro cuddling forum.

• edited June 2023

Prices are whatever the market will bear. If you're charging X and getting no business, you lower the price. The kind of pro you are asking about might prefer having a small number of clients rather than a large number who are paying less.

You also have to look at where these pros are. My experience has been more expensive pros are in major urban areas where everything is more expensive.

I don't want to jump to conclusions about what you are trying to imply, but unless you have proof of these pros offering more than platonic cuddles, suggesting it here will just get you slammed. Debates about pro pricing generally do not go over well.

• The price filter is your friend.

• Do people prefer cuddles in their home, or hotels, just asking because i do not want anyone in my home

• The OP is asking for a more direct discussion about how people feel when they see the prices and why pros feel it’s justifiable. I’m sure it will get shut down as a price complaint thread. The problem is that this discussion never really takes place because someone will give their remedial explanation of how economics works and then reports it as a price complaint thread. Maybe it’s worth having this more direct discussion?

• I adjust my price accordingly and also raise it when I’m working more hours at my full time job, to compensate for my time away from it with sessions.

• @jplemmon Since there is already a stickered thread about pricing, can't the discussion be held there?

• @Luxecuddle You have the option in your profile to say you only want to be a guest as opposed to hosting.

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

We are a free market capitalist society. Nobody has to justify what they charge for services provided. If they did I would like to hear how you justify the salaries of those who play professional sports, the cost of tickets to those games and to concerts, et al.
    As far as suggesting that non platonic services are bei g provided to justify the cost,
    there is a reporting process in place to deal with it.

• edited June 2023

@jplemmon there isn’t much more to it than economics. Pros aren’t commodities, each has their own individual personality and cuddle style. For some people what a pro offers is worth the price to go see them; for others it isn’t. The OP has made an insinuation that anyone charging $200 or more cannot be offering a platonic session, which I find incredibly presumptuous, and downright disrespectful. While that price isn’t in my own budget, I personally know several exemplary pros who charge that and offer nothing but a genuine platonic experience. They have other jobs, this is a side gig for them, and if they get the occasional client who is willing to pay their fee they are content with just that level of side income.

• I think $200 an hour is ridiculous and would never pay it. I generally just pass those pros up and don’t even bother.

• @Mman You have shattered my childhood illusions! You mean athletes and entertainers do it for money?

• edited June 2023

@RadiantHugs The OP is specifically not asking for the standard supply/demand response. Everyone knows it, let's not be Capt Obvious. I'll admit the assumption of non-platonic services is not fair but, other than that, he is just looking for the viewpoints from both sides.

• I feel bad for moderators bc they JUST posted about pricing posts.

• Can we just have another boner thread please

• I think it's fair to wonder if there are "extras" happening with pros who charge more per hour. I don't know if there's a direct correlation; I think sexual services happen between pros and clients at all price points, and some pros may quote a lower hourly price and then provide a "menu" of extra services for extra money.

Sometimes, I think a higher hourly rate is reflective of the city the pro lives in (some cities are more expensive than others!). I also tend to see higher prices from pros who host in their own space. There's a cost to providing, cleaning, preparing, etc. a space for cuddling. And, sometimes I think pros use higher prices to "weed out" the cheapskates or the people not committed to the cuddling experience.

On an hourly basis, doctors certainly make the equivalent of $200/hour -- but no one gets to spend an hour with their doctor! Therapists don't charge that much, it's true; but a therapist isn't getting into such a vulnerable position with their clients. The best cuddlers provide physical and psychological comfort simultaneously.

I will admit -- I've never paid $200/hour for a cuddler, and my current budget wouldn't really allow for that. But if had the money, and wanted to see the person (or had seen her before and her rates went up in the interim)? I wouldn't necessarily let price be the deciding factor.

• edited June 2023

Professional therapists who deal with psychological issues don't get that hourly pay, hell not even doctors get that much

Not really true; in my area it's common for therapists to charge that much or more.

I do find very high priced cuddlers an interesting phenomenon. If you live in an area with many pro cuddlers, and you scroll through and see many of them in the $80-$120 range, and then a couple priced $200 or more... I cannot imagine why anyone would ever book the $200 ones. Especially because they never have anything in their profile to distinguish themselves or make it understandable why their $200 cuddle is better than someone else's $80 cuddle.

That said, "fair and justifiable" is not really a concept that applies here. People charge what they want. If clients will not pay a cuddler's price, well then that cuddler won't make any money. If clients will pay that price, well then how can you blame the cuddler for charging it? If you were in business, would you charge dramatically less than people will pay?

• edited June 2023

You can call it a discussion all you want but the fact that it is couched in terms of is it”fair and justifiable” is a complaint from the start. If everyone thinks a price is unfair, no one will book that person and eventually the pro will quit or lower prices. Pretty simple. The fact that two people say it is unfair and two people don’t just means that one group needs to shop around and one group doesn’t. That’s life. I don’t walk onto a Lamborghini lot asking to have a discussion about their unfair pricing. I just know that car isn’t in my financial wheelhouse.

• These types posts are redundant and boring. The OPs always guise their desire to complain as wanting to debate an unsolvable topic. OP literally discredited the resolutions (free will to choose prices and avoiding high priced pros) because they just want to vent and feel validated. Zzzzzzzz

• edited June 2023

This thread likely will be moved, as there's many complaints about this.

CC says the average price here is $80/hour, which means roughly half of professionals charge below and half charge above it. $200 is higher, but we live in a capitalistic society. If you agree to be professional on CC, you are essentially a contractor who can charge whatever you seem fit. You, the customer, then decide what rates you can afford and/or think is reasonable.

My rate is higher than the average $80/hr, because:

• a) Time is finite and precious to me. I don't have a lot of free time. To make CC worthwhile for me, I have to hit a certain margin per hour, which I have decided is x amount. I do this as a side gig. It is not my main source of income.
    • b) I prefer having a small number of clients rather than a large number who are paying less, since my free time = valuable for me. I have hobbies, relationships, and other aspects of life to live.
    • c) A higher rate helps to weed out (but doesn't fully prevent) some folks who are not serious about booking.
    • d) I live in an urban area with a higher cost of living. CC also takes a percentage from the total, so my rate take these factors into account.

Has anybody ever felt uncomfortable asking cuddle pros who charge like 200 an hour and above what exactly do they offer in those sessions?

As for your direct question, just ask the professional on CC what the session entails, even though I think you could improve on your wording. It is advised to keep communication on CC as moderators can directly investigate if needed. If anything else is being offered, which I feel you are insinuating sexual acts, then professional gets banned.

• I just came here to say my sessions should be 200hr.... bet! 🙌😁
    Mainly joking, but kinda serious. 😅
    I'm a cuddleconnoisseur and I'm good at what I do. I definitely put my all into my clients as for affection, energy, love, and mindfulness. I can legit feel stress/tension/worry melt away and leave their body. It's pretty magical, that's why I'm here though! 💫🤗

Happy Cuddling! ✨️

• edited June 2023

@BoomerSpooner

I don’t walk onto a Lamborghini lot asking to have a discussion about their unfair pricing.

So overall I agree with your point and in fact we kind of posted similar remarks at the same time. However there is a difference with cuddle pricing vs car pricing which is what makes this an interesting phenomenon to me, and I think is why the topic keeps coming up. A Lamborghini is clearly a different kind of car from a Honda Accord, and it's not hard to understand why it's more expensive. But if one dealer were charging $30,000 for a Honda Accord and another across the street was charging $80,000 for an almost identical car... wouldn't you wonder what in the world was going on? Not that it's illegal or immoral, but wouldn't it just be weird?

• edited June 2023

Looks like you spend a lot of time worrying about what is offered for these $200 hr sessions. Maybe you should just ask them since you're so "curious" . Would it be rude? Yes, but you'd probably get your answer and wouldn't be clogging up the forums with another post about what pros charge and why.

If you spent a little more time perusing the forums and less time clutching your pearls over a rate you can't afford , you would have found the mothership of why do pros charge xyz.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/4600/why-is-there-such-a-disparity-in-price-price-mega-thread#latest

• I had a prostitute PM me on telegram asking if I would want her service. Out of curiosity, I asked how much she said £250 I said what about just a cuddle for an hour fully clothed and she said £70. So if you shop around you can get some real bargains lol I obviously blocked her after that.

• But if one dealer were charging $30,000 for a Honda Accord and another across the street was charging $80,000 for an almost identical car... wouldn't you wonder what in the world was going on? Not that it's illegal or immoral, but wouldn't it just be weird?

I get your point and it is a fair one but I still wouldn’t have a discussion about it. I would just buy the $30,000 care and be done with it.

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

@BoomerSpooner How dare you post a logical explanation. This needs to be discussed at great lengths in order to come up with the same resolution as all the other threads on this topic.

• One advantage to the pros charging and the site taking a cut is that it also means that enthusiasts can be here for free. On most other systems I've seen, this isn't so. If having high priced pros on here is the price for the chance to find an enthusiast who loves to cuddle as much as I do, it's probably worth it especially since there is no requirement to patronize expensive pros.

• edited June 2023

There are actually some very thoughtful responses to this question. And, then, the typical responses made by the exact same people over and over and over again. Sigh.

Reported and reviewed. Removed a self-censored word. [Charlie_Bear]