Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• I think your assumption is probably correct. I don't think it's anything to lament however. They probably care more about the quick cash instead of building their client base, getting support, and then maybe increasing rates.

• The price filter is your friend. I use it all the time. There are several people who are within your price range.

• Ramone - it's not just Texas, as you suggest. It's common in other states as well. I've seen the same trend. There are actually two trends: 1)..over the past several years, the rates have risen, 2)..Newbies who join the site, want to start around $100, but quickly move to $120-150/hr -- most with no experience. I agree with your sentiment and the response of the others in this thread. Some are strictly here for the money, not to help others via cuddling. Sadly, this happens in every industry. In my opinion, you just have to give the newbies time to see how they fare. If they're strictly here for money, it will eventually reflect in the karma, or lack thereof. Just my $0.02.

• We could strike...... i guess

• I appreciate the responses everyone and interaction with the post itself for those who did. Just to reiterate this was just getting something off my chest and a venting fashion I know it's essentially the way the industry works It just sucks

• edited October 2023

They are too high! Pros have 2 hour minimum limits, don’t drive, so you pay their inflated Uber fee, or if they host, they charge a $50 “hosting” fee. It’s really out of hand. The solution… don’t pay em. Negotiate or finder cheaper ones. Remember, you pay for the lights around here.

• Yay my favorite thread of all time has new posts !! 🤗🤗🤗 it really is one of my favorite things …cue the music 🎶

• It’s the market that drives prices. It’s still a relatively niche market and there only a very few sites that host and promote cuddlers.

Do I personally think that cuddling should be more expensive than a professional (accredited and licensed) message therapist, for example? No. But I support the right to charge as they wish.

If there were more cuddlers in my area, I’d try signing up as a pro male cuddler and offer a much lower rate. It just doesn’t seem like there’s demand and the flat monthly rate worries me. If I don’t get any clients, then I’m literally losing money AND not getting cuddles lol

• [Deleted User]Miles93 (deleted user)
    edited October 2023

I found a new enthusiast in Tampa this morning, so I messaged her and asked her if she was interested in cuddling, but I didn't get a response. Then, moments later I noticed her profile was paused. A few hours afterward, I checked her profile again and now she's a pro and charging $175/hr. Okay, so her price is ridiculously high, not worth it, and I'll never pay a dime to anyone for a mutual activity such as cuddling where both parties benefit from simultaneously. But I'm not here to talk about that. Clearly, her intention wasn't to sign up here to look for mutual cuddling as I did eleven months ago, but to fill out a job application and make money. This is a negative aspect I find about CC. The fact you can sign up for an account and then immediately fill out a pro application on the same day, with full intention to solely use this platform as a side hustle. Is this what Mark envisioned? I know he previously said this site values female enthusiasts. Well, look, man, you're not getting them. The ratio of female pros to female enthusiasts is more than likely 8:1 at this point, and it'll keep getting worst. Also, can we change this from the Pro page?
    "Typically, you'll pay around $80/hour for a professional cuddler."
    Not anymore. Prices are elevated above that. At least on this site, the average and median price has to be greater than $100/hr by now.

• @Miles93 - If you just message a female enthusiast and ask to cuddle, you're probably the 100th guy this week alone who did that. You have to find a way to stand out in some way.

• 😳… yeah ! And all you female enthusiasts.. cmon ! J/K😂

• @OhioMike Oh, this is so funny, lol. I have wondered how some guys think we can suss out whether they are safe from just a sentence or two from them.

• @achetocuddle 😊💛! you're right on! this favorite thread of mine is karma 101. I'm reminded of our good friend @JoyfulHeart who calmly reminds us when we post on these threads ....it's a form of written karma! 👍

• edited November 2023

I was traveling out of state a few weeks ago and found a profile with a fee of $500 per hour. Is this normal? I’ve had wonderful healing sessions in the last few years and none were ever more than about $125.

Merged from "High Fees" thread. [CharlieBear]

• edited November 2023

Wow, that’s wild! I’m really curious to know what they were offering to charge such a rate. Did you end up booking with that pro?

• edited November 2023

Hello, No-the provider had no karma and I didn’t get the healing “vibe” from what I read.

• edited November 2023

I could see someone whose free time is quite limited putting that as their hourly rate. I mean if I were a pro and someone was willing/able to pay that (and actually pass my screening) I'd be pretty motivated to make time for that person.

• edited November 2023

Cuddles on here used to be 60-80 an hour. Now the "average" price seems to be 100 an hour (some asking for more). Many are now adding travel fees for anything over 20 or 30 minutes and it is pricing me out of cuddling. Just had a person who is around an hour from me want 200 in travels fees besides cuddling fee (300 total for a 1 hr cuddle). I would drive to them but most of them don't host. So travel fees end of being more or as much as the actual cuddle fee. I'm self employed and sometimes have to travel near an hour for a job. I would never have any work asking for travel fees (especially that amount). I know the arguments....you don't have to book them. And I don't. Sad because most of the cuddlers in my area are 30 to 60 minutes away (and don't host).

Merged from “Travel fees” thread. [CharlieBear]

• @Warmhugs22 I feel you, though that cuddler may just have decided they only want the local cuddles as a way to earn supplemental income. To travel might mean they probably need to take off from work and as such have to replace that income. Few people can do this work full time and keep their schedule full enough to make a living.
    FWIW when I started seeing a pro I had to drive two hours each way just to see one. This site didn’t exist then (at least not in a way where one could rely on it, pros just weren’t allowed here.) I made up for it by doing somewhat longer sessions and by combining the visit to her city with other fun travel activities to do after or before the sessions.

• If they don't host they can pay their own travel fees warmhug. You're saying this person wants more for travel fees than for sessions

• @Warmhugs22 I am sorry you are getting priced out of pro cuddles in your area. I know for myself, I often won’t travel an hour for a one hour cuddle. I charge nominal travel fees, which are generally negotiable but tend to cover mostly just gas and mileage, so that might be a thing to ask your cuddlers - is their travel fee negotiable? Is the fee negotiable if you book a longer session? I will say (and I know it’s been said before on this thread) that a lot of back-end time and expense goes into pro cuddling. My fee is $90 - let’s say there was no travel fees and I needed to travel 1 hour for a 1 hour session. It takes me 1 hour to get ready for a cuddle (so I can come clean and fresh). I’ve already divided my fee by 4 hours now, so I’m technically making $22.50/hr. I still have to subtract the money spent for gas and anything I’ve used in prep to get ready for the cuddle. I don’t cuddle for a full time job (and I so wish I didn’t need the extra funds to survive so I COULD offer cuddles and care to those who need it) so I am giving up my free time and time with my kids. It’s a second job. A delightful one, but a second job nonetheless. I hope this has given you a peek into why fees are higher nowadays - gosh, just the cost of living is higher in general these days. I know it doesn’t take away the problem for you, and I am sorry that you don’t have cuddlers that live closer!

• @Rocket_Man that is correct.

@compassionNcare Thanks for your reply. I do understand prep and gas cost as I am self employed and have the same elements with my business. To me, travel time and gas cost just go with the territory of being self employed. In this last cuddle case she was not willing to negotiate travel fees. And when the travel fees are as much (or in this case twice the amount) of a cuddle session it's prices me out. With that being said, I don't mind helping someone out with gas cost if they are over 30 minutes away and their cuddle fee is not extreme.

• edited November 2023

Folks I get times are rough, we all have to get the bacon one way or another , and everyone has a different view of their worth , but when I see $200 / hour cuddling prices all that makes me think is a woman that is just interested in finessing cash out of me

Merged from “ Outrageous Cuddling prices” thread. [CharlieBear]

• edited November 2023

Wow that was quick !

• edited November 2023

🍿

• edited November 2023

Oh boy. Another one of these threads. Pick a different pro.

• edited November 2023

@OhioMike ?

• edited November 2023

@Mike403 ?

• How are the session rates generally set? From what I've seen, they appear to range from 75-150. I have seen some WAY higher (rarely). Any thoughts?

• Hello,

Thanks for the info.