Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• edited February 5

@Warmhugs22 - There is an entire megathread about prices in the professional cuddling section.

• This is a very complicated case, OP. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's…

• edited February 5

Oh you’re totally right, cuddlers offering a service should be willing to give up money if they’re not offering the service you’re looking for. 🙄

Edit: I’m to sarcastic for my own good sometimes, but one of things I like most about CC is respect seems to be a central pillar.

• edited February 5

Is because...
    Pro Cuddlers can charge what ever they want. If they want to charge to view other people profile, or if they want to charge just to dm them. Or off topic but iff they want to charge a Gazillion amount of money per hour for cuddle thats up to them.
    That's their right.

• I’m going to start charging to read posts complaining about what someone else charges.

• We now live in a time where asking a simple question or seeking informational clarity is seen as a personal attack. A smart and savvy business professional does market research and is open to constructive criticism and feedback. But this hypersensitive and generation has a hard time hearing anything that isn't cheerleading.

• Oh my poops

• Hey I wonder if the co - parenting forums in UK has one of these I don’t host threads …🤔

• edited February 6

In California where over 30 miles can mean hours, I charge a travel fee.
    It’s my time commuting to deliver Sunshine ☀️ and I also host.
    I host in my home and hotels 🏨.
    If I host in a hotel, there is a partial room comp. Some Pros have many appointments and some only have a few or one.
    As we are all adults on here, the extra fee and parking fee, tolls ect & if any are discussed before the cuddle sesh in intake call.

If you’re feeling it’s out of your cuddle 🤗 appointed budget range; by all means there are other Pros or free enthusiasts.

I’d never ask a client what they earn at their job and then blog on their companies website campaigning that they earn to much especially when traveling and should be paid less because it’s how I “feel”.

Once trust and a foundation is established; I work with repeat clients for subscription service or lesser fees/ session fees.

And if trust cannot be established to cuddle in my home; it is not offered because something is not right or does not seem easy/ safe for me. Most respect my boundaries on this.

When I travel for work ; my room is MY place to decompress so I won’t cuddle there with new clients as it is my “home away from home” and I like to feel safe in an non compromised space.

We all have bills AND jobs.

Some of us love and adore connection and cuddling and offer intimacy, grounding connections and TLC cuddles 🥰.

Nothing worthwhile was ever “easy”. Pick your cuddle journey whether it’s an enthusiast or Pro.

One of the main diffs here is the underlying concept that Pros are the devils for trading connection, companionship and cuddling for money.

Devil ‘s in the details. It’s how you conditioned your response & to react and decline to those out of cuddle budget sessions for you.

• A smart and savvy business professional does market research and is open to constructive criticism and feedback. But this hypersensitive and generation has a hard time hearing anything that isn't cheerleading.

Here is some feedback on your post. Read your last sentence aloud and tell us if it sounds right and makes sense? Some words shouldn’t be used if you don’t know which form to use or how to use the word properly. Just some friendly constructive criticism.

• I don't see any constructive criticism. Just whining about prices.

• "But if you cannot or will not host, why should the consumer be asked to pay a travel fee in addition to the cuddle fee if distance is within reason (maybe 1 hr or less)."

So you want pro cuddlers to travel to you for free and pay from their own pocket?

Interesting...

• They're free to charge, you're free to use or not use their services and it seems like you are exercising your right as you have declined some. Broadly it's what they think their service is worth and beyond that doesn't need questioning.

• Well, you see, the way this works is the seller has the power to price their service the way they want and the buyer has the power to buy from who they want.

You can exercise your power as a buyer by refusing to buy something. If enough people refuse to buy something the seller will either have to change adjust their way of selling or shut down their service. Which would indicate a decrease in overall price of the market.

If enough people buy something then the seller can exercise their own power to take advantage of the demand and increase their prices.

We call this "supply and demand'

From another perspective: This would be the same as a pro cuddler getting upset with the people here for not buying their service.

• [Deleted User]jms17todd (deleted user)

@Ryon55 thank you. I'm pretty new to this site and I'm so disheartened by the sarcasm and disrespect. Add to that the awkward conversations I've had already and I'm beginning to think this isn't any better a platform than the last dating site I was on.

• @Warmhugs22 its because the can and someone will pay. For those who do not pay, they get very i frequent cuddles on the site. I know money spoils everything but dont let it bother you if you dont want to pay the extra cost, just dont. They won't know the difference because they will not know you do t want to pay, unless you say it in the forums.

I understand you won't know until you ask, but you won't find satisfaction. They charge because they can people pay because they can. There isn't much of a sliding scale based on income ( i actually think i read someone offer a sliding scale once). But there is no obligation to anyone getting cuddled by joining the site. Just like there isn't an obligation for you to pay someone who charges more than you think they should.

@jms17todd i think you have the wrong idea of the site based on your comparison.

• @Ripley54566 All you said is true but that probably keeps many of those who are less financially capable out of the market. and those may be the ones who need a good cuddle session the most.
    @Warmhugs22 I have encountered some ridicules travel fee structures but that's what the NEXT button is for. on the other hand, some were quite reasonable.

• @pmvines ... "Hail hail to the good times... we're just living for today."
    (More AC/DC)

• @BashfulLoner I suspect @jms17todd may be referencing what has been going on in her DM inbox since she joined the site. and if that gives her the wrong idea then she must be misinterpreting what she reads in these messages.

"You shook me all night long" (More ACDC)

• [Deleted User]CuddlingCupid (deleted user)

More AC/DC!!!

• Giving an opinion is now telling someone how to run their business?? No feedback allowed? Thank you @Ryon55 and a few others for a sensible response. To those of you who left sarcastic remarks...keep paying those high prices! You're the reason the prices have skyrocketed over the last few years.

• edited February 6

@Warmhugs22 oh you can say what you want but there have been a million of these threads questioning the pricing of pros and many of the people who questioned their pricing structures and fees were banned or put into time out because it really isn’t allowed. I am surprised the thread hadn’t been shut down yet.

Bottom line: if you don’t like what they charge don’t hire them. Pretty simple and sarcasm free. And if you can’t afford it, then save up for a rainy day cuddle. In addition, if you use a bit more sugar and talk to the pros and say you have difficulty paying some will work with you on that.

• It's possible to avoid pros and focus on enthusiasts .
    Or maybe pros are more reliable?
    what does ac/dc stand for, alternating current direct current?
    Some people seem to easily get a lot of friends/karma that is positive five star .
    I wonder how?

• Some people seem to easily get a lot of friends/karma that is positive five star .

I have been in the site for six years. So yeah you accumulate karma and friends over time and mine is a mix of enthusiasts and pros.

• But surely some people are rejected by most or all people ?
    They get rejected by pros and enthusiasts .

• There is something to be said about the standard ego of man who thinks their problems and opinions are unique. You don't have to strenuously investigate to see this very subject has been broached several times on these forums with much of the same outcome. As I am perceiving a lack of effort was spent into researching OP's conundrum, I can only ratiocinate that OP isn't searching for a solution rather a podium. It really illuminates how we are communicative beasts who occasionally just want to express our frustrations, however misguided they may be.

Also, I apologize for the incoming pedantry, but in order for someone to give "consumer feedback," they have to be a consumer in the first place i.e. you have to purchase a good or service with no intention of resale. As far as I am aware, no cuddling was purchased so this thread is more just "general feedback." If we want to be more concise, we can call it "anecdotal market feedback."

• edited February 6

Everyone faces some rejection and I would not necessarily call it rejection in all cases. Some female enthusiasts are unable to get to all DMs, pros and enthusiasts alike ignore off-putting messages and will deactivate because of “creep burnout”, and some are picky.

But no one has 100% success because people are different. But you can control how you react. Do you get angry, depressed or whine and start threads complaining about your dilemma? Or do you change things up, reword messages or your profile, or include different pics with your DMs? The former reactions are unproductive and the latter are positive steps to success. But no one—enthusiast or pro—owes you a response or a cuddle.

• edited February 6

@lesmis33 Exactly. 👍

The reason the forum is here as well is because that there are pros and clients.

Period.

Pros have to pay a percentage or a flat rate to the site for all our bookings

……..in order for there to be a forum for people to voice their concerns or just have an outlet because they’re so stressed. 😫

Hence the greater need for companionship and cuddling.

They can’t communicate without drama/anger/disdain/or whatever underlying issue it is. Unaddressed.

Start with human kindness & communication to properly to find an enthusiast.

And/or they can’t/ won’t put in the hard work on the opposite side of that to book a pro, no matter what the rate is.

The stress of those whom don’t Reciprocate funds back to the site to have a forum and platform to stand on the soapbox and complain really shouldn’t be complaining.

It’s human nature to push against something you don’t understand but also, we’re all adults and humans on here looking for a reprieve from all the stress and BS that we face on a daily basis so if you can’t find someone that wants to destress with you whether it’s an enthusiast or pro, maybe you need to look at the angle and way in which you drive yourself forward and present yourself.

again I don’t go to your companies website and tell them that you should make less money because you are a very unkind person/or I don’t understand why you were hired or ect. And don’t value your work/ethic ect.

Kindness and respect go hand in hand. And it’s free thirty.

🎤 drop.