Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• @TxTom i think the concern is that that cc becomes common place for prostitution because they are successful here. With more seeming to be here for that it's likely it's beginning. Nothing the site can do though, people always find a way to do and communicate what they are doing. It's everyone else that has to catch up to the language and signs. I think there are plenty that get away with it for a long time, and more come in hoping to be. No one would blink an eye if a guy was here for that, so if they are here what they are looking for is here.

• @BashfulLoner These are two seperate concerns: prices and prostitution. I don't think the two are necessarily connected.

• Sort of agree with that. Prostitutes may actually start with normal prices and then upsell. It’s not necessarily a good indicator.

• For once @TxTom and I agree.

The issue of prices will sort itself out as pros who are unable to get clientele due to high rates will drop them or quit, and those that manage to command those high rates obviously have earned them one way or another.

In terms of sex work, I still firmly believe that the issue will not resolve by going after the supply end - you have to tackle the demand. Until and unless this site starts vetting clients the way it does pros and focusing on shutting down abuse proactively, it's going to continue.

I don't think this site is going down hill any more than it was previously, but people's awareness changes over time.

• @Morpheus @jplemmon @lonelytauros @ckmmm420 feel like you can’t even talk or negotiate pricing with some pros. Most of them will block you if they take it personal.

• @TxTom you don't think price is a good indicator of what's going on? A service sold in one market will eventually have similar pricing in another market. It may not, but when it comes in at Cadillac prices even if the market drives the price down it's still a Cadillac. My point was we may see the market flood with Cadillacs and Cadillac customers. The more of those Cadillacs and customers in causes disruption to the rest of the market, as seen in many many posts and threads daily. I hope that's not the case but i share the concern.

• @BashfulLoner not to answer for Tom, but no, price alone is not a good indicator - particularly when you have people on social media bragging about being able to make those high rates for strictly cuddling. People join having done zero research and set their rates based off of what they've heard influencers claim to make, not based on any actual reality.

I did a more in-depth comment about why price isn't an accurate indicator of potential sex work here.

• @BashfulLoner

you don't think price is a good indicator of what's going on?

No, I don't.

And regarding that other, totally seperate issue, I believe CC has procedures for dealing with Cadillacs parked in the Toyota lot.

• edited February 24

@cuddlefaery i can see where cuddling might not, but sex has a price point. No matter the site or app.it might change by region but that's about it. Cuddling may have the same value to some, but those who are prepared to pay for sex know their price and so do the providers.

I do agree with most of the post you shared. It may not be the most accurate indicator but i do believe it's an indicator. Patterns exist i think similar patterns move from site to site. The one think about the internet is access to any and everyone and there is always an incentive to move to different marketplaces.

• My previous comment was poorly timed with @TxTom's comments. I agree with the pricing concerns.

but no worries. @TxTom and I agree on plenty for that to be an issue

• I share the overall concern about sex workers on this site, and I do think there is likely some sort of correlation between high prices and sex work. However, I think sex workers are rampant among lower prices too - they just try to upcharge later. Many years ago when I used this site, the first 3 cuddlers I saw all turned out to be prostitutes, and they all had a price of around $100/hr listed on the site.

And the high prices come and go - sometimes I've seen an influx of very high priced cuddlers in an area, but then the pricing settles down over time.

So I think this issue is unfortunate, but not some brand new emergency, and not an existential crisis for CuddleComfort.

• @BashfulLoner patterns absolutely are important to recognize, but I think the more important pattern to recognize with the influx of higher rates is the influence of misinformation from social media and the lack of education and regulations for professional cuddling in general.

But that isn't the aim of this thread, I believe.

• @cuddlefaery that could be an influence. I also still believe the entire concept of the site is new and will lead to curiosity and intrigue. So there will be lot of people popping in to see what's about, what can i get away with, how much can i make etc. etc. Some will be just curious and i think that leads to ladies popping in a few wells and never coming back. Or them having one bad cuddle experience or message and turning them off from the entire thought.

I say that to say there is a lot that could cause damage to the site. I don't know what's more concerning. I just try to be cautiously optimistic. Even though 60% percent of the potential cuddles i interact with either go inactive, delete or get banned. I think 20% are selling sex and the 15% just end up being uninterested. In other words, there's still a chance.

• I don't think the sex workers are coming to cuddle. But I agree the demand is the problem a good 80% of the cuddles I've had on this site the men have wanted and expected more than platonic cuddles and when I report them I've gotten flagged by moderators so it's really hard to get these guys out of here. Idk. Sometimes I feel like if they're so okay with that then every cuddle they have had has been with cuddlers who have been pressured by them to have sex so they think they can just keep doing it. I bet a lot of girls are afraid to report or maybe they're scared they'll have no clients idk. Just putting some thoughts out there.

• @lunar_deity The reason it is hard to get these guys out of here is it comes down to a question of he said, she said and money. If there is a written trail like text messages that’s easy, but a lot of this occurs behind closed doors without any documentation and the accused is actually funding the site with their dollars. In short, the motivation to go all out and get these guys is in relation to how badly the site needs money and how much these guys pay.

• edited February 24

To pay $300 an hour for platonic cuddling is insane.

What a horrible thing to say.

I won’t pay $150 an hour for glorified hugging,

If you think professional cuddling is 'glorified hugging' then all I can do is congratulate you on your ignorance.

For the people claiming high rates equate to sex work, provide some evidence. I have never seen any evidence to substantiate such claims. There has been repeated evidence that sex workers masquerading as cuddlers publish average or below-average rates to attract business, and then attempt to increase the rate once the session is happening.

There is also considerable evidence that high rates equates to having no clients.

For the avoidance of doubt, multiple sex workers are banned every day.

@jplemmon

If you want a fun side project, see how many pros in your area show up on a sugar site search. It's like 35-40% in my area.

How many do you Report?

• edited February 24

Creating a narrative of false boogeyman hysteria in hopes that the site admin will take action against pros charging what some consider high comes across as an attempt to try to pressure CC into capping rates . Regardless of what one charges, it does not equal prostitution, and CC has already determined that they are not going to be in the business of telling pros what they are allowed to charge . Seems to be more of the same agenda pushing and pot stirring rather than concern.

• I think the sites direction is going to be determined by the users. No matter what the site does whoever participates is going to find a way. I don't know how you deter the providers or customers, there are ways around everything and they will find a way. If it's important to the people we will find a way. We will figure it out or we won't.

• edited February 24

@CuddleDuncan you may disagree about $300 an hour but a "horrible thing to say" ??
    I've seen much worse being said here...

• edited February 24

How many do you Report?

all of the ones I find chap

Somehow, there are several that don't get removed. Maybe they bring in too much revenue to the site?

• Creating a narrative of false boogeyman hysteria in hopes that the site admin will take action against pros charging what some consider high comes across as an attempt to try to pressure CC into capping rates .

THIS!^^^👍

@pmvines Yep that's what I was thinking too while reading this discussion post, if one can't afford said Pro's expensive rates then by all means seek out and connect (hopefully schedule) with a Pro who's cuddle rates are affordable for one's own monetary budget. It's really not that hard to do...🤷‍♀️

• If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it. If you don’t like the hourly rate of a pro, don’t book her.

• Here is how I see it. Some pros get a lot of proposals and they need to figure out what to do with that. I personally prefer to only cuddle once or twice a week since I have a fulltime job which is my main priority. However, there have been too many requests at times and sometimes some are for same days and some that request the same hours where you have to just pick one. I have just been like overwhelmed a few times and was like just don't log in for a bit to get time off. Which is a lot easier than wondering if to quit all together as I figured. In this situation I would prefer to raise the price too. This may give me less clients (which is fine) but it'll help me focus more on the other clients. So I'd only raise prices based on my clients.

Others may do it for other reasons but basically there are other fish in the sea for cuddles so don't let one pro get you down.

• I smell something foul cooking on CC... oh it's this thread.

• Higher per hour rates does not equate anything sexual. These professionals feel they are worth that price. As others have said the market will sort it out. If they don’t get any appointments or only a few they may lower or else they are fine with just a few sessions a week. It’s hyperbolic to come on here and say that higher prices means it’s prostitution.
    The site is fine.

• edited February 24

I think the cost of living is more expensive there and the rates and wages reflect that. If there's a demand, then prices are set.

• Gawd! This thread at times seems like a …

• @BashfulLoner, I’m usually with you 💯 percent, but I have to disagree here:

I think the sites direction is going to be determined by the users. No matter what the site does whoever participates is going to find a way. I don't know how you deter the providers or customers, there are ways around everything and they will find a way.

I think the users are who they are—folks who are interested in cuddling will always be a cross section of touch-interested people. A small portion of the will cling to their platonic ideals and the rest will have some degree of interest in a more sensual or intimate kind of touch (whether or not they act on it with any prospective cuddle partners).

When @xandriarain has disclosed details of her screening process in the past, I have always admired the cleverness of one of her interview questions for clients (I paraphrase):

Are you here seeking platonic cuddles, or are you just settling for them?

What a remarkable question with a necessarily telling answer! It is my understanding that she does not automatically eliminate folks who confess that they are only settling for platonic touch—but it does open a really important conversation about expectations and boundaries that enable her to make an informed decision about whether or not to accept a client.

@lunar_deity, I’m so sorry that you’ve had to deal with pushy clients making inappropriate requests. 80% is a really high number and that behavior is not ok!

I would say (in the most gentle way possible), though, that if 80% of your clients show up in person making erroneous assumptions about the services you offer, that you have to examine your messaging. To me, numbers that high indicate a screening process that is overly lax.

Truly no victim blaming—gross pervert behavior is not ok (!) and you (of course) can’t control others’ behavior, but you can make sure that you’re being clear and firm about what will and will not happen in a session—that will eliminate a good many folks who try to take advantage.

• @BashfulLoner if I have noticed any changes in the site lately, it has been a much more lax screening approach by site admins approving pros.

I'm not sure if it is because the admin team is overtaxed or if the applications to join have been multiplied by cuddling trending on social media, but in my area there have been a good number of profiles in the last 6 months that blatantly offer sexual services on their profile. One even posted a main profile picture wearing lingerie and sitting onstage at a strip club while other dancers performed in the background.

I don't know if it's true, but it gives the impression that admin is literally just accepting everyone and letting members do the screening and elimination via report. Disturbing.