Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• edited June 2023

A pro cuddler is usually coming to you, they are paying 15% to the site, they have flakes that bail on them all the time, and they are constantly fighting off people that push boundaries or are outright dangerous. If we are talking the mental toll us poor clients have to endure by simply seeing a $200 price, just imagine the toll constantly being groped and propositioned and being treated like s**t in messages and constantly having someone try to haggle your price because they assume you are not worth it otherwise. I honestly don’t know how they do it. Regardless, just the poll options alone make me feel like a genuine discussion isn’t really the point here so I’m merging this to the pricing thread.

Edit: Sorry, I just need a snickers bar.

• I charge $175/hour- and here's what goes into my pricing: I'm a hardcore empath, so if someone is lonely, sad, etc, that sticks to me like hugging a person covered in mud. I have to shower, change clothes, sage, palo santo, and cut cords after. It can be very energetically draining.

Also, I'm a life coach and I charge $300/hour for that, so it just seems bizarre to charge much less per hour for someone to have the ability to literally rub up on my body, ya know?

The last factor is that I'm in San Diego, one of the most expensive places to live in the US. And I have rent to pay so I can't charge too much lower or its not worth the time. Hope this was helpful!

• @CuddleBuddyLyss I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Personally my artwork prints sell for more than my $150 rate as a Cuddler. The sentiment I gather is If you have an empathetic - adjacent profession- it’s usually nonsense to get pushback on pricing!

I initially had my rate at $200/hr when I started during lockdown- which was very common in tri-state- given all the prep /transportation and time. It is emotionally giving and managing the logistics up until the session too that must be accounted for as well as ongoing rapport for repeat cuddle sessions.
    There is value in extending platonic touch with someone and there is also a sliding scale to give people alternatives to those who want to bargain down. I can’t afford to bargain down, so I politely decline those requests. 🌸

Hope this creates insight too!

• I’m newer and can’t host so I’m a little cheaper than the average. But I also offer cooking services and such to make it feel more comfortable for everyone involved. I also understand I’m younger and attractive and I shouldn’t be selling myself short. But this is something im taking seriously so I try to hear out different offers.

• What’s to much and what’s to little when it comes to pricing ur cuddles ?

• I feel Like $100 a hour is a good price. If things are added to the session then that will be discussed at the beginning of the session

• Be advised that you have to apply for and be approved as a pro before you're allowed to charge people.

• @lovecuddling1 look at the range of prices charged by professionals in your area: it does vary a bit from place to place. Then it really depends how many clients you want. Once you are registered as a professional, you may need to experiment with different rates until you find the right one for you.

In the meantime, read the sticky topics at the top of the Professional Cuddling board. Start with the first post in each case.

• I'm surprised the above post about what she should charge got moved here since this is supposed to be a thread for clients to whine about prices.

• I think there's somebody for everybody's budget.

• It's my opinion that these so called professionals that can't host are ridiculous!! They want a 150 dollar hosting fee of a hotel room plus the cuddle fee of 100 an hour?? You guys that pay for this are absolutely insane!!250 dollars for an hour of cuddling....they make these prices because idiots are actually paying this....

• Dude.... go some place else to troll.

• If you don't want to be here, I'm sure a moderator will gladly help you out the door.

• edited June 2023

@dude14

It's my opinion that these so called professionals that can't host are ridiculous!! They want a 150 dollar hosting fee of a hotel room plus the cuddle fee of 100 an hour?? You guys that pay for this are absolutely insane!!250 dollars for an hour of cuddling....they make these prices because idiots are actually paying this....

I cannot imagine why pros are not clamouring to host you in their home. /s

• @Rezz 😂😂😂

• edited June 2023

Hello Price Mega Thread , my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again
    Because a post softly creeping
    Left its seeds while I was sleeping
    And the post that was planted in my brain
    Still remains
    Within the sound of silence 🎶

• edited June 2023

I think you get a free toaster after a 200 dollar session:

• @OhioMike That was brilliant my friend. I was singing along with you.

@panda619 they went with toaster because a set of knives didn’t seem appropriate and everyone already has a blender. Ha! That post made me 😂

• Just out of curiosity do pros pay taxes on the income they receive from cuddling? Do they have to keep a record of payments received?

• @MrMarkAndrew we are supposed to follow all local and federal business and tax laws, same as everyone else. Ignorance of business and tax law is not considered a reasonable excuse and anyone who works self-employed without following the necessary procedures is in danger of hefty fines to say the least.

I've worked for myself freelancing since I was a teen so I got an earlier start on learning what not to do, but a lot of people simply don't realize what resources are out there. They'll hear about professional cuddling as a "quick way to earn money" and not even think twice of the legal implications and rules they need to follow.

• I've been messaged by pros that charge $200 an hour. I dont have the heart to tell them that they're too expensive, so I usually don't respond at all.

• I was just reading through a bit of this thread and was a bit surprised that no one seems to mention the enormous risk that cuddlers are taking whenever meeting a client for the first time. I’ve been cuddling for a bit now, have met many great people, and do enjoy many of my sessions. The reality, however, is that I am genuinely scared when meeting someone new for the first time. Potential safety factors are a huge thing and in my opinion most definitely factor into hourly rates.

• I’ve never used a pro (yet) but I DO peruse and I see up to $150 and occasionally even more - not sure what’s that’s all about, but it’s a free market so let the chips fall where they may I guess…

• edited August 2023

I see people getting upset over the higher prices set by pro cuddles.
    I thought I might add my 2 cents to this discussion as a pro cuddler.

I use to charge $70hr and was happy to stay at that amount until I realised the lower my price the more chance I was coming across men not looking for cuddles but something more, but would only find out once we started cuddling, leading to having to leave sessions early.
    Once I raised my price I found I was less likely to encounter them.

So sometimes price isn't because your money hungry but to protect yourself.
    Lets be honest as woman you have to be careful, especially since your inviting strangers into your home or going into theirs and you may be alone.

Price may also include travel fees.

Just something to consider

• @healyoursoul - What about established clients whom you had sessions with and you know are safe?

• I’m a professional cuddler, and I offer my services at $35/hour. The reason why— is because I encourage tipping for good service! This leads me to have a much more fluid environment where the client and myself feel more involved in the process, and my efforts can be rewarded based on client feedback and tips!
    For in person cuddles, I still keep my services around $40/hr since I understand the need of the service, and those that are more in need of a service like this cannot afford steep pricing! It certainly helps when clients will pay my rates based on travel time as well, which keeps me in the business.

I hope all of the cuddlers out there can find some common ground and happiness with this job, as it’s extremely rewarding!

• @mimi777
    Just a few years ago max pros charged was 80 and they hosted. If they didn't host they would offer hour free to help with hotel room costs.
    They faced the same risks etc that pros face today.
    There's no way to explain the prices other than simple capitalism.
    Once a single pro raised her price and the others followed that was that. It's like price collusion. Google that term. It's a simple economic reality.
    What I would like is that people stopped making these silly excuses...we aren't that stupid I hope :)
    Anyways. I'm done with pro cuddling. I used to spent 60 to 80 per hour and really put myself in a hole financially because of all the cuddling I did. One hour wasn't enough.
    Now at 150 and beyond good lord I would have destroyed myself even faster.
    So glad I found a friend to cuddle with and she's local and hosts.
    But for years I was dependent on pros and I wish I hadn't ever gotten into it.

• edited August 2023

• @Melancholy - There are still some pros who charge that amount. You can set the max rate when performing a search and only book with them.