Man-man cuddling. (I’m not homophobic...)

Comments

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@Navyman1010

-hate me if you like—even if I had the ability, I wouldn't suppress your natural emotional response to the things I do and say-

• edited January 2019

Lol what in the WORLD are you talking about? Lol ok im done, i can only tolerate @DarrenWalker in doses

Signing off

@Navyman1010: Large doses, or small ones?

Being petty (and also rather petite), I suspect I only come in small doses... though my pointed parodies can, I suppose, be surprisingly potent for the unprepared.

• Is there something to be said about the one who protests too much?

edited January 2019

@mickcuddle: Ha! I hadn't even thought of that.

"I'm not gay! I never even touch other men! Sitting next to one on a couch? No way! Too sexy! What if our legs brushed? Oh, the gay! It's so hot I can't stand it! I would never put myself in that situation, because I'm definitely not attracted to men!"

[Edited for the "one one a couch" error. My, I was in a rush.]

• I just wanted to clarify, the title was NOT meant to mean “not cuddling with men means you’re homophobic.” I was just trying to let people know it wasn’t a post based on anything having to do with homosexuality or homophobia.

• DarrenWalker needs to come out of the closet and accept who he is.

• @Dan5280 thats funny

Just to be clear for everyone, I identify as a double reverse trans-woman whos a lesbian, there i said it

-dont hate on me for my gender-

• +1 @DarrenWalker (yes all of it... )

@TouchIsTLC: Aw. Thanks!

@Dan5280 and @Navyman1010: And you two need to admit that you don't believe it's possible for cuddling to ever be nonsexual.

• @BlueIris wins my internets again ;) Sorry not sorry that I bumped the dead horse.

@DarrenWalker , they can't admit anything that threatens their myopic world view circa Happy Days, late 1950s'. Or Utah, 2010's.

-Don't hate me 'cuz you're wrong.

@Sideon: Surely saying "Yes, I believe that if a man sits in another man's lap, they have both announced to the world that they're gay" is just an expression of their myopic worldview? That statement wouldn't threaten it at all.

Though admitting that they don't think it's possible for cuddling to be platonic might threaten their place on this site, and they'd have to find somewhere else to fish for women to touch....

• Cuddling is not always 100% platonic, no matter what people say. I think it's natural to get a little excited. I agree with some of the other commenters here - straight guys cuddle with women, in my opinion. I'd cut off my arm before did that with a guy. Same with massage. It's not sexual, but I would only go to a woman for that. I don't want a guy touching me. Do I speak for everyone? Of course not. But do I believe that a straight guy would cuddle with another guy? Never.

@Dan5280: Nothing in the world, alas, is always 100% platonic. There's always someone out there making it dirty. But that doesn't mean everyone who buys a cucumber, for instance, is doing it for sexual reasons.

You can buy a cucumber with nothing in mind but salad. And you can cuddle someone with nothing in mind but platonic affection. Yes, even if they're the same sex as you! Believe it or not, cuddling with someone you're not sexually attracted to can be nonsexual. Shocking, I know.

And come on. "Getting a little excited" can happen if a leaf falls off a nearby tree. Don't worry about it so much. It doesn't mean you're flora-sexual.

• @Dan5280, If you think cuddling can't be 100% platonic, then you're a troll. Move along.

@Navyman1010.... Because we argue that the premise of the site is accurate... while you insist that cuddling is always sexual, and it's impossible to cuddle somebody without being sexually attracted to them on some level.

Huh. Gonna have to think about that one.

• I cuddle my children, it’s NOT sexual. A cuddle shows care. There are many types of love.

Most brothers love each other but it don’t make them gay.

• But, after all this banter, I still never get s cuddle from anyone

• I have yet to cuddle with a stranger, but would never choose a man.

It's hard to imagine that physical attraction and sexual attraction aren't a driving force, after all, profiles prominently feature pictures for a reason.

Having stated my preference, or is it a boundary, I am quite comfortable getting a massage from a Male, and have a number of times.

Maybe it's context. Maybe we overthink it all.

• I want to give a shout out to all of the Straight identifying men that claimed to not be open to cuddling other men but open to showing affection in other ways (hugs, holding hands and etc.). That shows balance and honesty in viewpoints!?

• I wouldn’t be comfortable cuddling a man, i don’t believe I’m homophobic but it doesn’t seem appealing at all. I’m not opposed to touching a man but in a intimate or close setting doesn’t sit well with me.

• Well, regardless of some comments being negative, if any guys local want a cuddle I will happily give you cuddles - it just shows tree care.

• Changing my "Cuddles with" status to "Everyone" because of people like @Sideon @DarrenWalker @TallMuscleGrad and in spite of the thoughts, comments and close-mindedness of the likes of @Navyman1010 and @Dan5280 .

To be clear, I'm 100% heterosexual, have received a number of massages (probably nearing 100?) from both men (30%) and women (70%) and I have NEVER been sexual/sexually aroused during a massage - it's a NON-Sexual activity/MIND SET... I'm also very secure and confident in my sexuality and have met five people (4 enthusiasts and 1 pro) from this site in the past 2-3 months - throwing that out there to show that it's possible and that the site works - it takes time, effort, and patience, but it works.

So in thinking about it, if I like a male enthusiast here on the site as a person, we chat and are comfortable with one another I would not have a problem meeting him and cuddling with him if it felt right for both of us. And, NO, his sexual orientation would not matter - good, open communications should be happening with ANY cuddle partner, not just straight females, gay females, straight males, gay males or any other orientation/combination.

• [Deleted User]CuddlyGuy2018 (deleted user)
    edited February 2019

Would never cuddle a man, if men needing to be in close physical contact with one another outside of purely survival reasons were an evolutionary necessity we would probably have found a way to work it into our culture somewhere here on planet earth.

Also, It's funny some asexuals ITT (@darrenwalker) are asserting their opinions on whether and in what manner in which hetero men should engage in prolonged close intimate physical contact with one another without the innate understanding of the complexity of sexual desire and physical attraction (and lack thereof) between and among the sexes, and that this would promote more "happiness and healthiness" in us, insinuating there is something wrong with us or that we are not as happy and healthy as we could be were we cuddling other men. I'd love to see some data to support that assertion. You're entitled to your opinion but as someone who is clearly on the SJW/politically correct side of the aisle I'm surprised at your inability to recognize your own hypocrisy and ignorance, that is of course assuming you would find it hypocritical and ignorant of me to say "asexuals sure would be happier and healthier if they just tried vagina or penis once in a while," which is an assertion I'm positive has been made by ignorant heterosexuals and is probably not new to the asexual community. With all due respect, if you are asexual you really don't know what you're talking about regarding how intimacy of the type involving physical attraction works between two heterosexual people, let alone between two heterosexual men.

• @CuddlyGuy2018 that is absolutly true. I wouldn’t except being labeled homophobic because of my attraction to women and non attraction to men. May i offer a word we haven’t discussed. This word may be harsher than i intend it but is it possible to have a repulsion to men as opposed to attraction.

There is something about a man, that i recognize as a man makes me not want to be in certain proximity outside necessity. At the same time i can tolerate certain proximity to a woman, whether I’m attracted to her or not.

I do know that repulsion is not the right word, forgive me for my lack of vocabulary. But i don’t find it odd or uncomfortable when i seee other men in manners i wouldn’t be comfortable in. At the same time I’d find it odd if somebody cuddled a dolphin, something I’d never do.

This discussion has been locked.