Quote of the Day

Comments

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

"The consciousness of the external impression prompting me to any kind of exertion—physical or mental—is ever present in my mind. Only on very rare occasions, when I was in a state of exceptional concentration, have I found difficulty in locating the original impulse. The by far greater number of human beings are never aware of what is passing around and within them...."

"The commonest, most everyday occurrences appear to them mysterious and inexplicable. One may feel a sudden wave of sadness and rack his brain for an explanation, when he might have noticed that it was caused by a cloud cutting off the rays of the sun."

—Nikola Tesla, My Inventions

• "Who am I to make conclusions about who I am"

PS Have to admit that I first came up with this for another Discussion but was so pleased with it that I have re used it here as well.

• The best kind of apology is a change in behavior.

▪️Unattributed

• "When you find yourself standing in a deep hole, stop digging."
    -Me

• Wow missadventure that is some good shit!

"Reality doesn't care if you believe it."
    Boba Fett

• “None but ourselves can free our minds.” – Bob Marley

• [Deleted User]CharlesTwisted (deleted user)

“So one must be resigned to being a clock that measures the passage of time, now out of order, now repaired, and whose mechanism generates despair and love as soon as its maker sets it going? Are we to grow used to the idea that every man relives ancient torments, which are all the more profound because they grow comic with repetition? That human existence should repeat itself, well and good, but that it should repeat itself like a hackneyed tune, or a record a drunkard keeps playing as he feeds coins into the jukebox...”

• Stanislaw Lem
  • A mind, once expanded, never returns to its former dimensions.

-Various attributions

• edited April 2019

Removed - not really appropriate for this website. [Mark]

• edited April 2019

Slightly more seriously:

Sarah Jane Smith: You're being childish!
    The Doctor: Well, of course I'm being childish! There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

• “Pull my finger”

• edited April 2019

"I've found a lot of things on Tinder...intimacy is not oneof the."
    Sashamcgee

• [Deleted User]Baltimore_MD_ (deleted user)

"If they come prying, they can leave curious." - Ursula Le Guin from her book Tehanu.

It's a quote that has stuck with me for a long time. I have seen lots of people get involved in stressful discussions because they don't know how to put up boundaries and say "that's not your business, and I'm not talking about it". Once you're able to do that judiciously, life becomes much less stressful (at least in my experience).