Quote of the Day

Comments

• Write the story. Don't write sentences.

James Patterson

• Nice!!!

• [Deleted User]FitCuddles (deleted user)

“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”
    ― Louise Erdrich, The Painted Drum

• edited May 2019

Deleted.

• "Bid them patience and ask death for speed; for they are all there but one - I, Chingachgook - Last of the Mohicans"

• [Deleted User]brsajo (deleted user)

"The philosopher Descartes believed that he had found the most fundamental truth when he made his famous statement: 'I think, therefore I am.' He had, in fact, given expression to the most basic error: to equate thinking with Being and identity with thinking." ~Eckhart Tolle - The Power Of Now

• “Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, the best would be never to have been born at all.”

— Heinrich Heine

• "A tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing"

• Youth is wasted on the young
    George Bernard Shaw

• “Now that I am alone, I don't have to hide it; I don't have to hide anything any longer. I can let my face go because no one can see me; because there's twenty-one thousand feet between me and them... No, I don't have to press my teeth together or tighten the muscles of my jaw...”
    ― Roald Dahl

• Pissing Contest Quotes. “The two princes stared at each other, one gold and one silver. There was nothing friendly in the stares, nothing human - two males locked in some unspoken dominance battle.”

• I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars
    ― George McGovern

• Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

----Gilbert Gnarly

• Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain but it’s more common and also more difficult to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden. It is easier to say “My tooth is aching” than to say “My heart is broken.”
    — C.S. Lewis

• “She was so intelligent that she could think herself into beauty. Intelligence...they don't talk about it much, the poets, but when a woman is intelligent and passionate and good...”
    ― Eva Ibbotson

For @MissAdventurous (Not saying you are not also already beautiful, by the way!)

• Empty your mind, be formless, Like water. If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, If you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, If you put it into a teapot it becomes the tea pot, Water can flow or water can crash.. Be water my friend!
    Bruce Lee

• Water can evaporate.

The coroner at Bruce Lee’s autopsy

• That Amber Veal quote is suspect, because she states the intent to “argue” and then evaluates the other person’s “mental maturity.” Her opponent could say the same thing of her if she is intent on arguing. Whatever happened to debate and both giving the benefit of the doubt to the other.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

"You have twelve hours to surrender yourselves to me, or I'll wipe out New York City! Hahahahaha!!! ...Have a nice night."
    —Doctor Doom, The Fantastic 4