Are there valid reasons not to post a picture of oneself?

Comments

• @cuddlebunny777 What, people dont really have cat whiskers and mouse ears and bunny noses? lol Thats a whole new thread.

• Is there a possibility that some one may have experienced negative feed back being too freaking gorgeous? One might not post a pic or just post a pick showing let’s say one eye, the rest covered by a tasteful straw hat? I mean that’s to not far fetched is it? This being a platonic site one may not want to get those thoughts in anyone’s head.

• I get so much attention for my beautiful bones, just imagine if I posted the flesh too!

• @littermate your big boned self look so cuddly in that pic, i swear i hope your bones are just soft enough to be comfortable and not soft enough to be unhealthy.

• Haha @BashfulLoner! Luckily the flesh pads things a bit. It would be a real downer if my bones crumbled to dust while cuddling.

• That’s what i imagine? Bone fresh and fit.

• [Deleted User]SociallyAwkward (deleted user)

I would but past events have destroyed my self-confidence. I'm fine with not being touched by another human being ever again if that ends up being the case.

• [Deleted User]cuddlestogive (deleted user)

I totally get the whole "privacy" thing for some people. There are plenty of women who don't have a profile pic. I'm completely fine with that. Maybe I'm seeing this the wrong way, but isn't this site supposed to be about finding someone to cuddle with? Is someones appearance THAT important? It seems to me that having personalities and cuddle styles that are similar would be more important than looks. But I get it. you don't want to cuddle someone because you're not attracted to them, so don't! I'm alway willing to send a pic or 2 in a message if our conversation gets far enough that we choose to do that. And no, I'm not ugly! lol

• @cuddlelovermale
    Keep in mind, while most do want pics to base off looks, a lot of people including myself use pictures for safety. If I’m meeting you in public, it would also be nice to know who I’m looking out for. But mainly I need the picture for safety reasons

• And I take pics to the post office to see if they match the wanted posters. That is how I found myself.

@Sheena123 I agree. I would definitely want a pic of someone before we meet, especially if we're meeting in public first. It could be a little embarrassing going around a place asking strange women if they're here to talk about a cuddle lol

Safety is another good reason for the pic trade.

• @fun why are you posted as “wanted” ?

Impersonating a Cuddler?

• I can understand shyness or lack of self confidence, even work related reasons. However, would the men on this site book a session if the women did not have a picture up??? Probably not!

I think men without pictures should send a picture with their introduction to be fair.

edited March 2020

@MoniSky To be honest, I never thought about that! But there are a TON of women on here that don't have profile pics either. I'd say more of them don't than do. At least from what I see in my area. While I still might not send a pic with my introduction ( I rarely get a response ) I'm more than happy to when someone responds. I guess if I was contacting a pro like yourself I would.

• Maybe they are a secret agent...

• edited March 2020

@Drop_the_Mike, Being a secret agent or knowing a secret agent It is not as far-fetch as it may sound, this is the worldwide web after all. We must help the professional cuddlers all that we can while taking the necessary precautions to protect ourselves and our families and friends. If a consensual platonic cuddle is mean to happen, it will!

• [Deleted User]takestwo (deleted user)

Let's try an example.
    Say one is a real estate agent with their picture all over town to advertise their services. To get to this place in their career they had to become educated, get licensed, and build a reputation. They meet customers all the time that they know little about and have never seen before in an empty and sometimes secluded house. However, that's the job and most of the time they don't get any pay for it. Now this real estate agent needs some down time for caring platonic cuddling. Due to their limited time they decide to go with a 'professional' cuddler, who demands their picture before meeting. The agent hesitates and even tries to find an alternate means to ensure safety for both, but gives in. This 'professional' uses the agent's photo to learn all about them. They learn that this agent appears to be making big bucks due to a high dollar sale (even though it was only one in the past 10 years) and that many of their clients are influential. The 'professional' accidentally {on purpose?} posts the real estate agent's picture and maybe even some comments about what they learned. Turns out that a number of the agent's key and potential clients think 'cuddling' is not legitimate and decide to use another real estate agent. That one cuddle session became very very costly for the agent!

Although this is made up, it is a valid situation and one of many similar to it. There are several other jobs where 'cuddling' information getting out would cause the purchaser of 'professional' cuddling not only to lose large amounts of income, but to actually be fired.

Valid reason not to give a picture? YES

• edited March 2020

@MoniSky I don't have any preference on whether a woman(or man) has a picture so there is at least one person who would cuddle a woman that has not posted a pic.

As for me, the less information that gets into corporate CEO hands the better. Real people can know things, I don't have any issue with that.....but not CEOs.

• I still say no. That scenario is stretching hardcore. I’m sure there are crappy professionals out there that could possibly take advantage of someone with using a picture but it’s so few compared to the amount of pros that need a pic for safety reasons. A pros safety is a thousand times more important than a 1 in a thousand real estate agent that could possibly lose a client. If someone is really iffy on sending a pic because of a situation like that, just think about this. If a person really wanted to use a pic against you, they could easily get a pic of you when they are meeting with you and you wouldn’t even know it. If those bad intentions are there, they can get what they want as soon as they meet you. That’s so rare. Sending a pic so the pro knows who they are about to be intimate with and also knowing who to look for is so much more important.

For those that don’t want to send a pic, I’m sure there are pros out there who will meet and cuddle you beforehand, but the majority of pros care about living and having a pic to give to a safety contact if something goes wrong. Enthusiast women ask for pics as well. If you can’t send one and trust them, then how can you trust them cuddling you and not taking advantage when they are physically in front of you?
    I will agree that there are reasons not to send a pic but I will not say it’s valid.

• I just wish to mention that there is a difference between posting a pic and sending one. I am perfectly willing to send a picture, but I don't want to post one that is visible for anyone to see.

• @JasonCuddles I agree ☺️ I totally understand why you wouldn’t want to have a pic posted for privacy reasons. Not wanting to send a pic to someone you’re about to meet for the first time and have a very intimate cuddle with, just seems illogical

• Everyone has the right to set requirements and boundaries for their safety. While I wouldn't consider contacting a professional who requires potential partners to have a public profile pic (which I've only seen once or twice), I could see non-pro female cuddlers [all four of them ;)] using that requirement to cut down the massive # of messages they get and even most creepers, though they'd also miss out on some great partners. In smaller towns, they'd just really be limiting their options.

If someone wants to avoid sending pics at all, they could offer to meet (or pay) for a public session so both get a comfort level but to me it's still a red flag. If you're that recognizable, they'll, um, recognize you anyways. The pic is irrelevant.

While I get the concerns around public shaming or even blackmail, it's not a significant risk when meeting with a pro unless they have a sketchy profile, no karma, and happen to move in the same circles. Non-pros don't really come into this since if you won't send a pic, you have no realistic chance to meet. That's just reality.

If you can't do at least a little research (check profile and pics, message each other, even gasp request a phone conversation) to get enough of a comfort level to send a regular picture, this site probably isn't for you.

It's not fair as secret agents and powerful magnates need hugs too ;)

• @WiseTraveler lol well said ☺️

• [Deleted User]LucidDreams84 (deleted user)

Photos should be mandatory in their profile page and really anywhere else. Transparency is key. It doesn't have to be super detailed either. You can hide your face, but still show it ya know? Be creative, but to not show anything should be banned. It's silly to have dumb memes or pictures that don't have to do with anything as your profile. This really holds true to the pointless arguments on these boards, especially with this CoronaVirus nonsense. If you are going to over hype this "flu" and cite really ludicrous rebuttals, and least show your dumb face! lol.

• I don't have a pic posted publicly for privacy reasons but have no issue sending one through message if I'm looking to meet or schedule. I have met pros that didn't ask for a pic of me ahead time again not that I had an issue sending one they just never asked. As far as the scenario @takestwo mentions I agree with @Sheena123 it's a little far fetched and highly unlikely. But with that in mind I would never give here I hadn't met in person any of social media info or employer info which I have seen some pros require before they'll meet you. Those I think are a bridge too far when it comes to vetting someone.

• [Deleted User]takestwo (deleted user)

BTW, real estate agents do meet with unknown, un-pictured people all the time in empty houses - usually for NO pay. OK, so maybe I'm not good at coming up with scenarios. When it comes down to it, no one can say whether it is valid or not, other than for themselves. Beyond that it is no more than an opinion. As far fetched as it has been indicated that a client's privacy concerns would be violated by a 'professional', it is just as far fetched to say a 'professional's' safety will be violated by a client, especially if meeting in public.
    BTW, my profile has my picture. There are definite cases where privacy violations have taken place, even with highly professional people. These are usually accidental, but on occasion are used for personal gain. Also, there are many 'professionals' on here with little to no profile, maybe a picture, and no karma. It sounds like those are the only ones who may be available to one who can't provide a picture. So now whose safety is at risk? Solution - just meet in public, problem solved! If people on this forum can't see the logic in this, then I give up.

• [Deleted User]cuddles4bliss (deleted user)
    edited March 2020

I actually prefer not to know what a person looks like before the session. This is because from my perspective it shouldn’t matter what a person looks like. Cuddling to me is not about physical attraction and I find that physical attraction takes away from the platonic nature. I am also human like everyone else, and although I try not to I do find myself judging people off their looks. I don’t typically cuddle someone I find physically attractive because chances are they know they’re good looking and in my experience they use that to excuse their actions, thinking that because they’re handsome they can try to kiss me or get away with other non-platonic attempts. Being asexual, I don’t experience physical sexual attraction no matter what a person looks like. But in my experience men who know they’re handsome get cocky about it and think that because they are good looking and because I am good looking there will be physical chemistry between us and they can get away with certain things. Because this has been my experience, I find myself turning down sessions with men that appear to be handsome before ever actually meeting them because I fear they will try to kiss or have sex with me and that is not fair for me to do. So I prefer not to see pictures of them and judge them based off my conversation with them instead.