Are there valid reasons not to post a picture of oneself?

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User]cuddles4bliss (deleted user)

@FunCartel lmao I wonder if a narcissist would find jokes about being a narcissist funny??

• So I guess Derek Zoolander is totally out of the question @cuddles4bliss

• @Kense Not since he learned to turn left.

• @cuddles4bliss
    I'm so glad you feel that way. I was born devastatingly attractive, but my parents sold their home to pay for cosmetic surgery so that I would fit in with the other kids at school.

Unfortunately, I think they went a bit too far. At my last birthday party, all my school friends turned to stone when they looked at me.

@geoff1000 at least you have a sense of humor 😜❤️

• [Deleted User]takestwo (deleted user)

@cuddles4bliss I appreciate all your comments and they tell me you are a wonderful person.

• I think I have a valid reason ... My wife would kill me if somehow it got back to her .

• @thebook
    You should hope she isn't also on here.
    "If you like Pina Colada.. . ."

A German long-distance lorry driver had a bad experience, when he decided to call in a brothel at the end of a week of driving, and found his wife working there.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

Pictures are just that: an image of oneself.
    Inherent in this thread is the value judgement that not posting a picture of oneself or even offering it is unreasonable and hence there is no reason not to. And if there is a reason not to post or offer a picture it has to be valid. Whatever valid means.

A picture is probably one of the safest images one can share of oneself. Especially to establish trust and comfort. Sometimes even to be relatable. Depending on what matters most to you. But it isn't the only one. Voice is another form of identity. The voice can also be used to establish safety and security with someone.

So is or are there valid reasons not to share a picture of oneself?
    Sure there are. Some of them have already been mentioned: self consciousness, privacy, insecurity and personal and job safety.

Is it anyone's business that another doesn't post or share a picture of themselves? Especially if that person is not charging money for his or her service? I don't think so. To each his own.

If it matters so much to you to exchange pictures for your personal safety and comfort then move on to the next person who does share. Or completely avoid or ghost the person who declines or ignored your request for one. Moving on!

I'm a very picture averse person. I don't share my pictures with just anyone. I just don't. I have way too much lose at this point in my life. I just will not put myself out there like that. I just won't. Every piece of me I guard with my life. Any image of me that gets into the wrong hands will be seriously detrimental to me. So I endeavor to avoid sharing with just anyone. Hence I don't and won't ever again post any more pictures of myself in any social media platform.

And again I will only share with people I truly trust. That means very few people to no one. Because trust takes time to build and very very very few folks have that kind of time and patience. So I just don't bother. It's why I don't care for cuddles with new people anymore. I'm not amused. It's just not appealing.

I'd honestly rather go cuddle with myself than bother especially when it comes picture exchanges. I'd choose to forgo a potential cuddle experience than share an image of myself. My life, my livelihood and my peace of mind matters far more to me. Just saying!

• @Bles, well said. Some people will never understand or perhaps are incapable of understanding the need for privacy for some of us. Frankly, it’s probably best not to allow those cuddlers into your world at all. However, I’m thankful that women like @cuddles4bliss and others certainly get it.

• @Lucas_ As long as you can accept the need of some people to be safe and not accept those with no photo. It is, after all. A two way street.

• edited March 2020

@FunCartel , that’s the beautiful part - No one has to accept anything or anyone’s point of view. We can simply move on.

• I'm trying to decide if Bles is Hillary Clinton or Meghan Markle. 😀
    Either way, we should respect everyone's choice of privacy.

• [Deleted User]LucidDreams84 (deleted user)

Don't ya think certain aspects of your privacy go out the window when you join a site where you either pay to cuddle a stranger or willfully cuddle a stranger you think you know through messaging? Let's not be naive here.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

@LucidDreams84 Great point! In this world, there is hardly any privacy anymore. Everything I Google is recorded and used to sell me something whether or not I want or like it. Even my SMS messages are archived somewhere. My credit/ debit card information is held permanently by Amazon and other sellers and their agents.

So the risks to one's privacy is not only inherent in social media alone. Your point is well understood.

It's really about degree. How much more do you want to expose yourself? How much more risk do you wish to take when you have some choice? It may mean very little to most. But it's worth giving some thought.

• Restating some long-time CC wisdom and practices:

@FunCartel said: "I send a pic on my first message as I stated in my previous post. Deceptive would be to send no pic or a pic by someone else. "

@Morpheus said: "There are valid reasons not to post a personal picture on the site but if a potential cuddle buddy wants to see a pic, there’s really no reason to not send him or her a pic privately."

• There is no real privacy unless you want to become a hermit and live in a cave surviving on lichen and grubs. Every time you go out in public, people see you and form opinions based on how you are dressed, what you look like, and what you are doing. You can be caught on CCTV almost anywhere. Every transaction you make with a credit card is recorded. Your cellphone and most likely your car knows where you are and where you have been. People have been snatched in supermarket parking lots, raped and murdered. You could argue that the internet is safer because there is a record of every interaction and there are many safeguards you can implement.

• “In this game that we’re playing, we can’t win. Some kinds of failure are better than other kinds, that’s all.”
    -Winston Smith

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

I tried to post a picture but kept getting "error" messages. I resized it, cropped it, changed the file type-- nuthin'! So, until I can figure out why my pictures won't work on the site, I'll be picture-less :( Guess I'll just have to charm my Cuddle Buddies with my Beautiful Mind! lol

• Yeah i don't write people that don't have a picture of themselves

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

Even though it may seem hypocritical, I can't say that I blame you for not wanting to contact people who haven't posted photos. I've set my perimeters to "with picture"--why? Because seeing a person is a part of "reading" him or her. I feel sad that I haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong in trying to post my picture (I'm rather cute, I've been told. AND that I "smell incredible"), so I'm somewhat stumped.
    That being said, and having lived for quite some time, it's a delight for me that there's a "lid for every pot," and that even if I don't live up to (or down to) societal standards for beauty, there are ALWAYS a few that find me attractive enough to want to cuddle me! That's happy and encouraging whenever I think about it! :)
    I'm still working at it, though, because I would like---very much---to give to others the benefit of seeing the person with whom they are communicating, while I TOTALLY intend to "snare" them with my witty banter until then! lol
    Imajen

@takestwo thank you for your appreciation! I am sorry I didn’t see this sooner ❤️

Also thank you @Lucas_ 💋