Is this a cuddle site or a dating site

Comments

• Someone on here said they were specifically looking for a non-sexual date. Sounds reasonable behaviour on a platonic site.

• I've been in lurker mode for a while because I took a second job and have been working 7 days a week. Thought I'd chime in to remind you all I'm still around. Plus I didn't want to miss my chance to say something controversial and potentially upset some people here to separate the trolls from the zealots.

Some 8 months ago someone posted a survey with a couple of options. I pressed dating as the answer, and then you get to see the results. 24 people responded with various answers, but only 1 (4%) chose "dating". I guess I was the only one to choose that. I have had a lot of time to reflect on that and finally concluded, I'm here to date.

You see, I'm asexual. Whereas sex is most people's intimacy endgame, the holiest of holies, being half of a human pretzel is as intimate as I am comfortable with. Some people might be ok with a one-night casual cuddle, but before you can play my version of Candy Crush, you're going to have to wine/dine me a little. Or at the very least just sit down and have a conversation before you can wear me like a corset. (P.S. I don't put out on the first date, but here's a list I am comfortable with).

Being sapio-sensual, I have intimacy issues with strangers. You can't just message me and be like, "Hi, let's cuddle." Treating me like a piece of meat for you to tenderize is a big turn off. I need to get to know someone before I am comfortable with that, you know, some emotional foreplay to get the snuggle juices going. I'm pretty timid and cautious at first, but once the canoodle part of my brain gets stroked just right and starts purring, WATCH OUT! I will nuzzle you into a coma. (The Surgeon General should probably tattoo a warning on me).

I have tried embracing strangers, but that hasn't been working out. Ultimately I'd love to find a long term partner. Friends with Benefits isn't quite the right context, does Associates with Amenities sound better?

• Good to hear from you @DonLonG . I like the way you are so yourself.

• Yeah I think that looking for a romantic non-sexual relationship or a totally platonic partnership is quite reasonable on this website - especially when you consider that some asexual people don't even like kissing or making out. This could be a great resource for the asexual and aromantic communities!

• @DonLonG " does Associates with Amenities sound better?"

Your a master at verbal photoshop as well!! lol

• How about compadres with kickbacks?
    buddy with bonuses
    pal with privileges
    ally with advantages

• @DonLonG ~ Your writings are such a joy to read! Among other things, "... before you can play my version of Candy Crush", "... before you can wear me like a corset." and "... nuzzle you into a coma." are some of the best nuggets ever!

Really though, the overall way you've described how you relate to being asexual and sapio-sensual ~ are just perfect!!! It's not an easy way to be, can be hard for others to understand and ultimately is lonely sometimes ~ but it provides for plenty of material for us to approach with levity and twist with humor.

Hooray for the tortured comedic artisans!

PS ~ I'm stealing your iliteration!
    "Associates with Amenities"
    So many ways that could play... I love it!!!

I'm also using:
    Cuddle Bubble Buddy and
    Up and Coming - Contemporary Cuddle Companion Champion (because ~ goals!)

• LOL @snuggleme123 & @quixotic_life

You guys are awesome. Gave me an idea to come up with the ABC's of nicknames. Got stuck at "J", can anyone think of a J or K?

• Accommodating Angel
    • Blanket Bosom Bestie
    • Cordial Canoodling Co-Conspirator
    • Discrete Diplomat of Desire
    • Embracing Entourage
    • Fondle Friend
    • Grappling Groping Groupie
    • Hug Homie
    • Intimate Intermediary
    • Platonic Pleasure Playmate
    • Puddle of Prude Physical Partners
    • Sensual Soul Sister
  • edited August 2020

@DonLonG ~ Kindred Knoodler!

Edit: Oh wait... you already have Canoodling...
    How about ~ Kindred Kindnesses?

• @DonLonG
    Juxtaposed Jelly/Jello jitter-mates...?

• Oh those are great @DonLonG 😂😂

• Jovial Jester?

• Jammy Jewel
    Kick-it Kin

• Good to see you writing again, @DonLonG B)

• Kiddyish Knuddel

• This is a platonic dating site. I have run across those who go on it for dating purposes. Many go off after awhile and delete their account.

• This is absolutely, most definitely a cuddle site

• [Deleted User]verona (deleted user)

I have only had one cuddle partner who had anger issues try using cc as a dating site. Not sure if he’s still on here but hopefully not.

• There are tons of dating sites. This site makes it clear that it is cuddle connection only. If someone were to ask me out, which has happened, I politely tell them that isn’t what I’m here for. I’m hoping that soon the cuddle world will be looked at for what it really is, therapeutic.

• This is supposed to be safe space for people to find a cuddle partner without expectation of anything more. It doesn't mean that feelings can't develop. As long as people aren't trying to use this as a dating site. You don't expect to find a date at Walmart, but it doesn't mean it can't happen.

• If I find a date at Walmart something went very wrong (for one thing I ended up in a walmart somehow) lol

• @NightShift39 but what if you find the date at samsclub?

• Then my selected cleaners will know I have been kidnapped and put contingency alpha into play. Lmao

• @introvme - That looks like a person drowning.

• Sorry it's just that I've WORKED for walmart so getting me to go into one voluntarily is ... difficult lol

• Neither. Unfortunately It's morphed into just a forum of chit chat.

• @MrFirefighter - Welcome to a global pandemic when cuddling random strangers isn't safe.

• Cuddle site though with some of the awesome beings I've encountered here I can certainly see why people might wish it was otherwise.