Snuggle Buddies review: The WORST cuddle company

Comments

• [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    TSB must be taken down asap. You guys should talk to an attorney and see what you can do about that fool Evan.
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    I've heard a few rumblings about legal action but I don't know if anything is concrete. I'll help if I'm able. My satisfaction will come from him having to pay up and possibly face jail time for breaking his contractual obligations. He was a dick to me, but I'm most wanting his former employees to get justice, as well as anyone who prepaid with the intent of half going to the lady, only to find out Evan pocketed it all.

As for that hateful screen shot, two sayings come to mind. The first is "where there is smoke, there is fire" and the second being "you reap what you sow." One or two people calling you out could potentially be a case of sour grapes, but when that number reaches double digits, that's some serious traction. And in an age where every little thing can be screen captured and shared with the entire planet, I have no idea why he thought he'd ever be able to get away with that kind of shameful behavior. He will never be able to deny what you see before you with your very eyes.
  • Evan actually got my review taken down and all the other snugglers he has scammed (as of now I know of 6). Apperently if you work for a company you are forbidden from writing a Yelp review so Evan reported it and took it down. This is disgusting and has to stop. :(
    edited August 2016
    Yelp has a weird filtering system and moves reviews to "not currently recommended", but yeah, yours was taken down Buffy and I think it's stupid. I thought it was Yelp's policy that business owners couldn't get legitimate reviews removed. I would try posting again without the screen shot of the text conversation and see what happens. There are still reviews showing on the front page from former employees so I'm thinking they have some issue with the posting of personal conversations since the racist email was removed as well. That's OK because I definitely preserved that little nugget! I also reported his fake review under his "Keelatye L." sock account in which he gave it 5 stars, praising the business and its "Harvard graduate" owner. It was so blatantly transparent that Yelp, fortunately, saw right through it and took it down as well. For a con artist he's ridiculously easy to spot.
    Aaaand now he's started a separate website for Canada. Wow. Not shady in the least. =o

http://thesnugglebuddies.ca/index.php/benefits/
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I've cuddled with three girls from snugglebuddies. All them were amazing. I never heard them say anything negative about Evan. However, I always felt he came off a bit odd in his e mails to me.
  • [Deleted User]silky_sifaka (deleted user)
    I'm really glad this thread exists, very useful.
    edited October 2016
    @Morpheus give them time. One thing I always noticed was a very high turnover rate. I initially blew it off as discomfort with the clientele, which may have played a part, but with all the "I wasn't paid" and overall hostility stories out there, the picture becomes much more clear. The ladies who are fortunate enough to have clients who pay them directly aren't likely to see what's going on until someone books who pays Evan online. He behaved oddly toward me as well even before the blowup. I once emailed to thank him for the service he was providing and he responded, "Why are you telling me this?" I guess that should have been an early warning sign.

@silky_sifaka I couldn't agree more. I'm very grateful to Buffy for having started this discussion and for finding the thread upon my arrival here. I feel terrible for anyone going through this right now.
  • Most of the people that work there are nice (most, being key). But dude is a dick. For someone that suffered through depression (and he still does) and knowing the value of cuddling, he's doing it the wrong way. And women should not be scared of him. He isn't going to do anything. So you don't get this "job", so what? You really weren't getting paid anyways. He doesn't "vet" anyone or make sure the person who is seeing you isn't awful. You could just post an ad on Craigslist than use him and pay his 50% finder's fee.
    As for a lawsuit, it makes sense. You just contact the state attorney and have it looked into. You have rights, use it. Don't be scared or knock it off so he continues doing what he does. Get it shut down. 
    As for the fetish site, eh, smart idea on his end. He took the masturbation part down, though. I DO think it probably is illegal, but then again, with fetishes, there is always that sense of getting a release anyways. And I also think it is important, in the sense of healing. Such a shame Americans are prudes in this one area. And here is my WAY it is important. You grow up in church or even have conservative parents who say masturbation is evil and wrong and bad. You go to hell, blah blah. So you have this bad idea already about it (like one may have with cuddling and being touched). How amazing would it be to have someone who cares just coach you into doing it and saying it is ok, it is natural and enjoy.

edited October 2016
    Interesting perspective, Jacob and I enjoyed reading it. I've suffered through depression myself and have had times when I've said or done things I wish I could take back. In Evan's case, as a business owner, that's going to be a tough road. He must forget that we're living in 2016 where screen captures are a regular thing. It's killing his credibility and making him look like an unbalanced, hateful lunatic which may not be that far from reality given what we've seen. Now the not paying employees thing, that's inexcusable on every level. A joint lawsuit would be a thing of beauty. As for the fetishes, I agree should be relatively harmless, especially foot fetish. I think the issue is that it makes the cuddle business look shady as its side component. That and the offer of domination sessions is pretty dangerous. If a lot of these women come from soccer mom backgrounds, they're unlikely to even know what that entails. So OK, pick up a paddle and spank someone's rear end with it, but don't be surprised when you injure them with it because of the inexperience factor. That's grounds for trouble. I've noticed Evan trying to do some degree of damage control because he's obviously aware that people are talking. I think what he's ultimately going to find out, however, is that his track record is not one that's going to see his ventures survive long term. He has only himself to blame and I don't feel sorry for him in the least. Sometimes a bully messes with the wrong people.

P.S. If I came off as snide in any way, truly not my intent. You offered good feedback. :)
  • Appreciate you writing back. Not sure if maybe my message isn't too clear, but am not making excuses at all for his actions, depression or not. As a business owner, if ever feeling those emotions, one needs to stop away. And as he knows the feeling those seeking his business may suffer, the whole point of his creation as the website says is because everyone needs to be touched and loved on, so he is not providing what he wants to offer at all. 
    As for the domination session, why would a soccer mom sign up to do that if she has no experience and doesn't know what she is doing? Seems like a huge risk on her part. They are allowed to sign up for 3 different fetish extremes. If one isn't comfortable doing the spanking and what not, they just don't sign up for that level to work.
    And it's lazy damage control. If he really wants to do damage control he would do what is right and then show proof. But his venture is going to survive because naive people will continue to sign up and guys looking for company will continue to pay. It's been around for a bit. Only way to really kill it is, God forbid, but a CraigsList type thing where someone gets hurt.

edited October 2016
    No worries, Jacob. I understood what you were saying about the depression angle. I was just stating from experience how depression can make you behave in odd ways but you're right, it doesn't excuse his actions at all. I guess the domination thing could attract the naive, in theory, if they think it's the same as spanking their kids on the behind or some lame example like that. Otherwise, correct, no reason for them to be messing with that. Curiously enough, I've noticed a lot of those women signed up for all 3 tiers so they'd do well to know something about it or that's no good. I'm on the side of if this venture survives, it's more or less going to be because law enforcement doesn't bother investigating. If it can be proven that he's been stealing funds from the people working for him, then it has serious traction. I'm hoping for it, since otherwise naive people will continue to be ripped off.
  • It starts with people actually doing something about it other than shrug their shoulders, complain, but go on their way.
    Now that, my friend, I agree with wholeheartedly. Action trumps words every time.
  • Thanks for the heads up! I have been cuddling for 2 years now, mostly off craigslist and now just started making cuddle site profiles, so thank you! lol, saved me forsure.
    edited October 2016
    @Brandi Yes indeed. If anyone here enjoys being insulted, threatened, robbed or sexually objectified by Mr. Creepy's cuddle consortium, by all means please continue. Otherwise, please check out this review where he was, once again, abusive to an employee and would not hire her friend unless that friend sent him nude photos of herself. That P.O.S. desperately needs a long prison stay.

A 1 star review of The Snuggle Buddies by . ..:
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-snuggle-buddies-marlton?hrid=axzMOKDMLYuZ03NewKFNVQ&utm_source=oshare&ref=yelp-android
  • I don't see the review where he asked for a nude photo.
    edited October 2016
    You have to scroll down to the bottom where it says there are "8 reviews that are not currently recommended" because Yelp has a weird filtering system. Once you click on that, it's the top review from 9/27/16, though I recommend reading the rest of those reviews as well. I noticed, after the fact, that the link I provided won't take you directly to the review unless you use the Yelp app. Google itself just takes you to the main reviews page, for some reason.
  • [Deleted User]CrossFitNCake (deleted user)
    I've used TSB twice to snuggle with young women while unbuttoning their cardigans. The first one I had to buy the cardigans for and the 2nd one, named Janay, bought one herself. I have tried to get in touch with the new ones but as everyone says Evan is just ignoring my requests. 
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    ^^???
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    edited March 2017
    How that website is still up is beyond me. There is obvious prostitution and scamming going on with a good number of cuddlers. There's also a foot fetish website associated with it. 
  • @Cuddlebandit
    While I agree that site totally sucks...I have seen a couple of really nice snugglers on that site who I would have never met otherwise since they didn't know about cuddlecomfort.  Its not all prostitutes or scams.....now the owner, yah he's a jerk.  But not all the snuggler pros on there are.

• I think that a class action lawsuit is clearly in order.
    edited March 2017
    I keep hearing about people wanting to do something about it but nothing ever seems to come of it... at least nothing that has come to light publicly. Like Jacob said in an earlier post, action is the only thing that will get Evan shut down. He has a few cuddlers who have stuck around from the very start, so I don't know if there's some sort of weird "protected" angle going on there where they're immune to the scamming (or in on it with him), but the rest are a rotating cast. Evan even began posing as "Jeff" in some of his discussions with cuddlers and clients in order to make it appear as though he has partners, and the conversations ended in the same predictable, unprofessional, profanity-laced manner. So either everyone who works in management there is a psychotic, or he actually believes he's not as blatantly transparent as a freshly cleaned window.
  • VIPirate, you just answered a question I was wondering about. Last cuddler I ever met from TSB mentioned talking on the phone with "Jeff" and I was wondering who the heck that was. Thought Evan must be staffing up. LOL
    edited March 2017
    My guess is that he must think pretending to have partners makes him appear more legitimate, and gives him someone imaginary to blame when the bad behavior starts. It's pretty obvious it's all Evan, though. If anyone were to run a business, and their own personal "Jeff" was driving clients and employees away on a constant basis, "Jeff" would be fired. The only Jeff is the one that Evan concocted in the interesting little world he's created in his head.
  • Holy moly. With outfits like TSB out there I can see why Mark is so careful with the rules in the professionals agreement here. 
  • The best I can say about Evan is that he is a very, very bad businessman.  I believe TSB was one of the first cuddle sites  ...  and I have cuddled with a few of their ladies in the past, and most were really nice.  But I have had trouble scheduling sessions recently, and his "requirement" that you "pre-pay" IMHO, is driving away lots of potential business.  And I've also heard several ladies complain that when they initially signed up, even though the men paid Evan in advance, that either he was late in making sure they got paid, or sometimes they never got their share at all.  Not a way to run a business.

• i think the problem is that platonic cuddling is still not reputed to be a legitimate service. If it was anything else, the victims would have been able to take legal action and this scumbag would be behind bars. 
    edited March 2017
    Someone under the alias "LemonTreeFrog" tried recruiting strippers to TSB a few years ago. I highly suspect it to be another of Evan's fake profiles. It starts off innocently enough, but takes an incredibly entertaining turn once the ladies there begin to realize that something is fishy. The initial response by Naida, on page 3, is one of the most epic things that I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I couldn't stop grinning after reading the way she dissected the entire thing to the letter. =D

https://dev.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?200058-40-per-hour-Snuggling