Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• [Deleted User]cntrydance68 (deleted user)
    By the way, I'm not opposed to seeing a professional.  Let's just not make money the focus of our time.  It spoils it for me personally.
  • [Deleted User]luckypapi (deleted user)
    Move all the professionals into a paid version of the site. If you want to be a pro and have access to people willing to pay, you should maybe pay a monthly fee to have access to clients. That would weed out the fake pros. 
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Professional cuddlers already pay 15% of our total fee to the website (which I think is fair and I have no problem paying that). 

I agree there here should be some symbol for people who are willing to and unwilling to pay, like professionals have. Because the irrational hatred toward professional cuddlers has gotten pretty lame. A lot of people I've spoken with agree. 

If if someone doesn't want to pay, fine. People are willing to pay, that is fine too. But if you don't like the idea of professional cuddlers don't engage with them or hire them. It's easy. 

Separate forums would be great. 
    @cntrydance68 this site has pros that charge and non pros that aren't supposed to charge. If you come across non pros that are charging, please report them to the admin @Mark I've seen several pros and all of my sessions have been amazing. I highly recommend professional cuddlers but do have a lot of advice which I would happily share if you're ever interested.

@luckipapi I think the answer is just reporting the non pros that are charging. I don't think there should be separate version of the site.

@fireandblue pros feel there is irrational hatred directed at them by clients and clients feel there is irrational hatred directed at them by pros. It's a two way street and a situation that we should work on resolving.
  • [Deleted User]luckypapi (deleted user)
    I don't have a problem with a real pro. Someone who has been reviewed and knows what they are doing.  I have an issue with the instant pro. That knows nothing about the lifestyle and assumes it's an easy buck. This site seems FULL of them. I feel like they should have like a good number of site references/reviews before they achieve pro status or something.  
    @luckypapi I do think that the karma/review system on here needs work. People are afraid to leave anything less than 5 stars out of fear of retaliation. My personal suggestion was to completely remove karma from all non professionals and having reviews solely for pros.
    Maybe it's being referred to using the word "pro". 

we aren't hookers.

6 different professional cuddlers, plus myself, all of us pretty much hate being called a "pro"
    edited April 2017
    What would you suggest as a better word? I personally don't like the word pro either. I however don't relate the word Pro in Pro cuddler to hooker LOL I generally refer to professional cuddlers as paid cuddlers.
     Oxytocin Facilitater, Cuddle Expert, Snuggle Therapist...  anything besides Pro 

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    @FireAndBlue I get what you're saying, so my apologies for using pro so much. It's just what I've become used to since joining. I would hope that people here wouldn't associate you or others with hookers. Personally, I like cuddle companion, so I may try that one for awhile. :)
    Oh snap, Cuddle Companion, that's outstanding.
  • @FireAndBlue. Dear Fire. I soooooooooooo do not like the word pro, you may of noted, I try never to use PRO or Prostitute or hooker, (a person of the night or working person) and for paid cuddle people ( working cuddle buddy, cuddle therapist, Touch therapist. ) can we get an some more Idea's.
    A new standard is needed.
    Love you from John. Auckland NZ.
    My webpage I've set up to facilitate the mid Atlantic people for face to face cuddle get-togethers is called SnuggleCompainions.com

my email is SnuggleCompanions@gmail.com

I definitely approve of companion, already using it. 

@VIPirate and @funandadventure ... hugs!
  • edited April 2017
    @luckypapi A different site for Pros was a consideration once but it wouldn't actually solve the issue of rogue Pros. Even with a separate website you would still have rogue Pros signing up on this website because of the access to the membership. They did it before we had a Pro system in place, they do it now and if we had a separate website they would still do it.

What we have currently is a pathway for them to sign up legitimately and the vast majority do that. Once they are tagged as Pro, members can choose to not see them by using the option on their search filters and they can also avoid the Pro sub-forum. So in that sense there is some level of separation.

But just like scammers, perverts and anyone else that breaks the terms and conditions, rogue Pros will always be an unavoidable issue. This is why if you see a Pro who is not tagged as a Pro please report them and then the account will be suspended until a possible resolution.
    edited April 2017
    "Cuddle companion". ?? !

To describe a therapist, or healer, sounds too leisurely , or recreational
    @sparkyblue-eyes a dr is a healer and a psychiatrist is a therapist. We can't put a cuddler in the same category as the above.
    Morpheus I agree
    So, do most agree Cuddle Companion is better than "pro"?

I think it sounds more respectful and mutual respect is what we all seem to be looking for.  Paid or unpaid, i've seen a theme of everyone wanting to feel respected and have their needs met and feelings validated throughout a number of threads. 

When I chose Snuggle Companions for the name of my email and webpage that was what I had in mind, a word that was equalizing and sounded kind and welcoming.  
    edited April 2017
    @FireAndBlue what I liked about Cuddle Companion when I brought it up was that it seemed to be a natural extension of the site name, Cuddle Comfort. I appreciate the positive feedback I've received. Thank you all! :)

P.S. I agree that the Snuggle Companions name you chose gives off an air of equality and that's most welcome.
    edited April 2017
    Snuggle companion or cuddle companion are far better than Pro. I still say though that I don't think the term, pro is any kinda disrespectful.
    @VIPirate I'm grateful to know that there are men like you and some others here that have really honed listening and communication skills to hear past their own needs and experience and are able to hear others. 

It's really refreshing and shows a tremendous amount of emotional maturity.  Sometimes it doesn't matter if one person thinks something is disrespectful or not, but hearing beyond themselves when someone *else* brings that to a forum or discussion and respects it. 

Plus... that Maryland cool kid club. ;)

VIPirate is my local buddy. 
    edited April 2017
    @FireAndBlue Thank you, I certainly try. And yay local buddies! Representing this very tiny state over here. ;)
  • All the substitute terms I've seen except paid cuddler could just as easily be applied to a non-professional as to a professional cuddler.  It seems to me that a clear distinction should be made between the two, so there is no confusion as to who we are talking about.  I agree with @Morpheus that no disrespect should be associated with the term 'pro' which is short for the term professional.  As a matter of fact, the term 'professional' in almost every field has a lot of prestige associated with it.  Until a more distinguishing term comes along, I'll continue to use 'pro' with no disrespect intended.
    Jim
  • Dear All. so Cuddle buddy means non paying friends and Cuddle Companion means paying friends.
    Have I got that right.
    By the way @Morpheus a fun correction, A doctor is an MD and a psychiatrist is an MD but a psycologist it a therapist, MD's can write pascripitions, Therapist's can not, But i might add Psychiatrist's and Psycologist's complete the same papers only one is an MD and the other is not.
    We have very,very heated discussions about what we call them and get it wrong, you will know all about it.
    It is a pride thing, Patch had some things to say, my hero Patch Addams.
    Love you all John Auckland NZ.
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    Does the Blocking feature like not work here? I am very upset that people I've Blocked still visit my profile. What gives? 
  • It's purpose is to block people from messaging you. I suppose it should ideally block profiles entirely.
  • I don't much like the term 'cuddle buddy' because it denotes cuddling with a male friend, and I am pretty unlikely to do that.  I'd never call a woman bud, so why would I call her buddy?  I may be old fashioned and am very resistant to change in the language, but i guess that is part of who I am.  I always use 'partner' instead of 'buddy', that way there is no reference to gender.
    ♥Jim
  • @I_am_Polylover Dear Jim, Well put that man.
    Love John and his trees, Auckland NZ
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    Hey Poly, I prefer "Cuddle Friend" and for a professional, "Cuddle Pro". 
  • It has already been said that a way to 'like' posts would be a good thing, and I just wanted to reiterate that, along with  saying that I'd like to see the distance along with the name and town, without having to open the actual profile when searching for members.  This would be especially pertinent for places like Los Angeles which cover a very large area.  Distance for some of us is very important.