Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• Here’s an idea, what if it were possible to see what karma cuddles have given. Benefit you ask? Let’s say there is a cuddler i trust and want to know the experiences they’ve had with a cuddler, i can got to the trusted cuddler and see based on who they’ve given karma.

• @ubergigglefritz 2ft x 3ft and no more than 48 inches in height

• Would it be possible for us all to get a site-wide notice before the site is shut down for maintenance? I was concerned when this happened last time because I was in the middle of scheduling with someone. If we can get more notice when the site needs to be repaired we can plan around it.

• @ubergigglefritz apparently there is a limit. Some folks have mentioned getting an error like "this user's mailbox is full" when sending messages. That must be overwhelming to receive so much attention, even if were all positive - like a celebrity getting mobbed by fans. With better crowd control they might be more inclined to stay.

That's not my world either, so I'm just speculating on the reasons a new user might end up with a full mailbox and then leave. Maybe some of the messages were inappropriate, but all of them?

@littermate I agree, absolutely report them but it seems like a losing battle when banned users just make new accounts and new members come in with the same misconceptions (or disregard) for the sites purpose. My thinking was that starting out muted would give new members a chance to get their bearings before having to deal with that.

Just offering ideas... I haven't heard these mentioned before.

• edited January 2020

Maintenance shutdowns usually last just a few minutes. They typically relate to how we are evolving the website and are not planned days ahead or at regular intervals. We do try to do it between 2am and 9am PST to minimise impact.

But I think the other day we did it outside that typical window and it lasted a little longer than expected.

• Isn't that 5am to noon for eastern? That's prime email time for many people, lol.

• It's evening time in the UK, but there aren't many of us.

• @a8365 great idea. Or making new peeps watch a video before becoming active.

• edited January 2020

@ubergigglefritz It's not scientific - just a mix of what works well on my side and in California (most users). Definitely earlier in that window the better.

• I kind of wish the social section of the first page kept the threads i was participating wit. Personally if the ones I’ve been interacting with stayed on the first page it hold save me a tap and some scrolling.

• Could the length of time the account is muted be extended? I don't want to deactivate because I like to read the forum. It would be nice if I could choose the length of time I want to be muted.

• [Deleted User]harleyquinn704 (deleted user)

I like pictures too and I like a picture right away. I feel if someone wont show you what they look like they don't want the cops to know who to look for when you go missing. So safety for one and also if someone has a mean face in the photo thats a no. you can tell a lot from eyes. I need to see the person I am planning to be snuggling with not because they need to be a super model but because it will make me more comfortable.

• @BlueIris that is a FABULOUS idea!!! I've often wondered that.

• When you upload a photo, it would be GREAT if you could select an area to be the thumbnail.

So many peoples photos (especially on the main page, of new people)... are of the top of their head. (Or their torso...) , or just REALLY zoomed in. Because of the way it formats a rectangular photo to the square box.

(of course have it so you can't have it a really tiny box, otherwise thumbnails would appear pixelated)

ie

• It would be great to see my faves on a map...

• Still begging for a 150 mile filter!

• (Hi - Moderators - please feel free to put this discussion where it should go - I know there was a previous thread on site improvements and ideas, but I can't find it. Otherwise, I'd have tagged this along to it. )

I think using a different set of distances in the search would be helpful.
    Currently we have 5, 20, 50, 80, 100, 200, and 300 miles away as options. The first 3 or four of those all serve the interest of the cuddler looking for a local partner either in the city or within a fair drive...The latter few options, all speak to further travel - the kind that we suggest a road trip, but perhaps not a flight.

Maybe the general cuddler (who I admit I may not know the practices of) is primarily concerned with:
    who's in my city, who's a short trip away, who's maybe an hour or two away, who's a short flight or long bus ride away, and who's in my region....

That seems to suggest to me mile markers more like: 10, 30, 60, 120, 200, 250, 350, 400

Also, for those of us who may travel, or favor using a broad search to prioritize other features over proximity - a chance to see our favorites list represented on a map, even with with just a profile pic (that links to each profile) with a pin to the location would be cool.

• @Mark I think it may have been brought up before but I couldn't find it in my searches. I think having a mute feature for forum threads would be a great feature and really help clean up the clutter so you wouldn't have to scroll through past numerous threads that you may not have an interest in reading. Thanks again for all the great effort here.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

Is it possible for the moderators to also arbitrarily delete threads that while not extreme in violating site policy do not necessarily reflect the values and general interests of the site and it's members?

And can a member who has threads s/he has written and feels is of no value or service to the community specially request that the moderators delete them permanently?

Under what circumstances could a member make such a request?

And does deleting one's account automatically erases the threads written under that account or merely hides it from public view?

I'm very curious and interested to know the answers to the above questions.

I'm a huge fan of having the individual feature of silencing discussion threads. As long as any algorithms used to make that feature available and usable do not inadvertently discriminate against or shut out others. But I'm in full support of it.

• Is there a way to check who has blocked you ? I couldn't see one, but there is a way to check who you have blocked.

• edited June 2020

@Mark ,

What’s the maximum a cuddler can charge?

• @geoff1000 ,

There is a section which tells you who you are currently booked with, pending bookings and past bookings.

• @Lev136
    "blocked" not booked. I have tried messaging some people, and only then found out that they have blocked me.

• edited June 2020

@geoff1000 ,

I’ve had that too!! In many cases, pep who have never spoken to me before.

• @Lev136 There isn't really a maximum but any abnormally high rates will get the attention of the moderators. It's a red flag.

• Demi Moore charged $1 million, although that was non-platonic and fictitious.

• @Lev136, it may have something to do with what's in your profile. Myself, when looking at a profile, in my search area, if I see they are a smoker, do drugs or want to drink wine/booze while cuddling, I will block them so when I do another search later on, there profile will not show up. Also the ones that will not reply back, I block, no need to see there profile.
    Also when I see they have not been on the site in 8-12 months, that tells me they are not really interested in cuddling.
    WOW, sounds like a block a lot, LOL, I do.

• @waynewv ,

I don’t die drugs and dint drink much. I’m a bit older, so it could be that. You

• Blocking ptevents any communication, of any sort, so it is a bit serious. A person who "will not reply" might be just temporarily off-line.

Maybe we need an "un favourite" category, so people appear below a line when searching.

• I wish this website had a video chat function. I always require a video chat to screen new clients before meeting them, it would be a lot easier to do the video chat right away and see if they were a good fit for me before figuring out the logistics and making a booking and giving them my number.