Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• @TxTom That seems to happen on friends page too.
    @Jova114 Great Idea. I can only see a response to me if it pops up while I’m online. Otherwise I just have to read all recent comments. A lot of people do miss seeing comments to them, I believe.

• @CuddleHugs01234
    Exactly
    I only see when someone replies to me but I have to be in the discussion thread for some reason

• @Jova114 - I was thinking the same!

• @Jova114 i like that idea. People seem apprehensive that this is a scam when they join. It’s understandable as it’s a new idea/emerging community. Another site Im on just required everyone show photo ID. I am happy to do so. Now everyone I talk to knows I am not a catfish. I got really tired of trying to convince people I’m not a catfish(even recommending a zoom call, which I always do on here too.)

• I would like to have this site tailored more towards me.
    I dont care about the rest of you, but when I am blocked by a random member who didnt like my page at first look, CC needs to send and alert to everyones page similar to an amber alert saying my feelings have been abducted by user such and such.
    The only way the alert stops is if I can go to my page and friend myself so I know I will be ok.
    CC make it happen and I just may leave a review on facebook meta for you! Written by AI of course, I'm a busy busy busy man

• @krissyjae
    Yeah it's a good safeguard to make sure everyone is who they say they are and are doing what they say they will do.
    Anyone doesn't oblige gives a sense of suspicion

• I wish there was a way to vote on a thread like this one, and organize it via most popular votes. Kind of like the Reddit thumbs up/down options but just for an improvement thread like this. The site devs could see the most popular pressing site changes that others would like to see implemented. Maybe have a top 10 list stickied and linked to the votes. Every time it’s implemented it moves off the list entirely.

• Okay, hear me out. GPS trackers on the person coming to the host. Like door dash. I’m aware of the problems and hazards. My cuddler is lost. Lol

• @stormydaycuddle - How do you get lost in the age of smart phones and Google Maps?

• @Mike403 Do you remember the early days of Apple Maps? It sent people down railroad tracks. It sent people down rivers. It sent people into the Australian outback.

• Once you have viewed someone’s profile and are not interested be able to remove from searches so doesn’t reappear.

• @WestsideMarc People block all the time, for that purpose.

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• Not necessarily a problem, but I logged into my account on all my Favorites are suddenly out of order. This, or any other account anomaly, happen to anyone else?

• @TxTom Yep. Mine are all scrambled too 😕

• @TxTom @MissX Mine are in reverse order. I like it better. It opens on the last favorite I saved and goes from current to past favorites. That's how it should be.

• [Deleted User]Hugginsworth (deleted user)

If you block someone, does it remove your profile from their searches as well?

• edited September 2023

@Hugginsworth Yes, they cannot view your profile or see you in searches. However, they can still see everything you post on the message board (anyone on the internet can, including non-members), and read Karma you leave for others. To ensure blocks are fully effective, go into Settings and toggle this option on:

~ Sunset Snuggles

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that, but it's on now.

• I threw this suggestion out in a different thread as an aside, but since this thread is more relevant I'll add it here too (although it may have already been suggested - this is a long thread haha).

Is there a feature (or could one be potentially added at some point) so that users can subscribe to an email to get a summary of local activity? So let's say in my case, I'd love to be able to go into settings and say, "Send me an alert (daily/weekly/monthly/etc.) that tells me how many people have logged in and/or joined the community since the last alert - either all users or a subset of users that meet a set of criteria (e.g. distance, age range, etc.). If I see an email saying that 3 new users within 50 miles have joined within the last week, I'm more likely to log in to find out more about them.

Another possibly interesting feature would be a toggle to "Allow public visitors but hide photos from pubilc." So for instance, if a CC member doesn't mind outsiders seeing their profile info but would prefer to not have their photo visible to non-members, this option would be a nice compromise between privacy and disclosure.

• I'd just like to be able to hide people who have said "no thanks."

• Add an option for kilometers please!

• @KingsportCuddle There is an option to have photos that are only visible to Friends, which is a workaround, for your last idea.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited October 2023

I was wondering if we could add an optional field in the profile to show uninterest in cuddling married/people in relationships. This is not to offend anyone. If someone doesn't want to cuddle with people in certain relationships, they can easily mention it in their profile.

I went through all 80 pages of this thread by searching for keywords married/relationship and didn't find a similar request.

PS: I'm not interested in getting dragged into arguments

• Include a like function for responses to forum posts 🤔 Responding to messages in forums is kinda clunky and it's easy for them to get lost in the crowd, but sometimes you just want to agree with someone, and having a like function would be a fairly simple way to do that. Some people don't enjoy having a dislike option as well, so that's optional, but either way it promotes engagement in a more streamlined way.

@Runawaycuddles I agree with your suggestion! :p

• I'd like there to be a way to easily find professional cuddlers who travel and are willing to come to my area. Maybe on their end, they could fill in a map with all the areas they would travel to, so then I could get a list (similar to the existing search functionality on the site) of all pros whose map of filled in locations contains my location. I could express interest to the ones I'm interested in, and they could plan a travel itinerary based on locations of those who have expressed interest in them.

• [Deleted User]DaveJA (deleted user)

@Runawaycuddles Perhaps something similar to Facebook's 'React' functionality? E.g. pick an emoji to react to the post with?

If you could mouse over the "34 :+1:" (the element that shows a count of upvotes) and get a list of people who support the comment, that would actually prevent misunderstandings and promote harmony.

• Upvotes have always seemed like popularity contests to me. Also, I feel like in a space where making real connections with others is a primary goal for so many, that seeing how others may or may not agree with each and every post, would likely diminish the odds of that happening, as well as decrease participation by those who already feel they're not part of 'the cool kids club'.