Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• Did the "Last Online' filter stop working correctly or is it just me? I'm getting older results when selecting within the last week.

• @jplemmon yeah the site does sometimes "freeze up" and I usually message @Mark or @Gary and they have always fixed whatever the issue is pronto! ๐Ÿ‘

That being said my filters are working properly currently.

• One word . Smellevision!

• All the people who are misusing this community just go away!!

• edited October 2023

I also think we should consider adding a feature so that if a moderator edits the content of someone's post, the system requires the moderator to type a reason for the change. And the system should automatically send the poster a notification so they know their post was edited (if it doesn't already do that), as well as it clearly labeling what got changed.

Here's a recent example:
    https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/comment/254927/#Comment_254927

So in this post, @Katota used an expression that the moderator felt went against the TOS. Fair enough. Such things are generally a subjective judgment call. My concern is that when I read the post, I can't tell what the original user said and what the moderator modified. I don't think the system should let moderators put words in someone else's mouth unless it's clearly labeled what the OP said and what was said on their behalf. Ideally the modified post would have looked something like below. Notice that below it's obvious what has been inserted into the text. (For those wondering, I used the "code" font style.)

Women of color especially have a completely different, and often much more (difficult, experience, too. Sorry that our delivery isn't palatable enough for you. We can't coddle men whose comments hurt us intentionally or not! We have to suffer throughout our lives due to harmful rhetoric, but when it's time to speak our mind, we're too angry. Hell yeah I'm angry!

THIS!^^^^๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

@avebae LOL! Yep, I have been called "angry", "combative" ,"overly sensitive"...Yep, I have been called all these (more than once), I voice a strong opinion on a certain topic, that's not "viewed agreeable" to the masses at hand.๐Ÿ˜„

And it's not just those [of a particular race] who has said those words to me, but I've been called "angry", "bitter", "lost", and "aggressive" by mainly other black people as well.๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited for content. Used phrase that could potentially offend. [netrunner]

• edited October 2023

I would love if the website charged female pro cuddlers the same as men instead of the percentage.

• @simsaddict - Men also rarely if ever book clients. Most of them pay the site $20 per month without ever booking a single client.

• @Mike403 She already knows that, but just because men canโ€™t achieve the same results does not mean women should be forced to sacrifice more of their earnings. I think she is absolutely right in her suggestion.

• @BoomerSpooner - Then the website won't make as much money.

• edited October 2023

@mike403 Not her problem. The websiteโ€™s model is screwed up by requiring their top earners to pay the most. This is why many pros give out their number after the first meet so they can avoid further money being taken from them. In essence, taking a percentage is short-sighted. Make everyone pay a flat 50 a month and be done with it.

OR

make the client pay a deposit directly to the website and the amount the pro charges is theirs to keep.

• @Mike403 @BoomerSpooner its an interesting topic actually. I wonder how much fee avoidance there is by pros who might ignore the booking system. I wonder what the revenue effect would be.

• Perhaps rather than it being based on male vs. female (which feeds into the all-too-true narrative of there being a gender gap in pay in almost every profession), it should be based on number of clients booked. For example, once a person books "X" number of clients in a month (regardless of gender), a certain percentage is automatically taken out in addition to the base $20 per month that everyone has to pay to be a pro cuddler. And then if it so happens that most women end up paying more for being more successful, so be it. But at least it's fair across the board. Thoughts?

• Separate "Request Booking" from "Send Private Message" as two different buttons or options. It is misleading when you want to simply send an inquiry to someone and not book at that particular time.

• its an interesting topic actually. I wonder how much fee avoidance there is by pros who might ignore the booking system. I wonder what the revenue effect would be.

@jplemmon I totally agree and an honest thread on the subject would be engaging but I think it would be shut down faster than you can say Caucasian even if itโ€™s their persuasion.

• @BoomerSpooner ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• edited October 2023

โ€ฆโ€ฆ..

• @stormydaycuddle I wasn't suggesting a $20/mo. fee plus a 15% fee. That, of course, would be silly and nobody would be in favor of it. My intent was to suggest that to resolve the issue of some ladies saying that it's not fair that they're charged a percentage while guys are only charged a flat fee, you could charge a base fee to everyone and then if a person exceeds a certain number of cuddles, do a lesser percentage (for example, $20/mo. + 5% or 10% per cuddle after the first so many bookings).

I'm sure there are other and probably better ideas. I was mainly just agreeing with @simsaddict that women shouldn't be forced to pay more just because they're more successful as pro cuddlers.

• edited October 2023

โ€ฆ.

• @BoomerSpooner my first thought was:

"Why would a thread like that get shut down? It's not exactly price complaining or anything."

But then I remembered the thread about "breathing" and how that went off the rails.

So, you maybe be right lol.

• Yes! I love this website but the asking about sexual orientation gets me a lil uncomfortable.
    Why do I need to tell people I'm not straight right off the bat?
    What if I come across people who see it, don't like it and what to make it known?

Like yes I know we can block but I don't love having to put myself in that situation before I even know someone. ๐Ÿ˜…

Also I'd love a feed!
    So often I have to message every person for announcements.
    If we had a feed we could just post on there!

Lastly the ability to mass message everyone in your list.

• I see a few comments talking about karma for pros only.

No thank you! I just had to leave my first bad karma for a no show client who's also ignored my messages.

Others pros deserve to know what they might be getting into.

• I would like a page to feature banned cuddlers and some kind of reason why . Whether it's a word to describe what they did a picture or whatever. Several times someone has been banned etc .. and with not knowing why, this person may be someone we communicated with and for personal safety I think it's good to know, with a image of them in case they create new profile with another name

• @jplemmon I totally forgot about the breathing thread. How did that go off the rails again Iโ€™m gonna have to read it. Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ itโ€™s a good thing we donโ€™t have any train conductors in this community I think lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @MoeRanda we had discussed a โ€œCuddler Hall of Shame โ€œ awhile back but nothing came of it โ€ฆ

• https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/comment/257686/#Comment_257686

@Mark @Gary I've been having numerous instances like the user above, where tags sporadically fail to notify/e-mail me. It's been ongoing since late August, I believe. ๐Ÿ˜” Thanks!!

~ Sunset Snuggles

๐Ÿฆ„ Enthusiast ๐Ÿž Travel Fiend ๐Ÿ˜ Animal Lover

• edited November 2023

I don't think it's ever been entirely reliable but at least for my account, there's not been any issues for a long time.

The forum is third party software so trying to identify a potential bug is difficult. We are moving to a new forum software fairly soon which should be more reliable.

I checked your email address. Your provider can be super aggressive with sending our emails to spam, so definitely check your junk mail to see if any occasionally get sent there.

• Honestly, I'd like to see an app or something for this site that is more reliable at giving notifications with messages and stuff. Instead of having to constant watch either the site or our email.

• @SquishiestNeko The website can transform into an app if you are on Android or iPhone with iOS 16.4 and above.

This was just added to the FAQ: https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/contact-us

• Being able to delete my own post in the forms

• edited November 2023

@MySweetcuddles you can edit your post or your comment (by clicking on the cog in the upper right corner) for 24 hours which I think is incredibly helpful. You can also ask Moderators to delete or lock a thread and they will sometimes comply. I don't think you personally can delete a post once its out there for the cuddleverse to see because of transparency etc. Some of the Mods/admin might have a better knowledge of course. @gary @netrunner @cheeseboy etc. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Welcome to the site! And as always.... May the Cuddle Gods be EVER in your favor!