What are you doing right now?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Dekooning (deleted user)
    Actually, I am dwelling on the my last cuddle session with a pro-cuddler (3 weeks plus). Reading through the varies forums give me much consider and center on.
  • @pmvines. Dear PM. I am sooooooooooooo glad I do not live in America, we have all of what you have said above about boundaries except for the liabilities, we can not be sued for medical misadventure,car accidents, work related accidents, illness, no financial gain or loss, government controlled called ACC, have you ever tried to make human contact with your patents, Not spooning just walking arm in arm, shoulder cuddling, holding hands, for hours not minuets.
    Do you ever give your aged oil massages, legs and arms, at my unit we have full time people ( 10 in number )who do this and very very close contact is made this can be day or weekly activity paid for by the state.
    Your last sentence is not at all correct, in your world this may be true but America is only a very small part of a very big world.
    This site is proof of that, I have met friends from all over the globe and we chat privately  about aged concern and there ways of handling things, My Chinese friends have a wonderful way of looking after there aged they intermingle them with there preschoolers, so kinder gardens and aged homes are generally in the same area and a lot of spooning, snuggling and contact go's on all day every day.
    Hope I have explained my self as this is a very big part of my world, i want to get people to make contact and exchange life force, I have seen with my own eyes how a person vegetating changes so much, get over the barriers and change peoples lives.
    Love you all from John and the trees, Auckland NZ.
  • @funandadventure , to answer your question, when it comes to patient care, we do not spend hours at a time holding hands or cuddling them, nor do we oil up their arms and legs. You are very happy to promote what you enjoy and believe is helpful, and that is good, I am happy for you. However in most professional work settings, that is not something that people typically do. And you also must respect peoples boundaries, as the patient or the caregiver is not necessarily going to want that. I, like most people on here, love cuddling and am looking for others to create a possible bond or friendship with. It is however only one aspect of my life and it does not define me. I am not interested in cuddling every person I see and most people, even on sites such as this, are the same as me. While in my personal life I would love to find folks to cuddle with, my professional life is separate and I cannot just go around touching on people and trying to cuddle them. That does not mean I don't give attention and affection when warranted, such as hugs, touching arm, holding hand, etc, but people do have boundaries and when in a positon such as my own I cannot put my job in jeopardy due to any misconceptions about my intentions. The people I serve and their families are in vulnerable positions and while some attention and affection is therapeutic and warranted, I cannot risk giving the wrong impression. Not fair to them.
  • Different places, different rules. Personally I like the way things are in New Zealand. I sure wish I could afford to move there, especially after our last election.
  • Dear All, after reading my last post I think I should clarify the comment about oil massaging, oil is used to soften the dry skin aged people get and the massage is to move blood around the extremities out to the fingers and down to the tow's, as we age these systems slow and need help, they never stop just slow reducing oxygen and nutrients to the outer parts.
    We are not a kinky lot down here, getting our rocks off, oiling up the oldie's for fun, it is a needed treatment.
    Have fun. John NZ
  • @funandadventure, I understand what you meant. I do not mean to seem as though I was implying that what you do and describe that you do is not beneficial and important, it really is. I was just stating the scope of my duties, which is more related to grief, accessing resources, and counseling, and the like. It is great that you and others are able to perform this needed function for the aged and for others who need it, it is just not within my scope of practice If more people were open to exploring some of the things you practice and speak about I feel they would be much better for it. Not everybodys cup of tea though. I have some patients and caregivers who instantly want to hug you and be touched, while others would prefer you have nothing to do with them. Unfortunately if I am reported to my supervisor for being touchy feely with one of the ones who does not wish to he touched, it could mean trouble. On the flipside, if there is someone who is vulnerable, is in crisis, and starving for attention and I am touchy feely, no matter the context or intent, then they can get the wrong idea and feel romantic feelings for me or think I have romantic feelings for them and the therapeutic relationship is jeopardized. Sucks but that's the way it is sometimes unfortunately.
  • Dear PM. I do fully understand you points, but you are judging the rest of the world on how you are made to do things because of the rules in the USA and they do not apply to us, we have tribal rules you do not have and money has no part in our work.
     A saying "it not only has to be done it has to be seen to be done".
    No man/women should never die alone and where ever possible they should be in contact with living persons, holding there hands as they move into the next realm.
    This is in practise everyday in NZ by men of the cloth/doctors/nurses and if we can family or elders of the extended tribe.
    Do try and see it from others points of view, human contact is not romantic, it is the giving of energy from one to another hence I have never had a problem cuddling a man.
    Romantic is what I have with my partner of 38 years not "platonic being contact", I cuddle trees, the dog, the horse.
    The energy is different but still there, please do not judge us by your way of life.
    Love you all John Auckland NZ
  • @funandadventure no judgements at all, perhaps not necessarily the same reality or life as you but not judging ! You are free to live as you wish free from judgment. My reality may not be the same but I respect and love all and their rights to do as they choose. I have pointed out to you that some of things you suggest I do in my work practice are not necessarily within context. Nobody is judging you for anything.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Can't we all just get along?

Name that reference for 100 points!!!
  • And to reiterate, me saying I do not do something the same as somebody does not mean I am judging that somebody! We are all different, and to criticize someone for not doing something the same or believing the same things as you is being judgmental. I don't believe that is me.
  • In keeping with the title of this thread, I am currently cuddling my cat and listening to the burger in my tummy digest.
  • @Morpheus I have nothing but love for mr adventure, he seems like a genuinely great human being! We may have a little civil discourse but all love and respect. I dont think I would even consider it discourse really. Thing about the written word is it is hard to guage someones attitude, mood, etc because so much of communication is non verbal. I am smiling the whole way and have no ill mannered feelings whatsoever, we are all adults here. I wish him nothing but the best of everything !
  • What does my 100 points get me?
    Bam 100 points to polylover
  • @Morpheus. Dear Morpheus how come Jim gets the 100 points.
    Have fun, We are all the same but we so play under different rules in different lands.
    Love you all John.
  • Is there somewhere I can exchange my 100 points for free cuddles?
    edited March 2017
    It's 7:50 am I'm sitting in the truck doing nothing I  am rained out . This will screw up my mweekend now I have to come in tommorrow.       #'f@!
  • i want points, even if they are useless. :D
    I just woke up on the central California coast. I'm gonna shower and take my dogs for a walk on the beach.
  • Yes I want points to, just come off shift, bit of a rough night, lots of friends not sleeping.
    But to day is Saturday so it is my day off.
    John Auckland NZ.
  • [Deleted User]NEMOCOUNTRYBOY (deleted user)
    Spending a much needed getaway weekend in Kansas City. Spending time with great friends & getting ready to head out to Westport & the Plaza. Should be a fun day!
  • @pmvines. Dear PM, I to should never get verbose on here we are all trying to achieve the same thing, to get cuddles and get cuddling accepted in the main stream as not to be sexual.
    My problem is I hear comments about cuddling every day, they are so wrong, it is the giving of energy pure and simple.
    Love you all John and his new cuddle partner. Auckland NZ.
  • thank you @funandadventure, peace to you !
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    None of your business.
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    Sipping Anejo Tequila & checking the forum;-)
    Girls on tequila OMG ;-)
  • As long as her clothes don't fall off as in the country song, I recon that it is okay.
    I'm at my favorite little carry out B J 's BBQ on 301 Accokeek md.
  • Went to the dog park with Luna and then to a shaved ice stand to share a pina coloda ice.