Thought of the Day

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Dang hummingbirds . So territorial . One dominate hummer , chasing away the weaker hummingbirds as they approach the feeder .
    " This is my food get away "
     then , all that sugar water just gives them more energy to fight ,

well , I guess it might be time to spike the sugar water with vodka , to make them more friendly
  • Nice one Sparky.
  • [Deleted User]Frankincense (deleted user)
    I found out today that you can titillate an ocelot when you oscillate its tit a lot.
  • @Frankincense  I'm stealing that one.
    ♥Jim
  • A ship carries it's cargo while a truck carries a shipment, shouldn't that be the other way around?
  • Pong is still around, it just gets combined with beer these days.
  • Catnip is aroma therapy for cats. 
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Does anyone have an idea for a cuddling phone " ringtone "?
  • In Myrtle Beach I talked with a man that made clocks out of cypress wood.  He said the best ones were made from wood that had the most blemishes. It gave the wood character.  I tend to think of people that way as well. Every one of has had experiences that make us unique individuals.
  • fish aquariums are relaxing, but they make me have to pee, which makes it hard to relax.

• Us as humans naturally seek affection, attention and serenity. Some fill these desires with pets, some with spouses and others with cuddlers like us!

• [Deleted User]supermahler2012 (deleted user)

Consider the reflections made on Jesus and Mary by the late Catholic Archbishop Fulton Sheen. Christ was perfect Priest and Victim, and born "in the shadow of the Cross." In Old Testament times, sacrifices were offered to make atonement for sins before God, and Christ was the one who offered the perfect sacrifice, the perfect Paschal Lamb- Himself, by His Body and Blood. He always knew this would happen. I would say that Mary did have a little lamb.

• Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After marraige, the 'y' becomes silent.

• Imagination is more important than knowledge (Albert Einstein)

• edited March 2018

Sometimes i wonder, am I the only one who watches Naked and Afraid to see the progression of how nasty their butts get?

• [Deleted User]ivlegend (deleted user)

My only thought is.
    God is God
    Jesus is his messenger a human being.
    Mary is Jesus mother also a human being.
    Why things get so complex ?
    No offense but that's all my personal thinking.

• Is naked and afraid a survival show like survivor man or is it more entertainment like bear grylls?

• @Buck - I like your thought

• [Deleted User]HealingHugz (deleted user)

Be kind and help make others smile.

• [Deleted User]Marc_Pilgrim (deleted user)

Any pizza can be a personal pizza if you believe in yourself.
    :)

• I met a rabbi atheist the other day. All I can say is wow, talk about vocation not matching who you are

• [Deleted User]mrcuddleuk (deleted user)
    edited March 2018

My thought of the day is... Why is an orange called an orange,is it because it is the colour orange?? ?

• mrcuddleuk I googled it! :p
    The fruit came first. The English word "orange" has made quite a journey to get here. The fruit originally came from China – the German word Apfelsine and the Dutch sinaasappel (Chinese apple) reflect this – but our word ultimately comes from the Old Persian "narang". Early Persian emperors collected exotic trees for their landscape gardens, which may well have included orange trees. Arabs later traded the fruit and spread the word all the way to Moorish Spain; the Spanish word for orange is "naranja". In Old French, the fruit became "orenge" and this was adopted into Middle English, eventually becoming our orange, fruit as well as colour.
    https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2010/mar/31/origin-of-the-orange

• edited April 2018

@Orianna - I was going to ask what they used for the colour orange before the fruit was discovered, so this is the answer to that:
    Before the English-speaking world was exposed to the fruit, the colour was referred to as "yellow-red" or "red-yellow" (geoluread in Old English)

• Just curious... who decided that dinosaurs made a roaring sound? Why not something cuter?

• [Deleted User]snughugs (deleted user)

Everyone I know is ill today except 1 person. She must have stolen everyone else's luck!

• It is dangerous to go alone. Take this! ?

• "Does anyone have an idea for a cuddling phone ringtone?"

Mine is Close to You, by Maxi Priest.

• [Deleted User]mrcuddleuk (deleted user)

Thank you @Orianna ?

• If king midas picks his nose, does that make him a gold digger? :open_mouth: