Thought of the Day

Comments

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

Why does it take so long to find (get a response from) a cuddler?

I've seen numerous threads, with numerous responses that say, "Be patient". That and a post off of @JRose 's profile, got me thinking about why that patience (or lack of patience) is so relevant to me.

The message I just received from the eather is, "Dude! This is your fear of rejection taking control."

I suddenly gained more peace about the whole thing.

Truth doesn't hurt. Only what people do with it and how you choose to respond.

• Remember that failure is an event, not a person...

• "to err is human, to forgive divine" repeating in my head.

• A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a thousand moments of regret...

(thinking to self) ... must arrange for more cuddling...

• sings when will this heat in LA go away????
    it's feeling like hotter than usual even in 80 degree weather. must be the humidity.

• I am a Christian and this made me laugh. Thanks for the post, I needed a something to pick me a little.

• I think Albert Einstein has a more insightful collection of quotes than almost anyone else. I particularly like this one:
    "Logic will get you from A to B, imagination will take you everywhere"
    If you want the benefit of more of his wisdom:
    https://www.geckoandfly.com/18686/albert-einstein-quotes-god-life-knowledge-imagination/

• "Tell the devil that I'm getting there as fast as I can." - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I am The Walrus

• edited August 2018

There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy!

--Anton LaVey

When someone is saying intentionally irritating things, their statement is the clickbait and your outrage is the click. Don’t click. (Stolen from Reddit)

Sometimes I really, really dislike the word, "should".

edited August 2018

Spit out the pits!
    (grimmacing from a cracked tooth)

edited August 2018

"Quantum Entanglement" - where science meets cuddling.
    A light-hearted book on understanding the benefits of platonic touch and "weak interaction".

"oxytocin" - snug-n-hug-drug

• If we don't change the way we live, then the way we live will change us.

• @pmvines love the Antone Lavey quote!

"ain't some misery just the sweetest thing" from the song Eulogy by Prof....

without suffering, we would never truly know joy. i have been going through some fairly significant life changing, volcanic-esque stuff and i just have to remind myself, there is no light without the dark.

• @tarasloth i can really get behind some of his philosophies. There is so much that can be tapped into with the mind and psyche when we remove the constraints of what is considered taboo and normal

• @pmvines You, Sir are speaking my language!

• In cuddling , there is the Big SPoon , and the little Spoon .
    In star constellations , there is the Big Dipper , and the Little Dipper . Both which are spoons , of some kind . Actually , ladles.
    Could you call the cuddling positions the big ladle and the little ladle ?

The end of the Little Dipper, or the little spoon , is the North Star , the brightest in the night sky .
    And the side of the big spoon or Dipper , points to the North Star.

I was wondering , if for maximum cuddling pleasure, should two cuddle partners , when spooning , should orient themselves as the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper .
    The proper orientation would be , the little spoon person choose either their head at north, or their toes at north , this way , when a lost bystander observes the cuddlers , they can use their cuddle as a compass direction .

brilliant!

Life becomes less important.
    Snap.
    When we cuddle, I feel my heart being held.

• What we call human nature in actuality is human habit.

–Jewel

• If people hate you, don't hate them.

I shouldn't have watched that. I'm wrecked! grinning.
    That was really cool!
    Peace!

edited August 2018

She said, "Drive it like it's a race car"!
    (safe-for-work statement)

For those of you not Christian, take this as a prayer to whatever, if any, forces-of-nature that you believe in, or not...

God Bless all those people who are bracing for the hurricane coming on shore, with protection, togetherness and peace.