How do I block married men?

Comments

• @CuddleHugs01234 He had face shots. He'll be spotted. ๐Ÿคญ

~ Sunset Snuggles

๐Ÿฆ„ Enthusiast ๐Ÿž Travel Fiend ๐Ÿ˜ Animal Lover

• edited April 13

@SunsetSnuggles ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• Good riddance @deathwish
    There was something off-putting about him to me from the get-go. I probably shouldnโ€™t say that, but I just did.
    Creepy usernames, photos and posts indicating that you have no idea what safe platonic cuddling is all about = not much success on this site.
    But now I wonder what got him banned??

• Good riddance indeed @carrieanne. You could see the ban coming from a mile away

• Build a bear, trust me, it keeps all the married men and including their wives away. It's like bug or bear spray, though exclusively for married men. Works wonders like a charm, oh yeah don't forget to add charms on it too!

Though on a serious note, I think that kinda filter may actually be cool. Personally I just write on my profile that I only want to cuddle with men who are single. Which has to my knowledge kept many away. The few who message I just communicate, maybe they didn't get the memo or thought they were the exception, ugh. Anyway, that worked just fine for me, personally. However, if there's maybe a way to hide them, not necessarily just married men I mean whatever filter we set, from seeing our profile in the search section if their profile has married selected, that could help. If they tap on our profile through the forum, then maybe they'd get a pop-up notifying them we aren't a match.

That I think could be a fair bit of work and maybe impractical from the site building side though. Probably not so necessary either, because it's probably not an issue for most people. Like with how I manage my own. Smoking however is another thing for me, I think I've actually had more smokers contacting me despite my profile saying I prefer non smokers.

I understand the OP is out... though my feedback could help someone else.

• Silly me thought this was the solution.

• edited April 12

@Minestrone101 hilarious

• Move to a small town, where everyone knows each other and their personal business?

• @sunnysideup or be a member of a small, rather "incestuous" polyam/ENM community. Same thing ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Ahhhh the weekly bash married men post. Bummer I'm out of popcorn ๐Ÿ™„

• @robroo Not a single bash in this thread. Only 2 out of 41 posts even really addressed the topic at hand. ๐Ÿคญ

~ Sunset Snuggles

• One way to say youโ€™re married without saying youโ€™re married is to leave the status field blank.

• @carrieanne ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’ฏ

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Or maybe in their mind they choose to not identity as married though technically they are.
    Btw, Iโ€™m not bashing at all, as Iโ€™ve said before- I cuddle everyone because I donโ€™t know if someoneโ€™s being honest with me anyway so whatโ€™s the point of second-guessing?
    My marriage ended because my ex cheated on me so youโ€™d think I would be super sensitive about it and refuse.
    But time heals most pain, everyone has a different situation, itโ€™s not for me to judge. Personally It does bother me, and I do consider it a form of cheating in most cases but I donโ€™t know the backstory, I donโ€™t live in their house so I try not to get involved with their personal lives. My reason to be here is to be a caregiver.

• I once messaged someone who, after rereading her profile, had asked not to be contacted by married men. I quickly sent a second message apologizing and asked her to ignore my first message.

• OP answered her own question. Now she doesn't have to worry about the married men here contacting her.

• Thank you @carrieanne you have given me a new view. I donโ€™t want to know your relationship status at all.

• what about people who are polyamorous? Why are married but poly people being shamed?

• Married dudes need hugs too.

• @Chocolate4U who was shaming poly people?

• @Chocolate4U poly people arenโ€™t being shamed. Besides poly doesnโ€™t mean married. Iโ€™m polyam and not married.

• @ShaneSchrute Chocolate4U is also solo poly according to his profile, so my guess my joke was misinterpreted or he was assuming that people were including ENM married folks in their boundaries.

Most people don't mind so much that cuddle partners are married, they mind that their partners are lying to their significant others as it goes against their own ethics. And some truly just won't cuddle partnered people, ethical or not. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

• @cuddlefaery posted: "Most people don't mind so much that cuddle partners are married, they mind that their partners are lying to their significant others"

๐Ÿ’ฏ As I said in another thread, marriage is not the issue; honesty and lack of consent is.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/comment/265223/#Comment_265223

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/comment/265353/#Comment_265353

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I donโ€™t thing anyone was being shamed in this thread

• @Lovelight Maybe instead of taking that heinous picture you could have stopped that post on post violence. And why didn't any of the other posts intercede instead of just watching?

• @Vocalist100 Heinous? I thought they were having a lovely tango!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• These threads after the OP gets banned are always kind of like guests at a dinner party who continue socializing after watching the homeowner step on a rake, wallop themselves on the head, fall into the pool and drown.

• edited April 14

@TxTom That slayed me. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Had to explain to my boyfriend why I was snorting with laughter.

~ Sunset Snuggles