Something people might be surprised to know about you

Comments

• My temperature is normally 96.8, rather than 98.6. I guess my body is deslexic. LOL
    <3 Jim

• I do quite well with one person or a small group but get very anxious in big groups and crowds. The though of public speaking terrifies me.

• edited October 2017

The one time I tried merijuana at a friends place (edible, not smoking due to sensitive nose, was 5mg brownie.) I had some rather interesting effects happen. Some background stats first. I have Aspergers Syndrome & tourettes. Thankfully just the motor tics version of touretttes, but that has nothing to do with this. The Aspergers/Autism aspect comes into play as for me, I have a stronger sense of smell to certain things, sometimes my ability to percieve certain sounds are different or better and sometimes my vision is really good compared to my friends but that may be because of my percription being more updated then my friends.

ANYWAYS, moving on. A few odd things happened. I got that tunnel vision, or as I had called it "Super Zoomy Vision." I told him what was happening & He was like "Yeah right." I told him, Oh yeah? I can read what is on your computer screen right now. I was probably a good 10 15 feet away from his computer & sitting on his matress on the ground. He was doing some roleplaying in some chat thingy. I was reading word for word everything. He got embarassed & was like "Okay, stop stop! I believe you! Damn man." Later he turned on this light that changes color & I fuond that somehow the color changes had a direct effect on my muscle control of my breathing. Certain colors allowed my breathing to be easier & lighter while others were heavier & harder. When he put it on the super fast "rainbow random mode" it was like I was spasming like crazy where the muscles were a machinegun on rapidfire contractions. The noises I madee scared the crap out of him & he changed the light to a more normal yellow & it helped me breathe again.

But the next one makes me think of an odd for of synesthesia perhaps? He got his guitar out & started playing it. Somehow, it was like my vocal cords or windpipe decided to "synch up" with his guitar strings so when he would play his guitar fast I would let out this horrible "gggghghghgghgghghhgh" noise. I tried to do a motion with my hand to the neck of "Cut it." like cut it out or stop. He did & I was able to breath again. I told him what was happening & he thought it was crazy.

We went back to my place with anoter friend. A friend of mine was playing I think Castlevania SOTN or similar & I was able to see each individual pixel in the background with my "Zoomy vision". We went for a walk & the sensation I had feeling in my body was crazy. It was like feeling each neuron from my brain to my toes fire. I looked like I was some jerky automaton trying to walk due to the spasmaastic aspect I was feeling in my muscles & all that.

Despite all that, I think I might be down to try it again. I see it as how a scientist would. Curious to see what the effects are, depending on various circumstances & etc.

Also, I was born 2 months premature & I had a twin that died at birth thanks to biological parents who did lots of drugs & all that. Then was removed due to a spiral fracture of one of my arms.

Also, I have been given the nickname "Polar Bear" by my friends due to my "unnatural" cold resistance they claim. :D

• I have fairly flex able legs... and can pinch people with with my toes.
    People are safe long as the boots and socks do not come off.

• I like Kokopelli >.< I have a favorite pillow of him.

• I donated a kidney. I'm slightly OCD when it comes to being organized and my schedule. Everything is color coded and perfect. I HATE scrubbing the bathtub. I can make my shoulders pop out of the joints. I have a phobia of driving in the rain. I wake up at 5am every single day. I make GORGEOUS children. I tend to be a control freak. I love hot wings. Love football hate baseball. Im gluten intolerant. Tent camping is my favorite activity. I'm addicted to the Hallmark movie channel. I keep my house very cold. I detest talking on the phone. I've never seen any Star Wars movie. I go to church every Sunday. I hate dating

• I was bit in the face and have permanent scars from a dog owned by actor Tim Daly (Wings, Private Practice, Madam Secretary)

• I was able to lay and cuddle my dog a few days before he died. Even though he was in pain, he would still head-butt me and nuzzle and love that I petted him. He's been gone a week but I can still remember how his coat feels and remember his scent.

• Sometimes I have pretty severe episodes of depression that last anywhere from 1 hr to a few days .its never really because of some thing, just kind of a chemical reaction in my brain . Then as quickly as it sets in it sort of goes away . I compare it to a stomach virus, just something that has to work its way out of my system.

• @pmvines How do you deal with it?

• [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    edited February 2018

There's too many to pick out one.

• @respectful just something I gotta ride out. Even when I'm at my worst I'm still ok , nothing that particularly gets the best of me.

• I was literally dying before my divorce; my body was falling apart from the stress of the toxic situation I was in.

I was taking more than eight western medications for everything from back pain to insomnia, and new medical problems were popping up all the time. A brilliant Harvard doctor (friend of mine) told me it would very likely, all clear up if I was able to pull off the divorce that everyone knew was necessary, but was nearly impossible for me to make happen due to the rather unique set of circumstances I was in at the time.

So I did the impossible, and my nearly perfect health has returned and stayed now for the last two and a half years. . .

• I’ve been a naturist since I was a teenager

• When I got married, my wife did not speak English. She does now though. I wish she didn't...

• edited February 2018

I used to have an untested OCD, I would wash fruits for over ~5 minutes to say the least. I still have spikes occasionally though it has increasingly went down from what it used to be. :)

• I can sing in Italian. I am constantly taking patterns that I see and reshaping them in my head -- sometimes for hours during long conversations. I own a mortar and pestle because why not? Ice skating freaks me out but I like doing it. I almost pass out every time I donate blood but I keep doing that, too. My car's name is Francesca "Frankie" Sonata. I once watched a meteor shower with my best friend at 2am while I was high on pain meds after an oral surgery.

• edited February 2018

I’m 46 years old and working om my bachelors degrees with six classes to go. Better late than never :-)

• [Deleted User]Johnny80 (deleted user)

I carry a polaroid camera and a small book full of pictures, drawings, scraps of papers and all sorts of notes i call a "journey" book everywhere i go, i find sitting on the edge of a tall rooftop peaceful and calming, i play the ocarina (im not the best at it) i LOVE trying new and exotic foods.

• My first and middle name together means pure joy. I like to collect rocks and stuffed animals. I love finding and applying natural remedies. Its not a fear but I don't like being in a dark place alone. Dancing and drawing are my top two hobbies. Rollercoasters and funnel cake are awesome. And I can be really friendly and affectionate even though my regular calm face causes people to keep their distance :)

1. I don't hold a pencil or pen correctly because I taught myself to "write" at age 2ish.
    2. My anxiety is bad enough that it's prevented me from being able to drive.
    3. My tongue is pierced and I plan on going and getting it done two more times along with a few other piercings. ADRENALINE JUNKIE!
    4. I have no tattoos, but have planned 6 over the last 5 years.
    5. I don't want tattoos but I want them.
  • edited February 2018

Well, let’s see...

I am apparently immune to several substances; including all forms alcohol, narcotic pain killers (which I was given for post surgery, no luck at all,) most regular pain killers, all sleep aids, and most forms of anesthesia. As a result of this, I have never been drunk, never been high, always had trouble with insomnia, and usually just have to bear with it if I have any pain.

Instead of crying after I was born as babies are expected to, especially when I was initially born not breathing, to everyone’s great surprise, the first sound that I made with my first breath was laughter.

Another odd thing about the day of my birth was that I exhibited the behaviors of a six month old instead of a newborn, leading one of the nurses to say I had “an old soul,” many other people have said the same about me at various stages of my life.

The maternal side of my family has a long line of people who seem to have a sixth sense. We’ve been able to do such things like sense tragedy without being told of it, predict future events down to the letter, months and even years in advance, and even react to danger before we knew it existed, sometimes saving lives as a result. I have also displayed some of these abilities in the past.

I love to sing.

I am related to Jane Austen, Alexandre Dumas, John Laffitte and Richard Nixon. (Two famous writers, an infamous “french” pirate—but if you trace his lineage, the french part may have been to hide his Jewish heritage—and an infamous president.)

My maiden name is Welsh, and not only do I have a family crest to go with it, but the motto of that crest is “Nec opprimere nec opprimi” which is Latin for “Neither to oppress nor to be oppressed” ... so yeah, my family’s historical motto is basically “Live and let live,” and though not all of my family took it to heart, I sure did.

• I didn't talk til I was 4. I apparently could read, because the first time my mother heard me speak other than just making utterances I recited the entire danny the dinosaur book from memory. She thought I was possessed or something because I went from not speaking to reciting a book

• [Deleted User]ivlegend (deleted user)

I can speak 6 languages and I have visions about future.. not sure how but ppl around me also call me a medium, and I donot work as professional and I donot charge. I just try to help ppl if I can.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

People on this site might be surprised to know that:
    * I'm the eldest of ten children
    * I'm naturally nocturnal
    * My first name means "The Judge of the Light"
    * I don't lie.

People who've met me in real life might be surprised to know that:
    * My proper pronouns are gender-neutral
    * I do have feelings... sometimes
    * I'm a ULC minister (so it's not Mr. or Ms., it's Rev.)
    * I eat seaweed.

• I really enjoy a cappella music, much more so than music with instruments. I really miss the show “Sing Off”. I’m also a hug fan of the show “Big Brother”. I would love to be on that show one day!

• My ex boyfriend calls me a sith lord. He says even though I appear smart in general I tend to analyze and see every angle and option in ways that make me sneaky smart and he was never able to outsmart me which drove him nuts. He told me someday I would use my powers to take over the world. Lol

• I'm a polymath (someone with experiences in a lot of different fields) and a polyglot (someone who speaks several languages). The downside to being from a country with free education is that people tend to take longer to decide what they want to do with their lives, and I'm an example of that.

• Had nose pierced, have 11 holes in one ear, I have social anxiety. I used to hunt rifle and archery and would fish with my dad.

• @mokissia My brain gets silly sometimes when I'm feeling sleepy ... I was trying to connect having 11 holes in your ear with rifle hunting, and shooting fish with a bow and arrow ...