Something people might be surprised to know about you

Comments

• [Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

Right now at this moment - I am loving (hating) so much my cousins deciding to invite themselves as guests at my place without giving me enough heads up at all! I hate last minute surprises that impacts my plans.. oh well lately I barely can plan anything due to my kiddo’s Health Condition., so why the fuss.. never mind what I just said.. ;)

• My daughter was born in my 25th birthday

I can hear sounds that most humans cannot hear. My ex says I could hear a gnat fart.

I have been going to a nudist pool for the last 2 summers.

I went to a swingers club for over a year and a half and went to Hedonism II in 2017! It was amazing!

I know all the cuss words in Arabic.

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)
    edited September 2018

My little-toe nail split in a footbal game. I have 11 toenails, but 10 toes. I yank it out, cause I think it looks weird, but most people wouldn't even notice.

"... Dude. 11? ... It's gotta go!"

(I remove the little bit when it starts to hang up on things like my socks, about every 2-3 months.)

You asked. I answered.
    (cringing)

• I didn’t have my first kiss until I was 20.

• I have a speech impediment. I’ve been stuttering since I could speak. Never grew out of it but I’m very good at hiding it.
    I’ve had customer service jobs for years.
    Some people I’ve cuddled with pick up on it and ask, but most have no idea. :)

• @choicesvital I would definitely hate that! I don’t like people intruding in my home family or not.

• If I think someone is wrong about something, I always point it out. Doesn’t matter if it’s someone I love or hate. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Queen of England or the person sitting next to me at the coffee shop.

Haha. Just kidding!

If you’ve seen any of my posts on the forum, you probably already knew I do that. ?

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

@AndiCuddles no you dont...
    Hah! grinning

• I have a smart tv and amazon prime streaming but haven't watched tv in months I have no idea why the hell it is even in my house still

• @pmvines you don't cuddle with a movie on?

• @pmvines I’ll be down your way this weekend we can cuddle and watch a movie, can fit the hair massage in as well! ?

• edited September 2018

I'm happiest living in a Caravan. Give me a pull behind with plenty of storage and I'm home. But not a big one, just a little no frills pull behind. With lots of storage!

• I'm a world class loser. I once lost a whole key ring for over a year. A pair of glasses for 8 months. In fact even as preschoolers and elementary age my kids all knew that if mom said where's my....that it was all hands on deck and everyone looked.
    Surprisingly both things were in furniture. A chair and a couch, I do move and clean under my furniture, they both got tipped by various people throughout those time spans also. Especially the couch, my boyfriend and his friends smoked in the house and lighters always ended up in the couch. It was tipped, moved, lifted, dropped, all kinds of interesting things showed up under that couch but never my glasses until one day I had tipped for maybe the hundredth time to vacuum the upholstery of it. Magic.

I now have multiples of important things. Glasses, spare keys, I even try and buy a second pair of earrings if they are favorites so I don't have to stop wearing them!

I love to accessorize, but what's apparently odd about that is I don't keep it in the same metals, I'm all over with textures and metal colors. I've stopped wondering at this point when someone says oh, I never would have thought to... good thing I don't really care! I choose it and combine it because I like it, so whatever world. I like large scarves also. Maybe I really am a Gypsy! see above. :)

Last one, I have a peeve about people not using the correct word. Do you really mean then? or did you want to go with than? Brain/Brian, I have known quite a few Brainy Brians but I'm always sure to be sure to call him Brian not brain. chose/choose, don't even get me started on live/live!

I think I spent to many of my formative years elbow deep in books, I love descriptive words, the eloquent fluent use of vocabulary.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Despite being ridiculously bugged by things like someone typing "breaks" when they obviously meant "brakes," or "to" instead of "too," I sometimes make typing errors and don't notice until it's too late for me to correct them.

Yes... even me.

• I talk big game but I'm actually a pretty ditzy one. I just tried to sell a movie ticket package online and took a picture of the back of it to show the expiry date... Thought nothing of it.

Then somebody messages saying "Hey! Just to let you know, someone might try to scan the barcode off your image!"

Yikes. Hope I took it down in time.

• @PaulaDahla please look up stroke, asphasia and speech therapy before judging someone’s use of vocabulary. My sister had a stroke at 44. No signs, no high blood pressure nothing detectable. It took her 2 months to say her own sons name, and almost 4 to fully speak and use her left arm. She still can not differentiate homonyms or punctuation. She has permanent damage to the left hemisphere which is responsible for language, understanding certain words and even till this day (4 years later) she has to stop in the middle of a sentence because she forgets words.

Please don’t worry about how someone spells a word or whether they used the correct homonym. Let’s think of what some of these individuals had to go through to get this far rather than their spelling errors. If you understand what they are trying to say I don’t think their choice of words matters as much as they are alive, they are here and they are in search of Cuddles.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@CreativeCuddles: It's true, there are a number of very good reasons why someone might not use language well.

...It still bugs me. I can't help it.

You're right, of course—we shouldn't judge people harshly for things they can't help. That's part of why I (and @PaulaDahla too, I think) try to sit on our hands and type no corrections when we know what someone was trying to say... but they spelled it wrong. Another part of the reason would be that once you start taking a metaphorical red pen to the things people say online, how could you ever stop? The job is unending! Best to just leave it alone.

[rueful laugh] It still niggles at the OCD part of my brain like a rat making a nest in the wall of your bedroom at 3 am. Oh well. We all have our own special problems. Though I'm not sure anyone would be surprised to know this is one of mine!

• I assumed that a forum thread titled "Something people might be surprised to know about ME' was a place that we as a community post odd characteristics about ourselves. Or things we may have done or experienced.

How is my personal pet peeve, which I don't call anyone on, inappropriate for this thread? It is an issue I have, it's an INTERESTING tidbit about me. Me only. I was not meaning to disparage or belittle anyone anywhere in the entire world population. I was talking about MYSELF.

Now back off woman. Find someone else to follow around the forums and bully. I'm done with it.

• Wrong word brain farts. When I’m typing at document speed I have more than a few times typed the incorrect homonym, whil I am fully aware of the correct choice. I try to blame it on spell-check but it’s really a brain fart. So when others do the same, I just shrug. Not worth getting upset.

• [Deleted User]SweetPeaMN (deleted user)

I love the dark, being outside by myself at night though freaks me out.

• Thank you for being kind @DarrenWalker!

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

I have a life-long dream of being a professional full-time musician (drums/percussion).

• I have been a paid performer at a Haunted Attraction for 5 years. My character is like a nanny for the girls of 'The Grudge' all those little Japanese girls learned that sneaky quiet crap from me. Full makeup, full costume, wig and no talking or screaming.

I come up behind the group and make those big tough guys scream like a girl. I love my job.

Yeah except I helped create the cut throughs so good luck with that one.

• Uhm. Well, I've got very acute insomnia. My body also rejects all sleeping agents. I've dealt with it for so long that I could be awake for two days straight, but still function and appear like I got a full 8 hours. You'd never know.

• [Deleted User]SweetPeaMN (deleted user)

@thatoneguyryan. ?? wow

• @thatoneguyryan do all the sleeping agents give you energy? If so, have you ever taken something along the lines of oxycodone and does it do the same thing? We found that a lot and it is unreal to see patients go into a manic like state from the meds. I can take 1/4 of a 1 mg of Klonopin and it knocks me out.

• I’m obsessed with the holidays. Specifically the last few months of the year. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and to a lesser extent New Years. I get really festive and into it. I decorate, plan events an immerse myself in it. Sorry not sorry ?

• @wanderingfool Don’t be sorry it’s a special time of the year! My daughter and I share Dec 23 Birthday so it has always had a special meaning around the holidays. I never hated being a “Christmas Baby” and neither has she!

• People are always surprised to hear that I’m afraid of heights (love rollercoasters), and that I can not swim.

• @bigarch so do you sit in the front or back of roller coasters?