Something people might be surprised to know about you

Comments

• [Deleted User]lilredmage (deleted user)

That's really cool, @cuddlesfordays1 !! May I ask what countries they are?

Nice!

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

I played the trombone.
    I was homecoming king.
    I dressed up as Blackula one Halloween but everyone thought I was simply a crossdresser.
    I speak a lil Japanese.

Guess I should answer this, too. Feeling inspired by chococuddles. lol

I can play any woodwind instrument (although it's been awhile since I've played anything)
    I dressed up as a ghost one Halloween, but some people thought I belonged to that not-so-kind organization that starts and ends with the letter "K," so didn't quite turn out as expected. -_-
    I, too, speak some Japanese
    I consider my computer to be an extension of myself.

• I am deathly afraid of heights

• @pmvines I don't feel fear but rather get sick looking up or down. Which is ridiculous! Occasionally, I may be walking by a high-rise or just look up at the sky bc a bird or whatnot and I feel nauseated. The thing you said about the ocean, I have that too. That one is fear for me.

When I was a child, I was shoved into this body of water that had tall algae. I saw them coming close to me, they moved as if they were dancing. I kicked and found myself looking up as the plants grew taller, the darkness became overwhelming and that's when they fetched me

I lived in an island and I would swim around following fish since the water is crystal clear there. Now and then, I found myself swimming past the precipice, the darkness prevails. I would rush back. We have shark attacks there often

I used to live in Huntington Beach, CA and would push myself to become comfortable with the ocean. I tried doing that with heights as well. I scuba whenever possible. I will never do deeps diving. I'm too chicken ish to do so.

I've never had coffee. Just the smell can make me sick. I've never been drunk, much less high. I started drinking in my late 20s

• I don’t drive n ride motorcycle/ motorbike so so scared. I know other people loves it. Sorry guys n girls ?

• i used to have half of my hair shaved off! it was quite an edgy look, lol.

• I used to be scared of driving and get anxiety. I started driving at 27. Although I did use to ride a vespa as a teenager abroad.

Here, I got around with car service and taxis.

I get anxiety on bridges. I'm friends with cops and I often call before jumping on a new freeway and ask if there are bridges bc otherwise they will have to come and get me lol

I get super sick with hills

Last time I was in SF was meant as therapy to overcome and 10 minutes into the drive I asked to be brought back. We had tickets for the opera and it was supposed to be a lovely event but I puked out of the window and on my friends tux. He still loves me, but I haven't been back bc I'm terribly embarrassed about causing another scene

https://giphy.com/gifs/143mJNJBPGuQxy

• [Deleted User]Victoria92 (deleted user)

I loved reading these!
    For me, I'm claustrophobic. I hate elevators and compact crowds.
    I love heights and will climb anything, including people if they allow. ^^
    Even though I've always been short, I've played the upright bass for 13 years.
    I look forward to learning more about you guys!

• edited May 2018

I was bit by a baby penguin while on a beach in South Africa

• I do tarot and energy cleansings lol someone suggested I go into reiki for this.

• @pmvines I would never have guessed! That's a good one!

• @Thellie A lot of people are surprised cus they don't even realize there are such thing as tropical penguins, they think they are all in the ice caps but there are very large colonies on Boulder Beach in Simons Town South Africa. Amazing, you can just walk among them on the beach and I was touching a few and bam, a little baby one nipped the crap out of my hand lol

• I’m a former drug addict. I used for seven years and have been sober since November 2013. I have the exact date (11/21/13) tattooed on my arm.

• @softsquishygirl - Congratulations! You look great, especially with a bow in your hair :)

• [Deleted User]Mixiithemui (deleted user)

Despite being introverted, I regularly do stand up.

• Let's see, I have various interests & hobbys that people find surprising. I love watching UFC that I know a lot about most of the top ranked fighters & their fighting style. I'm very spiritual & I sometimes have premonition dreams & I read tarot cards & other divination tools. I once did fire walking. I'm a foodie & I can eat a lot lol. I'm a great cook & I'm very good in finding great restaurants. I'm a huge animal lover ever since I was a small kid. Animals & pets are drawn to me. They act as if they've known me for a long time. I do a lot of animal rescue, helping strays find their forever loving home. I always donate to animal rescue groups.

• [Deleted User]JustLeeon (deleted user)

When I was a kid I took self defence classes because everyone at school was bigger than me. ?

• [Deleted User]patTheCuddler (deleted user)

When I say I am scared of something, it usually means I want to do it. This seems to be counter-intuitive to most people.
    For example, I am scared of heights, that's why I like to hike. Someday, I would sky dive as well.

• I went to Clown School and my major was facepainting....

• @TeddieB You have just reminded me of my innate fear of clowns!! Thanks a bunch lol

• My hobbies include making collages, poetry, obsessing over recycling, and collecting Star Wars toys and Converse high tops.

My fears include rejection, birds, and open water.

My greatest dreams are to be able to make my own music, to be on a game show some day (especially The Price Is Right, I tried out once), and to own a Tesla.

• I studied French cooking , and did some chef work years ago . And though I can make all kinds of sauces , I will probably make hollandaise from a package instead of from scratch. While working as a meat cutter in the local supermarket, I would bring home beef bones and make soup from them ( sometimes my apron was so bloody from meat I would make soup from the apron). There’s nothing like scratch made soup from bones instead of the canned variety on the shelf ( salt!). If it turns to jello in the reefer, you cooked the bones enough.

• I just did firearms training and got my concealed pistol license. I'm going to get my motorcycle endorsement next month.

If you knew me, you'd probably think I'd be the last person to do either of those things! :D

• Well Im from Texas, so pretty much everyone and their dog packs a "heater" down here. God help anyone who tries to invade Texas! Haha :p

• This isn’t a secret to people who know me, but it surprises people who don’t:

I am a huge, huge geek. Like, I started playing video games when I was 4 when my dad got me an Intellivision. I have owned many, many consoles and handhelds since. I have a gaming computer, too, but it needs to be updated. I play all sorts of games: rpgs, first-person shooters, dance games (WHY AREN’T THEY MAKING MORE DDR FOR AT HOME???), mmorpgs... My all-time favorite games are probably the Mass Effect Series (though I also love Dragon Age), Suikkoden II, Katamari Damacy, Animal Crossing, and DDR.

I also play tabletop rpgs. D&D, WoD, GURPS... and many more. I really want to start a Cthulhu game next.

I love Star Trek and Star Wars. My favorite Star Trek is DS9. My favorite Star Wars is Episode IV.

I’ve played MTG off and on since the ‘90s.

I know there are a lot of geeks out there these days, but I’m a real OGG. (Original Gamer Girl.) ???

• I intended to become a librarian, not a social worker.

I love sci fi and action films so much more than chick flicks!