Something people might be surprised to know about you

Comments

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

I speak dog and horse-talk.

• Oh, @Thellie! I wish you lived closer to me! I studied Linguistics, intending to get my MLS afterwards. But the economy was dead and I decided to go back to school and took Social Work classes... then I ran out of student money. I bet we'd have lots to talk about! (And I, too, enjoy sci-fi WAY more than chick flicks... I can't even remember the last true chick flick I watched!)

• @AndiCuddles linguistics is one of my favorite things! I've watched so many chick flicks these last 4 months. My now ex-bf LOVED chick flicks, especially ones from the 90s. They aren't bad, but they aren't faves. Lol. I'm indulging in so much sci fi and action right now! Gotta purge the system!

• @pmvines We area all different. You are uneasy with public speaking, I’ve never had a second thought about it, even when I was 14 years old. But walking up to a stranger to begin a conversation at a party, in a bar or coffee shop, etc, frightens me. I have to sit back and get mentally prepared, and hope the other person is still there by the time I’ve worked up the nerve.

• A CDL instructor once asked me "What are you doing out here? You look like a housewife." At the time I was working as a programmer.

Four years ago I was hauling freight solo, OTR. Later I pulled flatbed in the NE region. I do miss driving big trucks.

• edited June 2018

I once had a life or death tug of war with a big tuna offshore in the Gulf Stream , off cape hatteras NC
    It took about 45 min . I was almost pulled overboard several times . It was him or me .
    Finally got him onboard . The charter boat captain said he was about a $5000.00 fish .
    When we got back to the marina , I don’t remember any Asians looking at it , but a couple scientists were interested . He tipped the scales at 199 lbs . Just missed the 200 lb club . I cut him up for steaks
    This was maybe 22-23 or so years ago .
    Now I watch these big tuna tv shows and I think he would fetch $20,000 today .

• [Deleted User]Stitcher (deleted user)

I lived in an at-risk youth shelter for a part of a summer when I was a teenager. I’m from a pretty messed up family situation. While living in the shelter wasn’t exactly fun, I really feel it changed things around for me. It showed me that things can be so much different outside of what I was dealing with at home.

• I can burp pretty much continuously on command, sort of like how Kenny G is able to hold a super long note that seems to last forever, but just not quite as pretty or captivating as Kenny G

• I was a basketball runner up for the state freethrow championship in my age group (girls 12 year olds)-- I missed the first three shots and then nailed every single one after that. I still have my shooting arm and shock people that I know how to shoot a basketball so well when I pick one up because I do it so seldomly now.

• [Deleted User]clumsycuddler (deleted user)
    edited July 2018

@pmvines Lol. I'm sure Kenny G wishes he had your skills xD If not, I can think of a few men who would.

I once had almost perfect health. It was sort of ironic, seeing how as a baby, I was severely premature and couldn't breathe on my own for a long time because of my un-develped lungs, among other issues. I almost had my arm amputated as well. Yikes. :s I recovered eventually and had a nearly clean bill of health. I soon caught up with and outdistanced my peers as I grew. I was once in several clubs like theatre, reading, the new Mathletes-esque program, track, soccer and baseball.

But, I got really sick one year and haven't been the same since. I get sore throats constantly, lose my voice, have a chronic cough, trouble breathing, etc. Sick. All the time. It's worse in winter and fall. Walking quickly leaves me pretty out of breath. I can't play sports much and theatre and reading are out since all the talking involved. As for math, well, I missed a lot of school and had to catch up myself = I am now bad at math.

• When I get really nervous or anxious I will start humming or singing. It doesn't matter where I am or anything, I'll just sing quietly and it will help me prepare for presentations or exams. Oh, but I guess I'll also sing if I'm alone outside because it feels really refreshing to sit under a tree with coffee in my hands. I'll also dance if I'm in a happy mood or just high five the nearest person even if they don't know why we are high-fiving.

• edited July 2018

I once fronted several hardcore punk and metal bands but the thought of karaoke terrifies me

• @clumsycuddler now that is a smoothe jazz album i would purchase at holiday time ?

• edited July 2018

I type almost constantly with my fingers. You know sub-audible noises? (Um, discussed at length in the Ender’s Game series of books.) It’s like that, but with my fingers. I move them in such small movements it’s pretty impossible to see — and you can BARELY feel it if you hold my hand while doing it. No one has ever naturally picked up on it, without me telling them about it.

But, yeah, I’m typing out thoughts and song lyrics, and words a vast majority of the time.

Weird.

edited July 2018

@AndiCuddles I'm thinking about getting a keyboard tatooed across my back. (kidding)
    (Actually, that'd be cool if I could connect it to devices using bluetooth)
    You'll have to talk your SO into doing that! grin

• Haha, yes. I could totally type things on your back... even without the keyboard! ?

• [Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

I understand animal emotions especially dogs, horses.. and did I say birds too

• I live in a spot where many many christian religious people live so they react very surprised when they find out I'm pagan.

I'm also very interested in anything paranormal. Weirdly my mother gave me my first books to that topic when I was 11 years old and bought me tarot cards ...thanks Mom. It's very interesting to me to read other peoples experiences and I often end up giving advice when they have something "weird" happen to them.

And no, I'm not interested in UFOs and alien conspiracies hahaha

• i studiedfor the Catholic priesthood. I would have completed my studies, but I discovered two things. 1. Women LOL, and 2. Booze, both led me to flunk out of college. I'm still a bit on the shy side with women, but I've cut down on my drinking over the years.

• I can't stand people who think Episode IV was better than Episode V - just kidding - but can't wait to see Billy D reprise his role as Lando in Episode IX.

Big Sci Fi geek since middle school. Watch out for the movie version of "The Forever War" coming soon.

• edited July 2018

I have recently come to the realization that through practicing random sounds i am able to do a rather amazingly realistic impression of a toilet flushing

• You need to get into voice acting, @pmvines! ??‍♀️

edited July 2018

or politics @AndiCuddles @pmvines (grin)

Totally random... We have a couple "pairs" of light switches in the house, where either switch will shut off/on the light.
    When the lights are off, both switches must be in the "down" position. If they aren't, I flip them down.
    Twice, we've moved into a house, where I had to re-wire/flip the whole switch, so that I could leave them in that position.

• @AndiCuddles It is actually mostly from my old days in bands, just coming across new and random sounds while screaming growling and shrieking lol

• My last name means weapons in Spanish.
    I have a weird sense of humor and can laugh at just about anything.

• Lol. @pmvines Please tell me that you find these sounds while driving, alone, in the car. Because that visual would really make my day!

• I have sounds like an old Model-T Ford sputtering to start that I make in my mouth, and I also can talk through that sound and do a poor Donald Duck imitation. I’ve come to doing some of these noises while just hanging around alone at home. Bad idea. I’ve found myself with friends making these noises as my mind wanders. I’ve gotten some very odd looks from folk.

edited July 2018

@mickcuddle keep 'em guessing