Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• [Deleted User]Proverbs31 (deleted user)

For those who are questioning the $100-$200/hr rate. I personally charge $100/hr because my hourly rate at my actual job is $150/hr. I’m interested in offering actual therapy that is done outside the scope of an office. ❤️

• I get more messages than I can handle. I live in Toronto 120ph and I host. What cuddlers charge and what clients are willing to pay shouldn't matter to anybody else but them.

• I am free and cheap. I should take the moniker Cuddle Floozy.

• I have cuddled with someone asking 100 and someone asking 50 per hour and the 50 per hour was much better because I could cuddle with her for two hours and she didn't charge me 100 because she liked cuddling with me.
    I have never found someone who wants more money to be better at cuddling. Quite the opposite.
    Sorry if this offends anyone. It shouldn't. It's just my experience.

• I just started, I am setting mine at $50 for the first hour and if you book a second hour you get 50% off of that. Seems fair.

• @SnuggleShelley just make sure it’s within the guidelines of cuddle comfort. They have a rule that you can’t go lower than $40/hour.

• I changed the discount to 25% off, that should fix it.

• @SnuggleShelley
    If you were closer I'd cuddle with you for 4 hours and have to spend some of that figuring out the final cost. I feel there is a cost vs benefit ratio to everything we do, and when there is a disparity, there needs to be a re-evaluation .

In my area I can goto a cuddle party for 4 hours for 23.00 and cuddle my eyes out lol.

• [Deleted User]muayna (deleted user)

Just my own personal perspective here. I’ve seen professionals have discount pricing. I’ve also had clients negotiate prices, which in all honestly, is exactly what I would do. You agree on the fee and service. We are contractors. Also remember professionals have to pay a fee for confirmed bookings. The value of the service depends on the type of Platonic comfort you provide. Have a wonderful day.

• edited January 2020

Thank you @DonLonG for your astute assessment and supportive comments regarding professional cuddlers fees.

At $85 an hour, with body maintenance ( pedicure and short acrylic nails for back scratches in sessions $110 a week), certification, products ( bojoil.com candles $19.99 each, moisture body butter that I bring with me $19.99 for myself and clients, a scrub and exfoliate that I use everyday $19.99 a jar a week ), 10 pairs of cuddle pajamas that I bought specifically to wear for cuddling. I wear a fresh pair for each session that Ichange into on site to be aa clean and hygienicas possible. I wash these pajamas after every session along with myself; if I do 3 cuddles a day that equals 4 showers a day and 3 outfit changes and washing everything involved ( I come from 3 generations of OCD nurses) So that is water bill, clothes, pajamas, snuggie, weighted blanket and me). Factor in the cost of two snuggies, 2 weighted blankets, body wipes, hand sanitizer, extra toothpaste and disposable toothbrushes ( the client may need one), all the books that I have bought and read, investing an hour in the blog each day, advertising, monthly fee for tracker on my car and a microchip that I had implanted in my shoulder ( $49.99 a month to track me). This doesn't include networking, advertising, tracking business costs, maintaining client records, business cards, time wasters, hours of back and forth to get one safe sound platonic client, and travel ( in Atlanta it might take you an hour to go 14 miles).

Truth be told, I gave a discount Black Friday for a week. It was nothing but trouble. I didn't have one good booking. One guy cancelled, who had a suite at the Ritz Carlton because my minimum was 90 minutes. Yes folks he wanted to give me $65 to come snuggle in his $450 a night room in Buckhead with a $28 parking fee, no thank you. When that special ended I set my rate at $85 on this site and actually had 3 bookings from this site since. I missed two people. That exta $5 attracted more people in my niche, Sundowners, Insomniacs, Agoraphobics, Caregivers ( I would always offer a caregiver a discount) and people who travel 200 to 300 nights out of the year as I use to do.

On Cuddlist I went up to $90 hr and on Cuddle Connect, weary business travelers who generally want someone to share a meal with, have a sympathetic ear, and snuggle while we watch Netflix don't have a problem with this rate for the most part. I will be raising my rate to $90 on this site as well. At that price, I still need a two hour booking minimum really to make it all worthwhile.

I pay a therapist $200 an hour. Generally, when I see him I listen more to his problems than discussing my own. With me you get a cuddle customized to you. I try to find out what a clients concerns are, their stressors, what relaxes them, and based on our first cuddle develop an action plan to help them achieve their goals and happy place more consistently. I am worth every penny. Insurance companies should be paying me for wellness care.

• [Deleted User]Missnursejen (deleted user)

My brother once told me, and he owns a business, “If you work cheap you work for cheap people”. Meaning that people who are wanting to pay less often want the same quality or even more than what someone would expect.
    Its true in my experience too.
    My point of charging as much as I do it that I offer a quality service and value myself. I also set clear boundaries and my time is worth that much to me.

• As long you you guys are willing to pay the money, prices will continue to rise. When I first joined CC , top dollar was 80 per hour. Many were charging less. Within 2 years, "pro" cuddlers, some who just joined with no experience are charging 100 and several charging much more. I saw one today wanting 160 an hour. Of course, none of this normally includes travel or lodging expenses. Can't blame the ladies if you have men paying it. Sadly, it has priced out a lot of us that need it and are good cuddlers. I'm still a member, but not much cuddling lately.

• What is this nonsense, there is no disparity in price. Almost nothing has as narrow a price band as cuddling.

Cuddle pricing is all within a factor of three, and the vast majority of it is within a factor of about 3/2. An eight page thread about cuddling being a cartel would make a lot more sense.

• I just upped my prices for safely and piece of mind 🤷🏾‍♀️. I drive a lot and had creepy experiences. I personally used to ask for a little bit more if I'm going out of my way for tolls and gas. I think that's fair considering I travel.

• I am hosting now as well 😅

• I am guessing the higher priced 'pros' think they are superior to others out there

• I just upped my price due to getting an office to host sessions. I try not to charge a ridiculous amount but I have a lot of overhead expenses and am limited in the number of clients I can see with covid.

• It’s BS in my opinion

• I upped my price to $200/hr cause I’m not accepting sessions right now, or for the past several months, and was hoping the price would deter people from messaging me. It has not. I wouldn’t feel very comfortable charging this much per hour but people are still interested in paying it. I don’t think it’s bs, there’s plenty of pros offering prices across the range (and plenty of reasons why). Clients can pick and choose who and what feels right to them just as pros can.

• For the same reason you go to the store to buy bread and its all different prices or any other item.

• Hello all from Puerto Rico

• As an inexperienced cuddler living in a very rural area, I wouldn't dream of charging more than my current rate. The travel costs alone for the drive I make takes most of the money I would earn, however, having been on the other end, I understand the longing for physical contact. Sometimes just to listen, or a hug is all a person needs. Cuddling doesnt seem all warm and fuzzy when it's done solely for the money.

• Nobody is entitled to anybody's time. Pros can charge what they want. If she is outside or your price range, move on to the next one.

• If you are charging $200 and still getting people interested there may be some possibility that some of those messages are from the wrong type of clientele. I have seen accounts on pause. Perhaps you could pause yours if that is a user option.

• [Deleted User]az22 (deleted user)
    edited February 2021

"If you are charging $200 and still getting people interested there may be some possibility that some of those messages are from the wrong type of clientele. I have seen accounts on pause. Perhaps you could pause yours if that is a user option."

LOL Exactly. I'm confused why a pro would not just pause her account, and instead waste her and other's time for posting fake rates.

Based on conversations with other men, I don't think many men will pay more than $100. Obviously there are some that will pay more than that, but more than $100 will turn off the vast majority of men.

If you are charging $3 a minute, then 9 times out of ten, something else is going on. A man isn't going to pay $200 an hour without looking for something more.

Professionals dictate their own rates, not CC. [-Sid]

• I personally think that whatever you think your time and expertise is worth you should charge. I made bad experiences charging less and way better experiences charging more...you attract different clients depending on what you charge...it also differs depending on the area you live in.
    Saying PROs who charge more feel superior to other pro cuddlers who charge less is BS, sorry but that's what it is. It's all about how much you value yourself and your time.
    I enjoy cuddling too, but that doesn't mean I have to do it for free or less money just because I do so. I enjoy being a nurse, I enjoy being a teacher and coach...do I charge less because I enjoy it? DEFINITELY NOT!!! In fact, the more experiences I gain, the more I invest in my knowledge and the more competent I get the more I charge even if I love the sh*t out of what I'm doing.
    I'm a PROfessional in my every day work...and yes you can also be a PROfessional in cuddling, it's all about how you treat it.
    So the question is, what makes you a PRO cuddler and what makes you an amateur on the way to a PRO. To me the answer is EXPERIENCE and many hours of self education.
    You wanna be a PRO cuddler, do yourself a favor, check out books, watch videos of professionals, find someone to practice different cuddle positions with, talk to other PRO's who have more experiences and even go to seminars if they offer any near you. I've been to a few even travelled to other states to get more experiences...that's how serious I take it. I don't tell you be like me _but_ you should know if you wanna be a PRO, get yourself the PRO education and treat it like a business...if not, then just be en enthusiast and give it away for free.
    But you will realize the more time and effort you put in to becoming a PRO the more you will charge. And everything under $80-100/h is just showing that you don't value your service enough or you simply don't really see yourself as a real PRO.

I'm ready for the back fire =)

• @brittany001 you are not a pro cuddler. You should not be advertising yourself. Plus, it comes off as non platonic when you say you can make their fantasies come to life.

• @Aurora87 couldn't have said it better myself. Good for you and it is so refreshing to see more practitioners on here who take thier work seriously and value their craft so much that they seek continuing education. Keep it up! 🙌