Something someone might be surprised to know about you

Comments

• It's not so true now, but back in the '80s, when MTV actually played music videos, someone caught me watching Headbanger's ball and called me the unlikeliest metal head he had ever met.

• When I was 4, 5, or 6, I had a cold. My mother had me keep a handkerchief under my pillow in case I woke up and had to blow my nose. I got better, but I kept sleeping with a handkerchief under my pillow to this day. I didn't tell my mom that until a year or two before she died.

• I have an uncontrolled habit of limerick writing. I'm proud to say, however, that it's been almost a week since my last limerick. One day at a time!

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)
    edited February 2021

@JoyfulHeart has a unique affliction
    For he has a lim'rick addiction
    But one day at a time
    He's cut back on rhyme
    So goes his poetic restriction

• there once was a man from Nantucket ....

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

I am black.

• I have severe ADHsquirrel!

I don't trust myself.

I played football with Harry Connic Jr.

Mark Twain is one of my ancestors.

I've performed in the Kennedy Center.

I've been two miles away from a space shuttle launch in the family section where the press cannot go. It was probably one of the most inspiring and terrifying moments of my life. Even two miles away I could feel the vibrations of the rockets in my chest so severely that it affected my ability to smoothly take in a breath. The only people who are closer are the spouses of the crew and the doctors watching over the spouses.

I grew up next door to an astronaut... probably should have said that one first.

That is all.

For now.

I think.

@ChefKate
    Impressive. Good topics for a discussion.

• @Mmart I'll keep that in mind.

• And @Mmart everyone is black.

If someone takes offense to this, please message me. It has been scientifically proven that the white people are the genetic anomalies. We're the weirdos.

@ChefKate
    Hmm, I can learn from you.

• Learning is good, mmmkay @Mmart

• I have super powers:)

• I like the song Hey Ya by Outkast, Tons of Songs by They Might Be Giants, I laughed myself off the couch when I saw The Naked Gin for the first time.

• As a child I was a clogger and once I saw a Sasquatch! (Please no hateful comments on this.. it’s true)

• I used to be a nightclub bouncer and once body checked Kanye West’s manager and tossed him out of a venue for reaching for the cash box behind the counter.

• @cuddleanurse you mean that was you who startled me while I was doing my quarterly nude forest stroll ??

• People seen me for ages then realized
    I have
    1 Hazel eyes
    2 freckles.

I have 8 siblings. All older than me.

• @pmvines uh oh! Didn’t realize it was you! 😂😂😂😂

• @cuddleanurse now that you have seen me naked in the woods does this mean we can leave each other karma?

• I never learned how to ride a bicycle.

• I fired a .303 Bren gun on full-auto while at school in England.

• I was 15 and in a car that was shot into. My friend who was driving was shot in the face . We happened to be 2 blocks from hospital so he drove himself in with a hole.in his face

• I think I'm more surprised to know it about myself. I still don't think I'm double jointed and friends only rarely said something about it. But doctors usually are like wow you're double jointed. And I'm like are you serious? How? Lol. Still in denial here unless they're making a mistake!

• I pretty much always need some sort of noise or distraction. My ears are constantly ringing. It really bothers me when it is quiet , so I need noise to drown it out .

• I enjoy pedis even though my feet are extremely ticklish , and even let them paint my nails if they want ..

• edited April 2022

When I was like 14 I got into my very first fender bender driving out of state in a stolen car , while having been up all night on cocaine and whiskey

• I was once told I was a baritone singer by a music teacher (simply based off my speaking voice), only to later be told by my current Bel Canto singing teacher that I seem to actually be a tenor (which I was quite pleased to hear).

I for the life of me can't swallow pills. Always get everything in liquid or powder form. That or crush a pill or open a capsule.