Something someone might be surprised to know about you

Comments

• I'm distantly related to Willie Nelson and the only famous person I've ever knowingly met was Joey Fatone of NSync.

• @MarthaSpeaks YES. It was a bad/(grand)dad joke - I don't really get it anymore than you. But I thing it was more about the TIME, rather than the PLACE he was from, as he was not Australian. He was from Yorshire...in the North of England...in the UK.

• @Wildcat95h I'm afraid I don't know whether you can be (British AND American), either. But I know someone who will know! Over to you...

• Ok good. I thought I was missing something.

• @MarthaSpeaks Nope that's as good as it gets, I'm afraid. Sorry to disappoint...

• @BrittneySweet Ah, but as you say, thatcis only KNOWINGLY.

• It was all just a dream all along

• I have a passion for putting out fires ever since my mother told me as a young boy that I was born with a fire hose.

• @FunCartel did you hold on to the firehouse to make your escape? Or did the water pressure force your evacuation?

• edited June 2019

@Wildcat95h - you can check here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-british-parent

Unfortunately, now that the UK is leaving the EU, the value of British citizenship will not be the same. While we were in the EU, you could go, live and work virtually anywhere in Europe.

• @BashfulLoner Give to the Fireman’s Fund and I will tell you all my firefighting secrets. ?

• @FunCartel i have my own firehose stories of my own. Hopefully they and lt goes to the grave with me.

• I'm ambidextrous in most things (excluding penmanship). I play a mean game of badminton. And I love disco golf.

• I cried at the series finale of Breaking Bad! I also do a pretty decent Chewbacca impersonation

• edited June 2019

When I was about 5, I was playing with matches and set a Twin mattress on fire.

My mother was able to throw it out the bedroom window. Fifth floor apartment in Amersfoort, The Netherlands.

When I was a little younger, I wallpapered our kitchen with potato peels. They are very sticky as they dry. Mom was not amused.

• @CardiacKid Are you Irish? I could see an Irish kid wallpapering with potatoes.

• _Are you Irish? I could see an Irish kid wallpapering with potatoes.
    _
    Around here you may be called racist. Not be me, of course.

• I guess...but I see your point cardiac that you have pointed out before on another joke you held back on. I will consult me lucky charms before speaking in the future me lad.

• I tell just about no one in my life that I am involved in the Cuddle community. Outside of a select people, I would have no idea how to explain a cuddle party or that I platonic cuddle strangers, and professionals, and thought of becoming a Cuddlist myself. No idea how to start that conversation with a lot of the people in my life.

• I have a soft spot for K pop

• @FunCartel and @MarthaSpeaks

"egg’s a hen’s fruit" is hilarious!

There's a part of me that would really like to whisper that near stangers in the grocery store...

• @BabyBrat ~ Sorry if already asked and answered, but Disco Golf?!

I have so many ideas of what this could be and I'm down for all of them!

but I still want to know, what is it?

• I sang the national anthem and Canadian National anthem at a Toronto Blue Jays game at their stadium along with my high school choir.

Of course, this was years ago but still something I remember fondly.

• Something someone might be surprised to know about you:

I'm able to come up with work-around solutions and temporary fixes for almost any issue or problem - and if I can't, I'm pretty good at finding someone who can.

My "physical plane" skills are most often put to use on road trips and when camping and are a mashup of [old-school] MacGyver, Wallace Shawn's character from How To Be Perfect in Just Three Days, Wallace (from Wallace and Gromit), a Tinker-fairy, Wile E. Coyote and the like, and a bit of Inspector Gadget too.

• Disc golfing I think it's what she meant.
    Check it out on a search engine, fun times! I have a whole set of disks myself

• [Deleted User]spikesfan (deleted user)

Although I don't play an instrument and can barely carry a tune, I write song lyrics.

• I've had multiple concussions. The last time was from being rear-ended by a large truck pulling a trailer. I saw it coming and think I must have had the clutch fully engaged. My car was launched into the bumper of the car in front of me which repelled me back into the truck for a second hit. I believe that's when my head hit the window. When I came to I was temporarily paralyzed (it was under 30 minutes). More long-term was being unable to read for well over six months. I could read the words individually but didn't know their meaning.

That was ten years ago, and to this day I still struggle with reading, comprehension and retention. Also, it takes me an absurd amount of time to compose [forum] messages, emails, texts, etc. because I have to write, read, fill in missed words, cut and paste entire sections, reread, and repeat as necessary for it to make sense.

And sometimes, even after all that, I'm still not fully understood.

• A three year old I was protecting ran onto the field at halftime during an NFL game.

(Buccaneers beat the Lions, 21-10.)

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

I hold a largely irrational hatred of Austin Powers deep inside of me

• @HoldenCaulfield - If that was all it took to cause a Bucs win, clearly you need to get that 3 year old season tickets :-)