I wonder what percentage of people actually come here for what this site is for

Comments

• Since the crackdown on other sites like Backpage and Craigslist, there are def more transients on here looking for a pay to play, or a casual encounter. Gotta spend the time to filter through some of the folks on here, but there are some truly great folks. Not all bad apples, though the bad ones seem to be the most memorable and make the biggest impact.

• There are a LOT of people here looking for more. But there are genuine people here too. You just have to find them ?

-Michelle
    ~RV cuddles starting in the Mid-Atlantic in July~

• I agree with other long-time posters here. It's a great community, and the majority know and follow the platonic rules, and then there are those that think they're entitled to share their every erection - dude - we DON'T care.

Chin up and keep an eye on the platonic cuddle prize (though note there have been multiple threads and reminders on what platonic means in the first place). Be generous with ignoring the jerks and trolls. If you need to up the ante, report and block them for inappropriate behavior.

• [Deleted User]CharlesTwisted (deleted user)

The dual, dichotomous presence of both Pros and Amateurs really muddies the waters here.

• @Sideon Did you just inadvertently elude to the start of another potential boner thread? Oh yay I hope so!!!

• @pmvines And there's pearl clutching and offended gasps every single time, too.

• @Sideon We wouldn't have it any other way...

• It’s really sad the amount of weirdos I’ve gotten on here. It’s definitely disheartening and sometimes makes me worry about the people who seem nice and normal. I’m still trying to believe platonic cuddles are out there.

• I don't think anyone should come here seeking or hoping for anything but platonic cuddles and meetings. Im sure its tough for pros because there are some people who think they can get what they want just by waving enough $$ at it. Even when the pro has clearly stated otherwise either on her profile or during conversation leading up to the appointment. Now in a situation when 2 enthusiasts meet ( and I'm sure I'll catch blowback for this , as long as the intentions are platonic in nature going into it with no expectations if 2 people meet find they have chemistry and come to a mutual agreement they would like more to happen then more power to them being consenting adults and all ... Keyword being consent from both parties and that this was platonic going into the meeting. After all it would be naive to think even though this isn't a dating site that couples haven't met here or that there hasn't been romantic or sexual attraction between people who've met here after cuddling. Facebook isn't a dating site either neither or instagram or Twitter but couples meet there lol.

• I just heard about another young woman who came here looking for platonic cuddling and left after a short time because of the tsunami of sexual messages she got. As an older woman, I've still fielded my share. At least three fellows in our messaging have implied there's more on their menu than platonic activity, and 4 guys (different ones) were banned in mid conversation with me who showed no sign of being inappropriate in their messages. It's a very real thing to contend with, sorting through the funky ones to get to the gold nuggets, but damn they're out there! I've met with 4 guys so far and none pushed boundaries, but I feel that's a result of my radar and screening process. . As a younger woman I did not have the maturity, strength nor skill to be able to do that so I understand why women hightail it out of here.

• Once it hits the session none of us know what happens, so this is all speculation.

• It’s sad to here all the negative experiences people have had with other members on here, especially with people wanting more than just cuddling and hugging. Being a man who wants to cuddle other men, I don’t see as much of the inappropriate behavior and sexual talk that women do and it disheartens me that people go out of their way to do that even on a website like this. I’ve had 3 experiences so far with other cuddlers from this website and they have been nothing but genuine, honest, and authentic people whom wanted connection and cuddling. Some people have been banned who I’ve had conversations with but nothin in our conversations was inappropriate which seems slightly concerning. At the end of the day, there are going to be honest and dishonest people no matter the website and sometimes it takes patience to find the true, honest individuals. They are out there!!!

• 27%*are here for platonic cuddling.

96% come here for other reasons.
    This includes12% who are trying to improve their math(s).

• [Deleted User]Missnursejen (deleted user)

Good question Dave. I have accepted one cuddle request and rejected many others. In general I feel like it’s easy to tell what people want fairy quickly. Trust your gut. For sure.

• I've only accepted platonic cuddles and everyone who I have cuddled with has been of a platonic nature. Yes, I have met a few who were interested in using this as a dating site, and when they learn that it isn't one they usually leave the site quickly.

As far as unmarked pros. and potential scammers, I report them immediately.

• edited December 2019

CC is a jungle. I have encountered relationship suggestions ranging from romantic involvement, sex and sex for hire all within the context of companionship. When the conversation tip-toes over into any of these areas I just go dead quiet. I've yet to be pressured. I take some of it as basic human nature. Some people are only capable of binary social exchanges for which I allow. I think I have done a good job of deflecting people with ulterior motives to cuddling. But at CC's core is a tactile community which is why I'm here. I expect people to, on occasion, knock on a door that I keep locked. I also hold dear those moments in which cuddling highs sore beyond anything I ever expected. I find CC to be a good place. When it's not, it's pretty obvious. CC does a great job of banning after a report.

• The more the true cuddlers stand together and report those of ill nature, the community will get stronger. Those coming to the site for anything against the rules will always show up, but for those that want to keep this site for its main purpose, keep reporting! ☺️

• [Deleted User]SociallyAwkward (deleted user)

I do.

• edited December 2019

Yay @Sheena123 I feel the same--that if the entire true (platonic) cuddling community reports consistently, folks will get weeded out quickly. Thank you!

Unfortunately, my sense is that there are a good portion on here who like the lines blurred and many who will not report. I think more women would stay if their experience matched the intention of the site, but it often does not.

• @Sheena123 ,I totally agree!! As I said, I report those who come on for purposes that that the site was not intended for.

• edited December 2019

i believe that a flaw in the site is having a listing for your “Orientation”...and maybe that’s creating some confusion.

why is that necessary when the site is of a platonic nature? having the understanding of what gender a member prefers to cuddle, should be all that one needs to know, in regards to that??

also, what need is there to know ones marital or single “Status”?

idk...maybe im being over analytical?

• This site is built for intimacy and well... Intimacy is a good start. I would imagine that even with honest intentions things can go further with a right person. The difference I see between this site and dating sites are lack of pressure. When you date and nothing sexual happens it disappoints. Here it's the main point. Spend some time nice with other person. Everything else is something extra. Paradoxically it can work in favour of developing deeper relations.
    It's just such a shame a lot of men still display an attitude that makes women alerted :( Cuddling should be about relaxing for everybody involved.

• I’ve never been one to report people for stuff but I think I may start here. People are right in saying that everyone doing that will only help. I do also think that having “want kids?” As a profile question seems really strange.

• @ElGuero Orientation is very helpful to me. It keeps me in line with people I don't have to explain everything to. There is a kind of knowingness amongst the LGBTQIA community that I appreciate. If I were to encounter a cuddler who was intolerant it could end a cuddle on the spot.

Marital status helps those of us who would not want to cuddle someone who was involved.

You are not over analyzing at all. Your questions make perfect sense.

• It seems that only 2% are here for platonic cuddling anymore, while 98% are here looking for sex or other sexual acts or a relationship. I'm about to give up on this site.

• [Deleted User]ShyBunny (deleted user)

All of my cuddles have been platonic. I do get people who want more but they usually suggest that well in advance and are easy to filter through. It's still disappointing when it happens.

• @JasonCuddles...also a good point referring to “kids”. imo, any mention of that, is not critical when selecting a cuddle partner and it really should not be anyone’s business unless it comes up in conversation and the individuals are comfortable with discussing their family...

• edited December 2019

@Missy87 "I'm about to give up on this site."

Would it work if you just stayed with existing clients you know are OK (with the occasional new client who was recommended by others)?

• edited December 2019

@ElGuero I like knowing if someone has kids or not. I will not cuddle as a guest in someone else's house if kids are present. I don't think it's fair to the child. Kids may or may not express or even know to express what they are honestly feeling about a stranger coming into the house in this kind of situation. To end any and all speculation on the matter, I simply refuse to be a guest of a person with kids.

Also keep in mind, most of the fields in a CC profile can be left blank.

This discussion has been locked.