Am I being a jerk?

Comments

• I went to a job interview, and had to bring along a 2-gallon urine sample. I asked if this was for some detailed medical test, but was told, "No, we just wanted to make sure you were serious".

• @MissAdventurous I thought I got it. I said twice that I 100% agree with what you said. Just offered an additional view. I am assuming you are responding to me.

• In the UK version of The Office, the manager is given a big pile of CVs / resumes to check over. He throws a random half in the bin, and says, "I want people who are lucky".

• @geoff1000 It is good to be both serious and lucky.

• @geoff1000 I tried to be serious about getting lucky but was only lucky that I got serious.

• Do you charge to cuddle? If so why do you care how they greet you as long as it's not negative or crazy.

• @MissAdventurous So what are your clowns like? Are they like ICP? Or more Bozo or Gacy?

• I think we all need to lighten up, and try to add some humour to this forum. After all, cuddling is supposed to be fun.

• When you snatch this stone from me it will be time for you to Cuddle. And I will be kidney stone free.

—Master from Kung Fu

• Thanks to everyone who have made useful comments.

• [Deleted User]Alexjustforu70 (deleted user)

@Snugglewithme80 if you look at @Babichev 's profile (the original poster) she doesn't have to come up with something witty or interesting for every single member contacted. It's already there in her profile.

@littermate I want to make a formal plea for you to widen your age range to include me and @Babichev. You have no idea what you're missing in the crop of women with birth years proximal to yours.

Truer words have never been spoken!!

@Babichev ...Hi, how are you?

Sorry I couldn't help it. lol.

• Without reading all the comments in this post, i just want to offer this thought. I find it difficult to dialogue to empty space. I quite often in person and the forums by gathering a response or opening to my conversations. If i see you in person, before begin a conversation or an introduction I’ll begin with some sort of salutations. When a response is made I’ll offer more information, begin to share information about me and what not.

I’m not saying the desire for more in the initial contact is wrong, i just don’t think it’s practical. Especially considering as a man the responses are few and far between. It is a much larger rejection after sharing my heart and soul with no response. That just my feeling.

• I think this matter goes both ways. I’ve sent out long messages about my hopes and why I messaged someone in particular. 99% of the time I do not get a reply, or if I do, it’s a sentence or two back. No effort on their part was made. So I’ve thought about making templates introductions and blasting them out and seeing what sticks. But there aren’t many gals in my area.

But I think guys may do this (from my experience anyway) because of the lack of effort on the gals’ part. But to the gals’ defense, guy out number gals like 50/1. So you gals must get just a ton of messages.

Honestly I’m losing faith in finding someone.

• @Riverside77 I am surprised you didn't get a reply. Your profile looks legit with summary, pictures and everything else filled out nicely. The only thing I can think of is the fact that you are "married" might stop women in replying to you. I have read a thread recently from a female cuddler that she doesn't reply to anyone that is "married". That doesn't stop me from replying because everyone's got a story. I would at least give him a chance to explain.

• @Riverside77 I am not surprised and you are right—the women get overrun with messages. With that being said, when I come to an area I have to send out 20 messages to hear from 4 or 5, of which 2 will say they are unavailable. I am in the Bay Area and Sacramento this week and I have a full slate and I was surprised to only send out maybe 10 requests—very unusual. But I digress—yes it is a numbers game with messages so I say a sentence about myself, the dates I will be available and a photo. I used to say more but I tell you what—I get more response based on my face pic than I ever did with a message. So, despite denials to the contrary, women do look at looks for a cuddle—not all, but most that responded have commented on the photo. So take all of this for what it’s worth.

• Sounds like you have it down @FunCartel!

I want to add that some of us are also feeling into someone from the photo - so for me, the photo isn't primarly about the looks--it's about the qualities that are conveyed through the photo. I imagine some of us are more keyed into that than others but it's a major factor for me.

• Of course i have it down—I downloaded a pic of Brad Pitt and George Clooney together and I add the message “Guess which one I am.”

• @FunCartel hahaha
    I had someone do something pretty funny - he was about to reveal his picture and he posted a super silly creepy taxi cab driver picture - who knows where he got it. Like an obviously doctored pic to make the person look like a super freak. I sometimes think to post Large Marge from Peewee's Big Adventure for fun, but haven't yet.

• A couple things going on here. First it can be hard for men on platforms like this and others. A lot of times it's one of those damned if you do damned if you don't can't win kind of things. While I understand how the OP says they don't want brief generic messages like " Hi " or " How are you ? " but at the same token I can sit down read through your profile thoroughly several times over , craft the most thoughtful , original message ever , proof read it , spell check it , send it up to my editor for review and once Im positive I have a NY Times best seller or a Pulitzer Prize message ready to go hit send and ........ Crickets ..... You do that enough times with the same results your confidence and patience starts to leave and eventually you're like why bother if I get the same outcome as a one liner ? You know why am I even dedicating the time ? And I understand yes know one is owed anything of course no matter what but I do agree you could be missing out on some genuinely nice people. They're just jaded and fatigued by lack of results or don't have any confidence the message the OP is asking for is going to land them better results because it hasn't

• @angela10 thanks for the encouraging message and thank you for the compliments. Yes, being married has a hindered my search. People always assume the worst, and yes I do have a story. But I only tell it when asked, because it seems to fake if I just put it all out there from the start. Trying to be honest, have integrity. And honestly, it’s the ones who put “single” who are actually married that you have to worry about. So what is it that I have to do? Honesty doesn’t seem to work. Investment in a long thoughtful email doesn’t not supply good returns.

@FunCartel thanks for your thoughtful message too and the time you took to write it. Much appreciated.

Getting jaded, but I’ll try to stick with it.

• @Riverside77 I am not deterred by someone being married, as long as their partner isn't a psycho that's going to come after me with a weapon or anything else. This is mostly because there are lots of situations where people are lonely within a marriage and snuggling for me is a human thing, not a cheat-y thing. I also think there are lots of situations people have so the drop-down choices can be limiting for those who have creative arrangements. I've seen people on here who love their spouse but for whatever reason, health, age, etc., they aren't getting snuggled. For me that's their business. I can understand other perspectives, but that's mine.

• @littermate your perspective is like mine. Thanks for your message as well.

I still have no plans to be in the Bay Area. Lol but I’ll let you know if you’re offer still stands. (I changed my user name since we last talked)

• edited December 2019

You bet.
    Yep, let me know @Riverside77. :)

• edited December 2019

Guys are visual and see a picture and reply without following the instructions. Perhaps keep your profile with few words and to the point. You could list what you request. I teach adult students (females and males) and repeat the same instructions many times. My line is, ''it is all fun and games until final grades are out.'' That gets their attention :)

• I have been given many things ( physical and intangible ) in life, without paying for them ; but that usually requires "payment" of time, effort, or emotional investment. If you wanted a free lift in someone's car, you'd have to make more effort than hiring a taxi.

• As far as people not reading profiles or at least not reading them all the way through. Im sure some of it is them blatantly ignoring it and just going off what they think is a pretty picture. But I think more so often it's a product of today's society where everything is text speak , instant gratification , give me all the data in as few words as possible and in as little time possible because Im too busy to read every word you thought out. And as someone with a very short attention span when it comes to reading if I come across a profile that looks like it goes on for pages on any website or social media platform I'll tap out and move on .... I agree with what a couple of people have said earlier lead with what you think is the most important info 1st.

• Let's remove the internet out of the equation for a moment... Have you ever gone to a party or networking event or any other place where face to face social interactions occur? If anyone approached you and greeted you with a smile and they said "Hi" or "Hello" "How are you?" Would you tell them to "Buzz Off" that wouldn't be very polite would it? Have you ever approached someone you've never met before in public and your 1st words were "I'm an Atheist, how about you?" Probably not right? So maybe next time someone says "Hi" or "Hello" "How are you?" Close your eyes and imagine they were smiling when they wrote that, think of that as the bread on the table then the waiter tells you about the specials then you get your drinks then your entree then if it all goes well you get to cuddle and that's your dessert. And that makes for a complete dining experience. Not everyone may like or want the bread but it's nice to know it's there. I hope this gives all women who feel the same another perspective. But if a guy opens with "Sup" or "Hey baby" or "Shorty" or "Sexy" then please feel free to verbally smack him upside the head!

Thank you for your time 🙂