Ten Things Your Professional Cuddler Wants You to Know.

2»

Comments

• This was helpful to read and has helped me feel a little less nervous about possibly booking with a professional cuddler. I haven't cuddled with anyone from this site yet. I'm new and exploring the different topics in the discussion to learn more about rules, expectations and other people's experiences to mentally get more comfortable.

• Welcome, @ZuriEmlyn. Yes, you definitely should have a session with a professional cuddler. No, you shouldn't do it until you are comfortable with the whole process.

Read the beginning of the Frequently Asked Questions sticky topic on the General board.

• You want the same thin I do but you want money too….doesn’t seem fair

• edited January 13

@noteasy welcome to the site. Being a professional cuddler is a difficult and demanding job and a large proportion of the people who attempt it give up almost immediately, once they realise just how hard it is. There is a great deal more to it than meets the eye.

These threads may help you find the cuddles you need:

• And I’d like to remind people that we are allowed to have a job that we genuinely enjoy. Let me put that out into the ether 👍🏻🌸👍🏻

• While I don't argue with any of the points made, and as usual, very well-articulated by @xandriarain, this could easily be a list written by a client addressed to pro cuddlers, ironically enough.

Yes, we deal with all the exact same things you do.....perhaps not as intensely, unsafely, or as often, but nonetheless, the same. I have been treated as a potential sex client and called babe, hun, etc. I have met cuddlers who look nothing like their profile pics, or are extremely flattered by those pics. Again, not a big deal, but as you say, we simply want to know what you look like. I can't tell you how often I meet a cuddling pro who smells very challenging to me, with lots of chemical perfumes. The number of cancellations, lateness, etc. are not inconsequential. #5 doesn't apply much, but just a little.....would probably ask explain your needs as to how you prefer to be received. Staying in touch prior to sessions run the gamut from fastidious to completely radio silent, leaving the client to wonder if indeed there is a forthcoming session at all. The marriage/relationship is literally exactly the same......when a pro cuddler is serving clients to the chagrin of their partner/spouse, this can sometime present challenges for the client. We don't care, but it should be transparent to us, at least as it needs to be for you. Energetically there is consequence. #8 rarely if ever applies, but 9 and 10 are huge. Please read OUR profiles, our karma, understand what we like.....and we are all not the same, so please don't treat us as such.

I am not at all suggesting that cuddling clients are put in the same vulnerable situation as the cuddlers offering services, nor am I suggesting that the volume of having to deal with such challenges are anywhere near the same. The full time pro cuddlers are dealing with the issues stated a dozen or more times a week, while we may just be managing a couple a month. Nonetheless, I wanted to post so that we can understand that it is not simply a one-way street for "tips"......though you (the OP and all the contributing/agreeing pros that followed with praise) all probably quite conscious and follow your own tips as regards session preparation, do know that you do not represent the majority. There are dozens of transient pros that come and go and violate most of the tips your refer to for clients. I want to broaden the perspective so that as regards cuddling protocols......we are not programmed in our thinking to constantly bash the male client, but rather mention tips for clients and pros alike.

• @beaubliss I 100% agree that pros on this site should be held to a higher standard of professionalism than they are. When a pro behaves unprofessionally or inappropriately it undermines the public perception of those of us who are career cuddle therapists and take this work very seriously. Not to mention it creates a barrier for clients who really need the service because they can’t always differentiate between the different levels of professionalism that exists in our community.