Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• And please include the state in the visitors view.

• @Mark, it now appears that if someone deletes her account, the karma she previously gave you disappears as well? Yesterday I had eleven reviews, and now I have ten. Once I figured out whose had disappeared, I checked her profile and found it deleted. I wasn't sure if she had simply removed her own review of me before departing, so I checked on another guy's profile that previously had a review from her. His is gone too. So is this a new policy?

Back in the day, the karma would remain and would say it was from "deleted account" or whatever the precise wording was. I have one like that from an enthusiast cuddler who deleted her account to turn pro. Why this change? Good karma is too helpful to have it disappear because its writer has moved on. I'd love to see it return to the way it was.

• edited March 2018

Nothing has changed, at least not intentionally. I just did a live test and the Karma remained after I deleted the test account.

Perhaps she removed the reviews because she was worried about leaving any traces behind.

• [Deleted User]ShoShoZ (deleted user)

@quietman775 I think I know exactly who you're talking about. I believe she deliberately deleted the karma that she left for others before departing the CC community. She would have done this because "deleted cuddler" isn't always a good look, even if it's a detailed 5-star review.

• @Mark , Thanks for the clarification. @ShoShoZZ Yep, you're right. And I can't really fault her reasoning. I just hate to see the karma count moving in the wrong direction, :-)

• I was given karma by a person who was eventually banned . The karma remained for a little while but eventually disappeared. Is this because they were banned?

• edited March 2018

Yes. For now banned karma is removed manually when spotted and will be automatic at some point.

• It would be helpful if there were a requirement with a minimum word count -- say, maybe 25 words -- before a new account registration can be completed. The burden should never be on the person who was just messaged with "when are you available" from someone who has nothing on their profile page to dig out enough information to determine whether that person is compatible or safe to cuddle with.

• [Deleted User]GameStriker4481 (deleted user)

I'm just curious, how often does this website get updated? I feel like this website needs a bit more color. I do like the blue and white.

• edited March 2018

@GameStriker4481 - I have to disagree, the last thing this site needs is 'more color'. Personally, I find the blue and white very calming. Actually, until you mentioned the color I had never even noticed it - which to me is a sign of a very good design. One subtle change that might look nice is if the dark blue bars on the Home page had an ombre effect, getting progressively lighter toward the right side.

• I don’t think the user just wants more color thrown into the site. From the question about “when it was last updated”, I also agree that the user interface has an outdated appearance. But that’s just my opinion and maybe I misread the question and they actually want more color thrown about. However, even with that said, I do appreciate the simplicity and how user friendly the site is overall.

• Agreeing with @BlueIris here - there should be a minimum word count for every profile. Blank profiles are pure laziness and usually 100% troll-in-waiting.

Yeah, I agree as well. There should be a minimum word count for a profile. Also, how often does this website get updated? I'm curious.

• edited April 2018

@GameStriker4481 - it gets updated several times a day when new cuddlers sign up, when anyone updates their profile, or when anyone posts on a forum like you and I just did. If you read back through the messages on this thread, you will learn that several changes have been made in response to user requests.

• edited April 2018

There is something wrong with the way photos are displayed. They seem to be being forced to display in a squarish format. The right side or bottom of oblong photos is chopped off. When you click on a photo, it shows the entire photo but unless you do that, you don't see the whole photo. Classic examples are @amecorwin and @kitt two cuddlers who recently joined.

• edited April 2018

@UKGuy I believe that's a simple case of some people choosing to upload photos without cropping them first. And until recently, the crop function integrated within the website wasn't working properly.

Coincidentally, in a few weeks there should be implementation of auto-cropping based on facial recognition. This should generally solve the issue, at least for new profiles.

• @Mark - the auto-cropping feature should help with the photos issue.
    It would be nice to be able to include a short caption with each photo, so we could add a few details about the photo.

• edited April 2018

Update:

• New gender options have now been implemented in Sign Up, Edit Profile and Search.

It doesn't seem like it on the surface but this turned out to be one of the most complex features added since launch. So I wouldn't be surprised if there are bugs to be discovered. This was a frequently requested feature and while our approach might not be perfect due to some practical considerations, it's definitely a big step in the right direction for an inclusive community like CC.

• Sexual orientation is now added as a search filter. Additional orientations will be added in the next update.

• I would love to filter by if they host, are a guest or prefer public cuddling. or even when looking at the main screen of cuddlers, or pros screen of professional cuddlers, a H, G, or public would save time going through profiles.

• in the forums;
    adding the State _in the forums next to profile name would help, so often I think about where someone resides after reading their interesting response or connect with what they are saying, i wonder if they are a within a 2+/- hours car ride range, and find they are 987 miles away. its all good, starting that cuddle connection is good too, so when travel to that area comes to be, cuddling would be more welcomed.
    _I'm from _New York
    , btw...:)_

• @Mark - Why would anyone want to search a platonic site by sexual orientation? What we need to know is who will they cuddle with. I've seen plenty of straight women who only cuddle with other women, so searching for straight women won't help a guy.

• @UKGuy I agree. The only reason I used that search option was to find other asexuals, but otherwise it does seem completely unnecessary...

• edited April 2018

The asexual option might be reason enough when you consider both communities overlap so much. But I think there's a cultural element to this. For example, perhaps a Gay person might seek out another in the hope of more meaningful conversation due to shared experiences and life challenges. Same goes for Ethnicity where on the surface it seems unnecessary.

I think the real issue is preventing bloat and that will ultimately be solved with a redesign of Search.

cc: @Freethinker9179

• What is the reason for the five stickies in the cuddle requests forum? Why are those locations special? If it's because they have a lot of comments that's because they're stickied, ha. That forum section is sort of a mess. Most people post in there without any indication of where they are in the title, which I pretty much ignore. If there are going to be stickied threads, there should be one for each region represented in the community, or none at all. I would vote for there being a stickied thread for each region. Maybe that would reduce the number of people posting placeless threads and increase the number of people finding others.

• edited April 2018

If it's because they have a lot of comments that's because they're stickied, ha.

They had lots of comments before were they stickied. That's why they eventually got stickied.

I don't really browse the request forums so give it very little thought. I admit it's a bit of a free-for-all over there.

• edited April 2018

Definitely agree with encouraging people to have profile pics. It's a cuddle site, don't get why people would be embarrassed or ashamed to show their face on here? Unless married and looking for something on the side.

Also, why does it ask if we want future children? I left that blank coz it's nobodies business.

• edited April 2018

@happybear Glad to say that both your suggestions are already planned.

• edited April 2018

"It's a cuddle site, don't get why people would be embarrassed or ashamed to show their face on here? Unless married and looking for something on the side."

@feir There are many reasons someone might not want to post a pic here, and they need not involve shame, embarrassment or sneaking around. Consider:

1. Many people value the idea of privacy and the freedom not to be observed. The idea is that they can control what they share about themselves, when, and with whom. I am happy to send pics to anyone who is contemplating meeting me. It's easy now that photos can be sent via PM on the site. But I would never have joined if required (as some have suggested) to show my picture to the entire world. That's not about shame or embarrassment; it's about personal autonomy. The right to choose.
    2. For many entrepreneurs our face is part of our business branding. The cuddle movement is not universally understood or accepted. If someone makes a business decision not to display his brand somewhere potential customers might disapprove, that's a rational business decision. Likewise, some employees might reasonable be concerned about adverse consequences on the job if they are recognized on here by superiors at work.
    3. The reason was all use screen names instead of our legal names is to be anonymous. Displaying your real face next to the made-up screen name defeats that purpose. You're not anonymous if people recognize you.

I could list more reasons, but you get the idea. Certainly no need to assume it's all about cheating spouses. For some, it's about principles, and the cheating spouse insinuation gets old. I feel that the profile picture system ain't broke, and I hope @Mark doesn't "fix" it. :-)

• [Deleted User]lilredmage (deleted user)

I 100% agree with @quietman775 .

Same I agree with @quietman775 . I personally don't use my actual photo for privacy concerns. I give a photo of me after I talk with a person and I feel comfortable with them. I feel that a profile pic is unnecessary. HOWEVER, I do feel it should be required that there should be something written in the "About Me" section.