‘Tis the Season for movies and snuggles

Comments

• (omgosh @geoff1000 please don't tell anyone... I am in the 1%!!!)

• @sillysassy
    WAS in the 1%. 😀
    I didn't know how to find a cuddler's page from their username, so I'm glad to have recovered some of my credibility.

Edit. Hans Gruber was the ANtagonist.

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)

@littermate I'd be SO down for a LOTR cuddle party... lol A few years ago I was really sick at Christmas and I laid on the couch and watch LOTR for two days between napping.

• @2dogmom What's awesome about being over 50 is that I generally forget most of a movie by a week after watching it. Just watched Corpse Bride with my daughter and honestly, barely remembered any of the plot. Just that there was a guy and a corpse bride.

LOTR cuddle party might have to happen at some point. I'll keep you in mind. :)

• @littermate
    I keep watching Reservoir Dogs, looking out for the reservoir or the dogs.

• Haha @geoff1000 - now there's one I haven't seen. You recommend?

• @littermate if you like Tarantino or Pulp Fiction, it is a must. If you are easily offended, then no.

• edited December 2019

I loved Pulp Fiction and I'm not easily offended, thanks @FunCartel.

• Omgosh!!!!!!! @littermate and @2dogmom I so completely and totally resonate with this! I’m not even 50 yet! I usually forget the specifics and for the most part forget the plot twists so it’s perfect to watch things again and again.

This is for all the DIE HARD FANS.... @snuggleme123 @FunCartel @pmvines @DaytonCuddler
    My son and I just watched the first one. It was so fun to watch!!! He’s like “Mom... isn’t he an old guy now? Are you sure none of that was computer graphics?” 😂😂😂 All those big huge monitors. The first idea of a touch screen..... and it fulfilled my notion of a love story because he comes to his senses when he’s about to die and says “Tell my wife I love her and I’m sorry”. The entire score was Christmas music. Even the scary guy songs had hints of traditional songs in the melody. So fun! Thanks guys!! ♥️

• I absolutely adore MOVIE SNUGGLES!!! Not everyone enjoys that but I think it is super fun to find a movie theater with big comfy recliners where you can sit close and cuddle. One time a fellow cuddler and I even took a blanket and pillow in! A completely enjoyable time. Inside out of the chilly air and a wonderfully relaxing/interesting movie.... maybe some snacks..... Ahhhhhhhh HEAVEN!!!

FULL DISCLOSURE...... I just watched my first Christmas movie of the season. (meaning after Halloween..... I will not mention the Christmas movie watched this summer in preparation for THIS Christmas season!!)

• edited November 2021

Eeep I absolutely adooooreeee festive movies, hot coco with candy canes and snuggles 🤗🤗
    I’ll certainly be going through this thread a few times during the Christmas season to get some more ideas of what to watch 😍😍
    Edward scissor hands is definitely a great choice, and a huge fan of the classic frosty, Rudolph, heat miser etc. those are on every year for me!! 😍
    A few of my favorites I didn’t think I saw mentioned yet as far as holiday movies go;
    🎄 Polar express
    🎄 Disney’s once upon a Christmas
    🎄 Disney’s twice upon a Christmas
    🎄 grandma got run over by a reindeer
    🎄 home alone
    🎄 the grinch movies of couuurse
    🎄 Charlie Brown Christmas

• edited November 2021

@Brandi Rudolph is on Monday night 8pm EST on CBS ! 💖

• OMGOSH @Brandi how cute are YOU?????

Maybe we should gather up some peeps and do a MOVIE ZOOM across the land!!!! Grab your snuggle buddy and pop the popcorn.

Or maybe we'll just all come out to sunshiny CA and do a PARK Movie. 💗

@OhioMike I love Rudolph.... The original one where you can see each drawing as it moves to the next one or is reused for efficiency. We have come along way since flip movies. hahahha

• Not exactly holiday fare but over the weekend I got to snuggle with a friend while we watched Memento.

• Omgosh!!! @Babichev that looks so so so interesting!! This is definitely NOT a thread about holiday movies.... Just chilly days that bring out the movie snuggler in me. I think I'm going to have to get my angsty teenager to at least SIT by me and watch this! IT looks so fantastic!

• Memento, definitely a top 10 all time. Carrie Ann Moss and Joe Pantoliano both of The Matrix fame shine really bright on this one.
    A movie that begins with the ending? cmon! it doesn’t get any better than that, “Hey Lenny” (Joe Pantoliano)
    Damn, now I’m gonna have to re watch this movie for the 50th time!

• @cuddleversed I loved the Matrix! I movie line that all the time. "Ahem, do you want to take the red pill or the blue pill?"

I even say things like "We need to ask the Oracle (meaning Google)" and always think of that beautiful woman talking to Neo.

I can't wait to watch Memento now! I can watch movies over and over.... especially with a good snuggle. Like PRINCESS BRIDE! 😂😁🤣 So many silly classics that I just love. Oh Shoot.... Napoleon Dynamite..... YES!

• edited November 2021

One movie I love to watch every year (or every couple–few years) is White Christmas, starring Rosemary Clooney, Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Vera-Ellen.

I also like the old Christmas specials like Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, and A Charlie Brown Christmas. I'm not crazy about some of the screechy child singers of "Christmastime Is Here," but I love the song. A better version from the same era is on Snowfall: The Tony Bennett Christmas Album (1968).

It's a Wonderful Life is also an annual favorite.

I enjoy watching more current Christmas movies as well. My latest favorite is A Boy Called Christmas on Netflix. I'm also looking forward to watching the first gay Christmas movie produced by Netflix, Single All the Way, premiering this Thursday.

• edited December 2021

Last night I watched Crybaby, a John Waters film starring a very young Johnny Depp. It’s hilarious. I didn’t get any cuddles, though. An ex-BF invited me over for dinner, which was very nice of him, but he’s not into being cuddly and that’s okay.

If you like that kind of film, it’s hilarious. Very camp, over the top exaggerated humor. Iggy Pop is in it and the woman who was the lead female in HairSpray, I can’t remember her name. It was good time.

• @nurturingman this was so sweet! I love that Netflix and Amazon are producing movies themselves instead of just big cinema stuff. This one was so adorable!

My latest favorite is A Boy Called Christmas on Netflix

hahahahhaha Oh @Babichev "he’s not into being cuddly" maybe that's why he is an EX????
    Ahhhhhhh Young Jonny Depp. What a cutie pie. 😊 I just watched Chocolat LOVE IT!! 🥰💗💓

• edited November 2022

Ok.... I know not everyone is a Christmas movie fan..... but here in Colorado we are starting to get VERY cold days.... (and some 50 degree days as well, because that's CO!!)

No matter your holiday preference... its seems like NOW is the time for movies and snuggles!! I know this is an older thread but I love adding to it, because then we can scroll up and see all the ideas.

I recently got to have a tremendous movie theater snuggle and watched the new TOP GUN!!!! My poor cuddle pal had to deal with so many tears because of my memories as a teenager (and also because of how much I liked the movie)

What are your fav's??

• I was just at a wedding and we talked about favorite holiday movies. Last week I watch Scrooge, which is one of my favorites. I love a year without a Santa Claus. Christmas vacation is good. Plus people always argue, so I always throw in diehard.

• My all-time favorite is White Christmas. ❤🩶 Amazing music and voices, beautiful costumes, hilarious scenes, nostalgia galore...

My "recent" favorite is The Holiday, with Kate Winslet. 🥰 Sweet, snarky, poignant, and fun.

So happy Christmas season is here! ❄️

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited November 2022

The Family Man (Nick Cage)
    A Christmas Story
    Life is Beautiful

• Omgosh!!!!! DIE HARD!!!! Yes 😂😂😂 I love that it has the holiday season in it.

And Kate Winslet after all of her “Titanic and Sense and Sensibility” characters I loved seeing her in this role. ♥️

• @sillysassy If there is a movie called Huggsdammit, I'd watch it whilst cuddling. 🤓

• @JoyfulHeart HUGSDAMMIT 😂😂😂YES!!! I could watch that lots and lots of times.

I think the first time I saw Ron white was during the cold wintertime. We were laughing so hard my sister almost went into labor. There's something to be said for cuddles and COMEDY!!! He is not always appropriate. Please don't open if you have sensitive ears.

“Tater Salad”

The airplane

Diamonds….. “truth in advertising”

• I post this every year and it is time yet again:

• Omgosh.... @FunCartel always the funny one!!! 😁😂🤣

Has anyone seen this yet? I'm not always a Marvel/Superhero type movie but omgosh.... The first one was absolutely incredible!!!

....and just because.... wow.... I did not realize that he had colon cancer. My brother got diagnosed when he was 43. My heart hurts for those struggling with cancer and for their families. Life is hard. Everyone needs more cuddles. 😔

• Hellraiser marathon with something warm to drink and a throwblanket 😌