Cuddler Contract and Independent Contractor Agreement
I (“Cuddler”) understand and agree to all of the following:
- The Cuddler will perform services as independent contractor using the Cuddle Comfort website. The services are platonic companionship with a Client.
- The Cuddler is entirely responsible for the service they provide to the Client. We do not check the credibility or authenticity of the Client.
- The Cuddler must not offer any non-platonic services (i.e. fetish related, sexual services, etc.) through Cuddle Comfort or outside of our website.
Scheduling & Communication
- All appointments must be confirmed on Cuddle Comfort using the booking panel that appears above the conversation with the client. This applies to all subsequent sessions with the same Client.
- You are only permitted to exchange contact information (e.g. phone and email) after confirming a session using the booking panel.
- All contact with the Client, including scheduling, should remain on our website unless absolutely necessary.
- We reserve the right to monitor your online conversations with a Client, and regularly contact the Client to gain feedback on your services.
- The Cuddler is responsible for collecting payment from the Client which should be done before the cuddle session begins. You can ask the Client to pay in cash or online via your preferred internet payment company (e.g. Paypal, Square).
- After the session has ended, Cuddle Comfort will charge the payment card linked to your account for 15% of the Total Session Price.
- For special circumstances where the automatic fee did not fully cover a session, you must manually pay us the 15% share of the applicable session cost. This is done using the 'Misc Payment' page found in the bookings section and should occur within 48 hours of the session ending.
- You are allowed to charge Clients for your services at a rate of your choosing.
- You are allowed to charge Clients for your travel time. You can also omit Travel costs from the Total Session Price that you enter in the booking panel.
- If you cancel within 12 hours we ask you offer the Client compensation in the form of a discount for their next session with you.
- If you cancel within 24 hours and your session includes a rental space arrangement prepaid for by the Client, we ask you pay the full price of that rental cost. In the reverse scenario we ask the same of the Client in order to compensate you.
- Client deposits are applicable for refund when an agreed arrangement is changed at your request, or when the arrangement and deposit terms were not clearly communicated beforehand. Any deposit requirements should be stated clearly in your profile. In any case, we reserve the right to require the return of a deposit if we deem the circumstances to be unreasonable for the client.
- No sexual activity is permitted. You are not allowed to solicit for sex with the Client.
- Both parties will remain clothed the entire session. Undergarments do not constitute as sufficient clothing. If either party needs to change clothing this will be done in private and out of sight of the other party. If a Client shows off areas normally covered by undergarments purposely, the Cuddler has the right to end the session immediately.
- No touching in areas covered by undergarments is permitted. If this occurs, the Cuddler has the right to end the session immediately. No kissing is allowed.
- Cleanliness and adequate hygiene is required by both parties. This specifically includes showering/teeth brushed within 12 hours of the appointment, wearing freshly laundered clothing, and no (or minimal) perfume/cologne be worn by both parties unless requested.
- Before meeting in person, you should check that the Client has read and understood the 'Client Service Agreement'. The client will always see a link to this below the message text-box. We also prompt the client to read it within the reoccuring 'Cuddle Rules' pop-up.
- Cuddle Comfort makes no claim that using our website to organise cuddle sessions is safe. Before any session begins, the Cuddler should always exercise due diligence independent of our website in respect to satisfying their own peace of mind in regards to safety.
- Cuddlers may carry and use a non-lethal personal defense item to defend themselves, subject to local laws and regulations.
Your Online Profile
- By uploading your photo for use in your profile, you agree to allow Cuddle Comfort to use your photos in any manner to promote you and/or Cuddle Comfort. Cuddle Comfort similarly reserves the right to alter your photo(s), and post the altered photo(s) for such purposes. Your photos and its altered versions may be used for marketing and advertising.
- You are asked to fill out your profile page on our website. This may be altered to conform to the image that is deemed best represents you as a Professional Cuddler, and Cuddle Comfort as a reputable company.
- We occasionally receive requests from the media looking to contact professional cuddlers on our platform. In these cases, your profile link and email may be provided to them in order for you to have the option of benefiting from potential media opportunities.
- You agree to not initiate communication with our members unless you have reason to believe they will be interested in your services. Our membership includes enthusiasts (free) and clients. The website is designed for clients to reach out to professional cuddlers.
- In regards to the law: To arrest you, money must exchange hands for a sex act, or expressions indicating intent to commit a sex act. You should not be arrested for Cuddling. If you are arrested, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Cuddle Comfort and CuddleComfort.com for any and all legal fees.
- The Cuddler will not break any federal, city, state or county laws, statutes or regulations while performing services with the Client.
- The Cuddler shall be solely responsible for any and all taxes, Social Security contributions or payments, disability insurance, unemployment taxes, and other payroll type taxes applicable to payments received from Clients.
- Following the termination of the Cuddler's account for any reason, the Cuddler shall not solicit business from current Clients or Clients who have been retained from Cuddle Comfort in the 6 month period immediately preceding the Cuddler's termination for a period of 1 year.
- The Cuddler agrees hereby to indemnify and hold harmless Cuddle Comfort and CuddleComfort.com from any and all claims by the Cuddler which may arise out of and in the course of the performance of his/her duties hereunder. Any and all claims for unemployment benefits and or claims for worker's compensation benefits are hereby expressly waived by the Cuddler who agrees to maintain his/her own liability, professional liability, health, and accident insurance as may be necessary or required by Cuddle Comfort.
- The Cuddler enters into this Agreement as, and shall continue to be, an independent contractor. All Services shall be performed only by Cuddler and Cuddler's employees. Under no circumstances shall Cuddler, or any of Cuddler's employees, look to Cuddle Comfort as his/her employer, or as a partner, agent or principal. Neither Cuddler, nor any of Cuddler's employees, shall be entitled to any benefits accorded to Cuddle Comfort's employees, including without limitation worker's compensation, disability insurance, vacation or sick pay. Cuddler shall be responsible for providing, at Cuddler's expense, and in Cuddler's name, unemployment, disability, worker's compensation and other insurance, as well as licenses and permits usual or necessary for conducting the Services.