PSA: Catfish 101

Comments

• @SunsetSnuggles - I saw a photo of the ugliest dog that went viral on Facebook and everyone was commenting on how cute it was.

• @Mike403 There are ugliest dog contests, it's pretty amusing. Poor lil thangs.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited June 2022

@Mike403 & @SunsetSnuggles there are many critters that are so ugly that they're cute. How about this Woodstork?

• @GreatHornedOwl That must be why people cuddle me, I'm so ugly I'm cute! 😁 Been trying to figure out their logic.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• We may not think we’re affected by the degree of someone’s attractiveness but research has found this not to be true. It occurs even among animals. The thinking is that, from an evolutionary point of view, attractiveness = healthy. It affects who gets hired for a job and whether they get promoted or not. There is a mountain of research supporting this. Here’s one paper that looks at common traits across species, such as symmetry. Full text.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3130383/

• Don't develop an emotional connection with someone you met online, without meeting them first. That's the worst kind of catfish.

• The best kind of catfish is one that is served for dinner.

• @MCcuddles2 I've done that many a time. I'm capable of falling in love with people who I have zero physical attraction to. The internet is a strange creature.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• [Deleted User]Lunaari (deleted user)
    edited July 2022

I'm sure I'll experience the "are you real"!? question...but it has yet to happen.

I barely signed up and was barely accepted as a new pro. I haven't had any time to make karma or get reviewed.

I feel this is description fits me, and it almost feels unjust. We do exist. 😂😅

I was infact referred here by another pro who is highly rated for our area.

• @Lunaari did you really write that 5 days ago and now you have 5 karma? On top of a full time job and parenting?? You’re amazing!

• That is unusual. @Lunaari, how did you manage to get five cuddle sessions in 5 days as a new pro? I’m sure others would love to know your magic formula.

• When i see a profile with no info..o dont even aknowledge it. Next!

• [Deleted User]applebee123579 (deleted user)

Thank you. ❤️ Appreciate what to look out for.

• I’m not a catfish but I don’t do video calls. They give me major anxiety and I have even turned down jobs that required zoom interviews. I’d rather meet in person.

• @littleBlackbird I understand, I hate them as well. But while I avoid them, I do tell people that if they have any safety concerns, I will certainly jump on a quick video call, despite my aversion. Thus far, no one has asked.

I have voluntarily done a few video calls though, and have already met a good handful of people here (no video confirmation required). Usually I know people well enough before meeting that no one has any concerns.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited August 2022

@Babichev, dang @Lunaari deactivated her account. I was also curious about the high karma count so fast!

• Re:@lunaari I noticed she had gotten one of her karma from someone who had a virtual session with me. Perhaps she was able to accrue karma quickly that way.

• I don't think I would share my phone number with an other cuddler unless we meet multiple times and we become best friends. But I dont mind using snap or skype as if I fall on a catfish or someone who bothers me, it is more easy to block them on those app.

• Confession: I've been waiting for this thread to unravel into all of us posting catfish photos of ourselves. Is today the day?

• @MxSmith love the chucky tattoo!

• @MxSmith Oh you wanna play this game?

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

What do you think?

• edited August 2022

Yes, YESSSSS. BRING IT!!

• edited August 2022

Lol what did i miss??..why is everyone giving @Lunaari a hard time🤔...why is it not possible for her to get 5 Karma's in 5 days, i had 6 Sessions last week 3 left Karmas, 3 didnt🤷...Some cuddlers dont want their significant other to know they are on our WONDERFUL SITE getting the attention and affection they need and deserve from someone else on here and or that they are a pro...so she probably should of had more then that..
    .ie..i could care less about looks, i cuddle all shapes, races and sizes...ive been catfish several times, But in A good way😂🤣😂...the cuddler looked better then the fake pics they posted...ALL I CARE ABOUT IS THAT THEY ARE CLEAN 🧼🚿🧽

• @GODHANDS I don't think anybody is giving @Lunaari a hard time. It's just that five Karma in five days is an astonishing rate, given that most clients don't leave Karma at all. It raises a question in the mind of experienced cuddlers as to how it was achieved, given that top-rated, highly experienced professionals cannot do it.

One possibility that concerns us is that is that the professional may be asking clients to leave Karma, which is inappropriate because it could put a vulnerable client in a difficult or scary position.

• [Deleted User]txgirl12 (deleted user)

Does it count as catfishing if you meet someone in person and they’ve clearly lied about their age (like 10+ years) and used REALLY old pictures in their profile?

• @txgirl12 I personnaly wouldn't see it as catifishing, but that's just cause I really dont mind the age of people.
    some get very self conscious as they growth older, especially for pictures.
    I guess it depends if you have mention to them if there was an age range you preferred your cuddler to be or not?
    maybe its something you should ad to your profile, so it's clear for the future...

• edited August 2022

@txgirl12 I'm not sure it quite counts as catfishing, but yes it can reach the point where it's dishonest because we have an unspoken but universal convention that photos are of you and are a fair representation of what you look like now. There is a similar problem with extreme makeup.

@RainsCuddle it's not about the age. It's partly about honesty, and partly about safety. There is no problem with posting out of date pictures as long as they are identified as such.

• [Deleted User]txgirl12 (deleted user)

@RainsCuddle Thank you for your response, that’s a great point. I know I’m definitely self conscious too. Adding an age range to my profile probably would have helped.

@CuddleDuncan You make some really great points and have made me feel validated. And yes, that was my immediate worry. Any trust was immediately broken and I got more concerned about safety than I had been (although that really should have been my top priority from the beginning).