PSA: Catfish 101

1234568»

Comments

• edited November 2023

lisaaaawww is now catfishing me.

Reported and reviewed. Removed photos. [CharlieBear]

• Catfishing is horrible, but you should have a firm boundary. After a certain amount of messages you should have name, photo, and scheduled a session, once that’s in place ask for a FT/Zoom etc. Idk.. it’s one thing meeting a stranger, Lord forbid it’s a totally different person. 🤣

• I HAVE MET A FEW CATFISH IN RGIS SITE, just look to see what they tell ypu anf if it m,akes sense.

• I’ll take the advice and start reporting because I feel like I’m wasting time with a few NYC cuddles that have been here for 6 months+ and still don’t have any karma/about me section filled out

• It seems much easier to just not book with a cuddler whom has...

been here for 6 months+ and still don’t have any karma/about me section filled out

...if that's a red flag for you.

• Hello, Im new here, Im not catfish, but I look good. Yoga and dancing. I have one karma, but maybe men are afraid of me. It is just I dont wanna give my number to somebody who can not send money first, if it is virtual. Reality is different. So what should I do. I feel like men manipulate me, but maybe they just afraid of me beeng catfish....

• @LiliSlovakia yes, they are afraid you are a scammer. It does happen that criminals set up accounts, collect money from clients and then disappear. It's also the case that occasionally established members undergo some kind of crisis and steal money from clients. So the men are right to be careful.

This can make things difficult for professionals who are new, like you. One possible solution is to ask for only a very small deposit in advance, say $10 or even $5. This establishes the principle of paying a deposit, without the client risking too much money. Once you have more Karma, and have been here longer, then you may wish to consider raising the amount a little.

• @LiliSlovakia for virtual meets you could use something like Google Meet or Zoom. This way you do not need to send a phone number. At the same time the clients can pay after they see you on the screen.

• Video calls are always the way to go. I offer them all the time if that’s a concern but never had an issue. I can imagine it is frustrating!

• Also cat fish almost always use pictures of good looking people who are interested in average or below average looking people.

• ...cat fish almost always... are interested in average or below average looking people.

If this is true, that sounds like at least one commendable quality about so-called catfish.

Based on discussions in other threads, folks are routinely scolded for seeking out attractive cuddle partners.

• @TxTom ”folks are routinely scolded for seeking out attractive cuddle partners.”
    Yes that’s true and then they will have to complete a homework assignment. I prefer the blank profiles with no pictures that way I can never be disappointed