PSA: Catfish 101

Comments

• @CuddleDuncan i literally have a scar from a zipper!!! One of the best cuddles ever!! We switched positions and literally zipped a hole on my hand!
    Never again!!

• i kinda went nuts on my profile page putting links and also about my broadcasts and such to show im a real person not catfish @~@ i won't mind showing myself by calls on camera seriously

• edited March 2023

How many would object to a rule that every selfie had to include a date for when the picture was taken? I've seen a profile pictures where the 30 year old member looked 12. If that was what she really looked like, I'd be afraid to be seen with her in public.

• I just realized that there is a new trend. Age adjustment filters. What puzzles me is why a woman would apply a filter on a cuddle site that makes her look underage. Unless she is working with the FBI, what is the rationale?

• I have a good friend that was banned from the site from someone fishing. They set up a virtual and she appears wearing this black leather and spiked top ( think BDSM) and he replies “WOW”. She says that is why she charges $200/hr. He tells her that isn’t really his style for “kink” and she asks what he likes to which he said lingerie…. She asks for links to samples of the outfits…. So he sends them to her cell phone. The next day he is banned from the site of which he been part of for 4 years with ALL 5 star karmas. Reason for ban “engaging in kink”. He was absolutely set up. I saw everything they had texted. Nowhere did he tell her to wear anything. It was just links that she requested :/. Guy is pissed.

• One time someone contacted me and the photos were normal and stated 50 and a yoga practitioner. I’m like cool beans, showed up, the photos were 15 yrs old at least and no longer the person who did yoga. Oh well

• I am dying this is the best thread

• edited April 2023

@oregonfireguy - Have you considered that the girl who answered the door might have been a room mate.

• Crazy thing is everyone says that until they see me in person lol I getting “So you’re Not Catfish “ when I meet my cuddle buddies. I can only speak for myself.

• I am super new here and have no karma or friends but I am very real and my pics are real and i want to be successful! Any suggestions on what I can do or add to my Profile so Clients aren't scared that I don't have any feedback yet? Also how do you guys have the Clients Pay? Is it Cash or Online? I would say Cash is better but... what if its a long drive or something and you get all the way there and they dip or you hang out and then they refuse? Also any suggestions about safety ? When they want to cuddle at their place do you Ladies just go to their Home address right off the bat?
    Thanks so much in Advance! If anyone wants to Add me as a friend and chat or give me pointers I would love it !

• edited April 2023

You're going to critique another's profile and pics and yet you have nothing in your own, @teddybear888 ? No, sir. That's not going to happen. [-Sid]

• @MissCassie86 and not to mention you say you are open to anything new sounds like code word for
    Sex Work imo

• Welcome, @MissCassie86. Have a look at the sticky topics on the Professional board, starting with the first post of each one. You will find a lot of excellent hints and tips there.

• @sideon. Consider the topic, consider the context, take a step back, minus anything against me & look at the issue critically. As the job, not personally.

• edited May 2023

Surprisingly I never dealt with a catfish.....yet. I think it would be too much work for them to keep it up though so not sure how much of a good idea it is.

But....I had at least one person think I was a catfish and even a bot before. Catfish usually dies down fast but I get the bot one come up a lot and then I'm always thinking like...is it my writing, do I need more English classes,...what?lol

• @MissCassie86 welcome aboard! I don't remember exactly what I did to get clients on this site (I also have clients off this site) but one thing that is good is to start talking on here in threads and making some friends. I get a lot of messages from people who were like "Oh, I saw what you wrote and ..." So it won't hurt to try that. Also look up people nearby just to see how many clients are in your area to know how many clients you might have to work with on here too. With payments it is up to you. I accepted a lot more before but currently just cash and cashapp. Feel free to message me if you have questions! Hope you like it here.

• edited May 2023

@Amortentia - I’ve never had a catfish attempt on here but I get 2 or3 per day on Twitter and recently about 2-3 per week on LinkedIn. About 90% of them are very low effort attempts… photos of an attractive mid 20s to mid 30s Asian woman claiming to be from CA or NY, and saying that they don’t have any children and they are really attracted to older men (yes, they actually say all that in their first message). The messages typically come from accounts that are either less than two months old or more than 5 years old and they are typically following 500+ other people but they not being followed by a few dozen. Their Tweet histories are usually 10-20 Tweets long (even on a 5 year old account) and consist of fluffy, superficial “it’s a beautiful day” type of posts. I am assuming these are all bot accounts.

Then there are the much more sophisticated, and harder to detect catfishing attempts. The women’s photos are still attractive but more “normal” and diverse - probably real photos of real people scraped from social media but I have never bothered to do a reverse image search.

They are from a wider range of ages (early 30s to mid 50s) and ethnicities. Some even include a child in the profile pic. Their accounts are anywhere from 6 months to 4 years old, have several hundred followers and much longer tweet histories with more substance and they express political opinions similar to my own. In other words, rather than throwing out generic bait to a broad audience to see who bites, these catfishers are specifically targeting men like me and it certainly seems like there is a real person rather than a bot behind the account.

These accounts must be a lot more time consuming for catfishers to maintain but increasingly powerful AI tools are going to make theses higher quality attempts much more common and effective as they will be able to carry on months long conversations with potential victims and build trust with their victims with very little human effort from the catfishers.

• The internet seems to be filled with catfishes but people IRL are no better.
    Cioran and Dazai were right.
    My fellow Doomers might want to read Ningen Shikkaku, a classic Japanese Blackpilled novel.
    I find solace in solitude, Like the hunger artist of Kafka who fasts just because he finds all food unpalatable, A Hikikomori never leaves the house simply because there is nobody outside he can relate to.
    Kodokushi is better than Karoshi, just Like 2D characters are better than 3D characters.

• I jumped into the whole online dating scene for a while like so many others and one thing I got I don't even know how many times was he was deployed (always military) and they would give me the name of a valid place (oddly they were always shut down but i didn't tell them I knew that), they had one child and that child always lived with the scammers mom, never the child's mom. and of course would never video chat because of whatever reason. i have always asked for a video or pic with something very specific. Video, must say hello to me using my name something they won't find online in a minute or two. But if you pay close attention to how they speak (type) to you .. you can literally almost hear their accent. It is pretty easy to spot them. i also had 3 or 4 (in a matter of a couple of days) on instagram all wanting me to be their sugar baby. haha. i am almost 52 years old - i am no ones sugar baby. And their script was all the same.

I agree with the post above me about people IRL not being much better. The way the world has changed so much it almost makes me not want to engage with anyone anymore. People just don't care about each other anymore and don't care who they hurt as long as they get what they want. I have been on this site for only a few days and the people I have had the opportunity to cuddle with have been amazing. There is hope out there, but not enough to hold your breath.

• @MatureCuddlez, that's a nice phrase, I enjoyed that.

There is hope out there, but not enough to hold your breath.

• My biggest piece of advice is the same I instill on new models : Run background checks. If someone will not give me their legal name, I cannot be sure my business insurance will cover the liability; it's not worth it to me. I cannot stress how fewer scammy or catfishy messages I have received since posting about intake forms and background checks in my bio! Works like a charm.

@relaxtoday221, OMG. The zippers. BIG agree from me. :# The way you speak feels genuine & down to earth. I appreciate that.

• @SunsetSnuggles you're right I never saw it that way. I guess I mostly see it as providing solace to someone for me personally. For someone else it might me just being in close proximity to someone that they want to be next too.

• @relaxtoday221 , best post yet!!!! Zippers...OMG.

And you are still my favorite cuddler! :-D I love that you are keeping these Pros in line!

• Has anyone had a client request a cuddle and say they had a doctor recommend a cuddle work buddy? I’m new and just want to make sure I’m being safe and not wasting my time. Any help suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

• I'm no pro cuddler, but..
    There are a few providers in the mental health field who view Americans as being unhealthy touch deprived. So it's possible that your client is being honest, and a doctor did actually recommend something like that. I don't know what your local tax laws are, but it's possible they might want the receipt so they can count your services as a medically necessary expense 😁.

• Ok doc, if you don't renew my cuddle prescription right now I am going to hug you and not let go.

• Got catfished by a new cuddler. She showed up looking nothing like her photos. I paid for her gas and asked her to leave. Frustrating stuff, will not be taking chances like that again.

• @CuddleDuncan 😂😂 that was great!

• I would agree and also don't act as if you have your stuff together and we meet, and you don't even have a car?? Like it's 2023 I didn't even know people still took the UBER/LYFTS everywhere and the bus?! And then your excuse is...your saving up to move because you don't like where you're living currently.... and that's why you can't afford to get a car... which all sounds sketchy?!!! This happened to me recently with a cuddler on this platform.... like I don't agree with catfishing or lying!! Just be honest...