What are you doing right now?

Comments

• I've been watching a dragonfly with bright red wings circle over my pool.

• @pmvines thank you
    πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š you are far apart otherwise I could invite you to eat my lentils
    Chely

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited May 2020

@Siberian76 Absolutely! It's a mind body connection. When you activate your own neural pathways with self touching you automatically trigger the cells in every muscle and tissue fiber to fire electronically.

And you do feel it!

It's like a very pleasant yet pleasing current that moves through you. So one of the many effects is indeed a feeling of disconnecting so to speak from your muscles. As your chakras open up you do get that sensation of "floating". But you have to be very relaxed to experience it. And interestingly I find that is one of the most satisfying part self cuddling for me. Touching myself so mindfully and lovingly that I feel that deep relaxing pleasure that lasts for days.

It's way more satisfying and rejuvenating than sex. And it's more deeply enriching and reinvigorating than any cuddle I've had. And I've had some amazing and greatly enriching cuddles with folks I still interact with.

It's just high octane oxytocin serotonin dopamine release on a different level. I wouldn't trade it for anything. At least in my humble opinion.

What's also cool is that I'm loving myself at the same time with the best kind of TLC anyone can give him or herself. All without the need for or dependence on another.

Believe me I truly enjoy it!

Then again on second thought having read your profile I may just have given an honest response to a rhetorical question that was intended to be sarcastic!
    Either way it doesn't matter. Self cuddling is a way of life for me and it's also fun. So whatever.

To each his own.πŸ™

• @Bles
    @Siberian76

This BBC article "touches on" πŸ˜€ some of these ideas, explaining that touching our own face ( a real coronavirus no-no ) is emotionally rewarding.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-51879696/why-we-touch-our-faces-and-how-to-stop-doing-it

• @thelifeispretty ~ Did you make those cuff bracelets? They're stunning and have inspired me to dust off the bead loom! :-)

Woodburning now on hold...

• Trying to convince my cat to let me clean my car πŸ˜‹

• Working on my under the mask grin . Can you tell I'm smiling?

• [Deleted User]Softsupport (deleted user)

Laying in bed. Avoiding my dating apps. Scrolling through all the posts and actually posting stuff and responding. Maybe fall a sleep watching a classic 1950-1960s movie from YouTube.

• My son just moved back in and I'm feeling sentimental . He's 6 foot 2 and weighs 280 so ca
    nt exactly have him in my lap anymore πŸ˜…

• Enjoying a rare off day lol when you have 3 jobs they are few and far between . Am currently watching 3 hummingbirds on my balcony beat the crap out of each other . I have 2 feeders folks come on there's enough to go around πŸ˜…

• @pmvines - this brings me great joy to see you with a day off. Enjoy your day!

• @Sideon awe I adore you my friend thanks

• Listening to stressful politics.... idk why..... and answering messages

• My son and his boyfriend are over for the night . Got dinner and chatted a bit now debating whether to stay online or deactivate for a while so I can get some work done without distractions

• Hrm... πŸ€” Trying to decide if I should buy a stick and poke tattoo kit...

• [Deleted User]Duryea (deleted user)

Drinking chocolate milk and watching Breaking Bad.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

At this very moment, I am dreading my return to work.

Honestly, even the bland monotony of standing for hours beside a deafeningly loud machine feeding it ads from a seemingly never-ending set of pallets was better than working customer service at an all-night gas station. Unrewarding, yes. Intellectually unfulfilling, indubitably. Repetitive and hard on the joints, no argument. Unhealthy due to all the flying paper junk in the air, no doubt.

But at least I didn't have to deal with the public... and the newspaper was at least mostly good at respecting its workers as people with their own lives outside the business (as opposed to, say, breaking into their employee's lives and demanding their time at random hours without compensation).

Ugh. I can't tell you how much I'd rather be mending broken watches.

• At this very moment I’m wondering wether I should watch Hulu or Netflix / & wether I’m gonna watch a movie or a show

• Just laying around watching some TV

• @DarrenWalker Restoring the hours to watches preferable to zero hours contract eh?

@shawn1992 Anything good?

• Eating crap gas station pizza drinking a French vanilla triple shot java monster and trying to decide if I'm here enough to watch undubbed anime or if I need to settle for subtitles...

• Sitting at work and pretending to be busy...but actually planning my next getaway.

• Literally - posting on CC!
    Just before - muesli and fresh berries for breakfast.
    Soon - walking the dog.

• edited January 2021

Working overtime, kinda busy earlier, but now not as much. The radio talk show I listen to every time I work nights got over a little bit ago, that helps keep me awake, really inspiring story on there tonight.

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

Just got done at the doctors, having been hooked up to an ECG, been poked with needles and had to pee in and on various things.

For someone that gets anxious in medical situations, and also only likes being touched on their own terms, this was really difficult.

I'm anaemic, there might be something wrong with my kidneys, (more tests needed) and I'm tachycardic and they don't know why.

I'm scared.

• edited January 2021

@BuggleBear Aww buggle. That sounds scary. Hope you get through it okay. Not as scary as your profile pic tho :)

I'm at work. Well, I mean on on CC but I should be working.

• 2:30 pm est, currently at work stacking thousands of prepack inserts for southern Maryland news (newspaper)

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

@sunnysideup is my profile picture scary? Huh.

• After sleeping for what seemed forever 😴 πŸ’€ lol just finished showering / getting ready / & gonna head over to my mom for a delicious home cooked meal ☺️

• Putting on my safety gear and getting ready for temp/symptom check so I can clock in sigh...