Corona virus

Comments

• So people are endorsing omnicide in posts yet this is an accepting, loving community? The paradox hit parade continues on the forum.

• @FunCartel
    It's called "gallows humour", better than crying "we're all doooomed !"

• @geoff1000 I know what it tries to be, but it isn’t successful in this instance. People are dying and someone posts a lame joke at their expense. For the joke to have teeth, people first had to die. The crisis is recent and immediate, but the joke is tasteless as it attempts to push an agenda at the expense of those who just died. No tact at all.

• [Deleted User]LucidDreams84 (deleted user)

You people are too damn sensitive.

• we all gonna die, but catching this and you will be like a prisoner in high security segregation, isolated from everybody else, and you won't Iive a normal life ever again, you will also have to pay from your own pocket the cost of hospitalization, and it will be permanent untill you die, viruses never really disappear from the body, it just stays dormant, and that is the scariest thing ever.

• The notes I'm about to share are more or less along side the topic. Though, I'm going steps further to prepare for at least 2 weeks of potential lockdown, and for other factors besides the Cornavirus. My input is to avoid unnecessary interactions and puttings until the situation gets more under control. Or that they create vaccines, and or medications that adequately help against it. As for my notes, I'm still working on it, so it isn't polished yet. Though, I figured to help give anyone interested to learn and prepare, something to start with:

Short and Long Term Emergency/Disaster Planner:

Others:

Survival Skills,, Disaster/Emergency Kit - On A Budget:

• How to Make Fire, Water - Purification
    • First Aid, Multi-Purpose (Survival) Tools
    • Non Perishable Food Items, Radio
    • Quality Blankets, Jackets, etc.,
    • Hygiene Products, Salt, Tampons, etc.,

Emergency Communication:

Emergency Clothing:

• Underwears, Socks, Winter Hats, Light wear, 1 to 2 Jackets, etc.,

Other Essentials:

• Glow in the dark colors
    • Counters
    • Measuring Tapes

Books:

• One Second After

About 5% Entertainment:

• Fun/Light Books You Read Before - Don't reread
    • A few quality board, and card games
    • Maybe a ball or two too.

Others:

• About the masks, I think would actually help as many as possible to wear one that helps (prevent the spread of it) because from what I hear a person could be contiguous for about 2 weeks before showing symptoms. However, unfortunately, there's also the issue of shortage of supply and demand. Which is another reason why I think to limit unnecessary puttings and in person socialization besides with those who it's necessary to spend time with, until things are more under control, and definitely stock up on some food and necessary supplies to last you at least 2 weeks: not only for this phase, though it's good to make that a habit and rotate supplies, ensuring there's always extra non perishable/long lasting supplies stored properly.

• SoulcuddlerZ has an outstanding video from Vietnam.They demonstrate a good attitude and offer practical tips in a fun video.

• Time for some rare positive news? While still likely several times worse than the flu, South Korea's massive testing regime appears to be providing the first real evidence that the mortality rate could diminish significantly.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3065187/coronavirus-south-koreas-aggressive-testing-gives

• A quarantine hotel in China collapsed, killing at least 6 people. We could probably say that they were effectively killed because of the virus, but we must be careful in case "the cure is worse than the disease".

• edited March 2020

The importance of slowing the inevitable spread in order to prevent exceeding ICU bed availability.

• If the stock market keeps tanking due to virus fears that might make people spend less. Unless someone has a lot of extra spending money it might be difficult to justify spending $100 an hour to cuddle while any stock investments are losing value over a prolonged period of time . As of now I'm more worried about the economy than me personally contracting the disease from cuddling or any other way. This could change though if the virus becomes more prevalent in my area. To the contrary if there are signs that the spreading of virus is being controlled the panic and fear will diminish and the stocks can turn and resume going higher.

• edited March 2020

'Known corona virus cases in US now at 1000'. Merged the topic into here. [Mark]
    And considering that there are not enough test kits, and most infected are not even showing symptoms yet. It is a conclusive that there are at least 10,000 infected now in the US

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/coronavirus-updates-live-u-s-europe-brace-infection-spread-italy-n1153801/ncrd1154886#liveBlogHeader

• [Deleted User]MeAndWe (deleted user)
    edited March 2020

'The fear of the coronavirus is killing us more than the virus itself'. Merged the topic into here. [Mark]

Choose love over fear and this will be over soon. When we let fear grab hold of us everything suffers, including our health and economy. If you want to hurt someone make them afraid. Narcissists control us through fear and when we are no longer afraid we are free. Illness and disease and the fear of death kills many more of us than a disease itself. Lightworkers, way showers, and the children of light must NOT give into fear! We must always choose the vibration of love! I refuse to allow fear to grab hold of me and I hope you will join me! May we all push back on the fear that perhaps people behind the curtain wish us to believe in! Look at the back of a Lysol can. It includes the Coronavirus as being one of the viruses it can destroy. Why now? Why are we hearing about this so much if this virus has been around for a lot longer than we realize? Hmm... The American economy was doing amazing and suddenly we are inundated with non stop news of the threat of the virus? Common sense is what we need, not fear! There are only two choices, love or fear! All tyrants of the world rule through fear and this is the way I choose to view what is happening today. Don't be afraid, be smart, be wise, but never be afraid!!! That is what all narcissists want, whether they are viral or flesh. The world is still miraculous place. Never forget that! See beauty today and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on rather than fear.

• edited March 2020

The US has about the worst health care system in the world. People without health insurance will be unlikely to go to a doctor since it is expensive. So many people with symptoms will never get tested. If you don't have health insurance, the test would be very expensive. The US health care system is probably the least able to handle an epidemic of this sort.

• Family members of those who have died from this illness would disagree. There is no beauty in catching a preventable disease by those who refuse to be afraid of it.

• edited March 2020

Merged topic into here. [Mark]

Coronavirus the real big tough seemingly unbeatable bully?

• I'd be more afraid of the flu, heart disease, cancer, getting hit by a drunk driver, and my ex-wife.

• In my county, Pasco, here in Fl., USA 1st. case reported !!!

• I hat to see all the jokes on the net about it !!!!, very bad taste I think, I can not help but think of all the families that are affected by the death toll, very sad. The county I live in here in Fl., in the USA has it's 1st. case, not good news at all.

• [Deleted User]Snuggler21685 (deleted user)

Overblown bullcrap

• Dude will you please stop posting all this crap? Take your paranoia elsewhere. You keep making posts with these ridiculous numbers and 0 supporting facts.

• @alphares I would file that under fear mongering. Is Covid-19 serious? Absolutely, but keep in mind that the influenza pandemic in 1918 killed 50 million people worldwide and we did not have the technological and scientific resources we have now. So 40 million is an overreach.