Corona virus

167891012»

Comments

• @cabellye
    Bacterial growth in a petri dish is a good analogy, if we were watching the Black Death in the Middle Ages. Last I heard, droplets of agar jelly couldn't : test themselves, socially isolate, or work on a vaccine.

I was however, concerned to see New York resisting efforts to close down ; while Russia is planning a week of shut down, before their cases increase. Perhaps we in "democratic" countries could learn a lesson from regimes we think are "oppressive". The first job of a government is to protect its citizens.

I think the next big advance on the horizon, is a test which "gives a result in 5 minutes", because that will mean anyone who might interact with others, can be proven safe before they do. I'm also reminded that HIV sufferers can now take a pill, which makes them unable to pass the virus on ; and a similar one for this virus, would allow medical staff to work on such patients without risk of catching it. A big advantage over HIV, is that there is no stigma to being tested, so people won't shy away.