I'm irked and by golly you are going to hear about it!!

Comments

• My grievance for the day is people who dont shut the cabinets when done with whatever it was they were doing. My son and his boyfriend have been here past 2 days now and I dont think the cabinets have been closed all at once a single time !! Every time I close them all some seems to mysteriously pop back open . Bastards !!!

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

@pmvines

Have you tried sneaking over to an open cabinet while the perpetrators are still nearby and slamming the cabinet shut in a dramatic fashion? At the very least it might be good for a laugh, if it startles them.

• @pmvines People do that at work all the time---grab supplies from the supply cabinet and just walk away with the doors flung open. I'll always stop and close them being the OCD guy that I am, but that's one of many things that will always grind my gears.....................

• The open cabinet doors thing is a Thing. Some people have a need to have them open in the same way that some have a need to have them shut. It's just that needing them open to relieve some deep-seated anxiety is not as well known or as fashionable as needing them shut to relieve some deep-seated anxiety.

• You could always try printing this out and taping it up after you change the words "puts the dishes in the dishwasher" to "closes the cabinets". You'll at least be amused while you're annoyed :)

• 🖤
    I have thought along those lines, too.

• Old thread but kinder and gentler than its sister thread gripes and other grievances.

I am irked by the fact that I contacted 4 stores and each one were out of Mason jars .what the hell??

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

That sucks.

Could you find any Dixon cans?

• Trying to fix my car, but none of the stores or dealerships nearby have the part in stock!

• @creedhands

I nearly have the necessary 100 signatures necessary for the petition, but I have 3 non-assenters giving me problems. Can anyone tell me how to link their profile to this conversation so I can call them out on it?

@Sideon said he would sign up... How many more names for your petition??

I AM IRKED AS WELL that you can't find Mason Jars!!!!! What the actual heck???? By golly I would tell a MANAGER!!!!!!

• @CharlesThePoet
    I would use an old rusty bucket if it would mean more pear butter 😪
    @sillysassy
    Wanna start a riot with me ?

• ON THE WAY!!!!!!

oooooooooohhhhhhhhh Pear Butttttttter!!! I am irked that I have only made butter out of APPLES!!!!!!!!!

@pmvines

Oh man, pear butter. I apologize, I hadn’t realized how serious the situation was.

Can you freeze it?

• I was going to suggest to just eat it ALL really quickly!!!!!

@CharlesThePoet are you acting as Moderator or enthusiast here? 🤣😂😁 Omgosh.... Too soon?? I am irked that my fingers are STILL TYPING!!!!!! Somebody Stop me!!!!

• @CharlesThePoet family member crop over produces and decided to drop off a crate of them . I dont even really eat them that often lol

@sillysassy

This is my “Me” voice…

And this is my moderator voice -[CharlesthePoet]

The moderator voice is drenched in echo and reverb, for stylistic purposes.

• @sillysassy - now now. You tagged me and made me go back and read from whence this petition idea came from: @creedhands said

I would like to petition to rename the thread as it does not sit right with me. Anger, bother, annoy, even pet peeve would work.

The petition must now include: Irritation, exasperation, annoyance, indignation, umbrage, and vexation.

-Sid, Moderator of Gall and Distemper

@pmvines - can you send a sample? Not kidding.

• @sillysassy and @CharlesThePoet

This is my voice, which I think sounds like a Muppet with the occasional Rocky Mountain accent/twang.

This is my same voice in Mod-mode, and has voice-envy of @CharlesThePoet and his echo/reverb style.

• edited August 2021

sorry... edited.

• @CharlesThePoet ohhhhhhhhhhh YES I totally heard it!!!!!

The moderator voice is drenched in echo and reverb, for stylistic purposes

@Sideon UMBRAGE aaaaaaaaanddddddddd VEXATION????????? I am so swoony and completely diverted! Vexed and IRKED that you will not be here to catch me from said swoonyness!!!

• I'm thoroughly annoyed right now, it's thundering, heavy rain and the wind is blowing looks like it's going to be a pretty good summer Thunder Boomer. Perfect weather to stay in with a good book, or a good person.

Nope not me, I've got to go to work in it.

Same thing to all you people that enjoy the damn snow while sitting inside with a cup of some warm beverage. Working those times doesn't appeal to me either.

Rant over. I'm resigned to whatever the nights going to hold.

• My jimmies have been rustled, my ire piqued, my wrath inflamed, vexed and routed, much to my chagrin.

• @KYtranspant I am irked for you,.and also am irked at those who sit inside sipping hot beverages when it is snowing. Hot beverages are good for all seasons dammit not just snow !! Except for hot chocolate which, if you are over the age of 12 you should graduate to coffee for christ sake

edited August 2021

Coffee…. 🤮

What did that water ever do to you?

• edited August 2021

@Sideon trade you for some glass work 🙂

@pmvines - deal. [-Sid]

• @CharlesThePoet like a heroine addict who needs their methadone , I am lost without it

• @pmvines I'll have you know, I've upgraded my childhood hot beverage of choice with an additional splash of this. 😇

And as far as that ground Bean water? Not this lady. Not a fan of that flavor in anything.

• I'M MEAN AS HECK!!!!!!111!!!11!!one!!11!!!

• 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣