Something people might be surprised to know about you

Comments

• [Deleted User]Cris033 (deleted user)
    edited February 2018

I dont really understand what feelings are like, i usually just let my body act whatever it fells like doing, including laughing, crying or doing sad faces, and theres no stopping it. The only feeling i think i distinguish well enough is rage?
    (its not like im mad all the time, im more of a person who tries to avoid ruckus 80% of the time,but when i get mad, i get mad.)
    I dont think im completely devoid of feelings, i think i just feel them differently. I can feel tiny shifts which i call 'hues' because theyre like hues of colors, but im not sure if thats it. Im weird. xD

I also sometimes have flashes of thoughts that feel and are very deep but the feeling disappears in a second. Its like a bullet train of thoughts, very sudden and gone in a flash.

• Actually that sounds really interesting @Cris033

• @Cris033 Have you ever looked up schizoid personality type? I'm not saying you have it, but what you describe sounds like it might fit. I am not into diagnoses really, but if you are it might give you a starting point in case you wanted to pursue exploration of interventions. Up to you.

@pmvines I was curious about disorders some time ago, but havent heard of this one. I looked it up and some stuff does fit, other - definetly not.. Dammit, this is hard :innocent:
    Nonetheless, thanks for writing this, im definetly going to do more research on it!

• People would be surprised to know that I have played chess in the nude. Yes, on a nude beach in the south of France, I played chess with a French guy and he taught me the French words for all the chess pieces.

• @Chris033 - what about when someone pays you a compliment, like they say they like your hair or your dress or whatever, don't you feel anything then? Not even a twinge of good feeling? Don't think you are weird just because you are different! Everyone is weird in some way.

@UKGuy It really depends, like if its a total stranger and theyre being nice then holy crap i feel nice, but if something like a compliment on a drawing im unsure of, ill thank them but brush it off :I ghh i mean i know im weird but i never know how much since i dont live in other peoples heads, but damn i find out a lot about myself lately

• I am also a taxidermy artist and I love creating cool fantasy creatures! =)

• @JRose That looks amazing! What do you call it -- a merunigoat?

• It's my Unicapricorn!!

• edited February 2018

@JRose Ah, in retrospect that was obvious. :)

You're an amazing artist.

• @JRose I want 12. Make it happen LOL

• [Deleted User]john_cpe (deleted user)

There isn't a word for how angry I am all day long. Maybe in German, but I don't care what those untermensch think.

• [Deleted User]john_cpe (deleted user)

Jesus, that woman killed a mermaid and a unicorn just to make her point. Someone put Pan on alert.

• Thank you sweets!! I'll get right on that @reurbo lol!! ;) I'm working on some new beasts with wings... Excited to get them up for my next show. <3

• @Cris033 - being different does not make you weird, it makes you more interesting, and maybe more of a challenge to get to know. But if someone is not up for the challenge, they are probably not worthy of you anyway.

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

I'm afraid of needles and dolls. The reason I am afraid of needles is because I've had some bad experiences where the doctor or nurse jammed the needle into my arm when I was getting a shot, and it really messed me up for a while. So I'm very leery about getting shots from medical professionals. I avoid them whenever possible. :') I'm afraid of dolls because I've had a few experiences where a doll or group of dolls seriously creeped me out. So dolls just aren't my thing. I don't mind stuffed animals though.

• While I'm sorely out of practice, I seem to have a natural talent for music, stringed instruments in particular, like guitar and violin. Funny thing is, neither my mom nor dad nor brother seem to have such a talent, but my mom's father did. So we just say that I got my talent from my grandfather.

I'm also pretty good at making chocolate chip cookies. I've been told I should sell them, they are that good.

@BrianL I am also a musician. :) I play keyboard/ piano and I sing.

I agree that you should sell your cookies. That sounds delicious.

• @MoonlightSonata I've actually got an acoustic violin and an electric violin. I just need to get them into playable condition, and practice.

You'd really have to try my cookies to know, but thank you for the vote of confidence. They stay soft even after cooling off.

@BrianL You should definitely get those violins tuned and play them. :) It's always great to play instruments and sing. I also play various types of flutes (including a metal flute, penny whistle, pan flute, wooden flute, so on), drums, and other instruments. It's great for jamming out with friends or just to relax.

Your cookies are making me hungry. :P What other things do you bake?

• @MoonlightSonata I've tried doing it myself, but I can't get the strings to stay tight. Need to find a place to get them ready to play, but first I need to get income.

Heh. I basically do all the cooking in the house, not much in the way of sweets, but I've been told my Mac & Cheese is pretty good. I use Longhorn and Sharp in it. Takes about an hour in the oven. Makes a lot with the recipe as it is.

edited April 2018

@BrianL I enjoy cooking as well. It is always great to try out new recipes. Your mac and cheese sounds great. :)

• edited April 2018

I have fronted several hardcore and death metal bands. My biggest claim to fame is opening for Cannibal Corpse while I was in high school. For those who aren't familiar they were actually the band in Ace Ventura lol

@pmvines I am also a musician and have been in many Celtic, metal, classic rock, and other types of bands over the years with friends and such. :)

• I was playing saxophone and I'm from Switzerland. Most of my stuff is still there.
    I'm a gamer and somewhat nerdy.
    I can connect to almost everyone but when someone isn't talking I'm getting really uncomfortable

• I chose to live in foreign countries (so I lived in 4 countries so far); I visit my friends wherever there are in the world. So people assume I am a traveller or nomadic. I don't consider myself as one!

I don't visit tourist sites, I don't care much about beaches, museums, I am lost most of the time, no matter how familiar I am with the location. I got lost in the London Tube (Metro) many times. It is really hard for me to read/understand a map, and I've been lost even with my GPS on (while walking).

Sometimes, I get concerned when my friends visit me and expect from me to show them all the great stuff people could rave about when I haven't done them (not interested).

But I love road trips (car, motorbikes, boat) with no destinations in mind...

• I have 3 citizenships!

• edited April 2018

If only I spoke 3 languages!